SiouxSports.com Forum

Murph Called Up

shootdogger

and seems to mean they're not expecting Bombardir back at least for the Avs series.

I'm glad to see Murphy get the call, but the implication here seems to be that the Wild may survive the Avs. I think not. If they get a fifth game with the Avs, that would be a moral victory! :)

Sorry about the flame, but I gotta stick up for the Avs!

I'm glad to see Murphy get the call, but the implication here seems to be that the Wild may survive the Avs. I think not. If they get a fifth game with the Avs, that would be a moral victory! :)

Beware the Wild...they are a sneaky team, I think they will surprise a lot of people. While I understand that as an Avs fan you have to stick up for your team...I also have to stick up for mine. The Wild can beat the Avs. They can beat ANY team that's in the playoffs. They are 1-2-2-0 against Colorado this year. The Wild also have another thing going for them, they have no one that is consider a superstar (at least not by team standards). I believe they will get to a sixth or possibly seventh game with them.

Remember the Wild are undefeated when leading after 3 periods ;)

I'm glad to see Murphy get the call, but the implication here seems to be that the Wild may survive the Avs. I think not. If they get a fifth game with the Avs, that would be a moral victory! 

Rather, the primary implication being that Murph will likely get minutes in the playoff series against the Avs irrespective of whether we win the series.

It must be interesting up in Minnesota with the return to the NHL playoffs. I thought it would be fun to throw some smack and see who came out of the woodwork!

I agree that the D could be tough for the Avs, the playoffs always bring out great defensive hockey. I think they have too many guns. The "pundits" around here think that if they don't take out the Wild in 5 games, the Avs won't get past Detroit. Outside of college hockey, the NHL playoffs are my favorite time of year. :)

A bit more on the Wild's D-----

Minnesota's top defender, Brad Bombardir, practiced Monday but won't be able to play in Game 1 because of a back injury that's kept him out since Feb. 26. His agility isn't quite there yet. ''I want to get out there,'' he said, ''but if you can't help the team, you have to be honest with yourself.'' ... Andrei Zyuzin's light groin pull Sunday suddenly made the defense a little thin, but Zyuzin -- though he didn't practice Monday -- will be back for practice Tuesday, Lemaire said. ...

Heck of a game by Jacques. Colorado was clearly outcoached last night. The Wild made some excellent adjustments between the first and second periods. I didn't think with the AMP line and Roy that Jacques' experience in the playoffs compared to Granato's would prove to be much of a factor, but what a difference. This will be a fun series to watch, as the Wild have nothing to lose now. I don't think any fans of the Wild realistically expected their team to beat Colorado in a 7 game series (that may have changed a bit now, though three more wins against the Avs is a tall order), so everything beyond this first win is gravy. I'm taking the Wild in seven.

Why wasn't Muckalt playing last night? Or maybe he was and I just didn't see him.

Excellent work in the defensive zone last night for the Wild.

Also, what'd you think of that 4th goal, where Roy was wandering behind the net? He must have learned that from Hauser. :)

Why wasn't Muckalt playing last night? Or maybe he was and I just didn't see him.

I'm going to answer my own question, with an article in the P.Press today:

"With three extra healthy and contributing forwards, coach Jacques Lemaire had several options for selecting his opening lineup. He went with the brawn of Marshall and Johnson instead of the finesse and speed of rookie Pierre-Marc Bouchard and Bill Muckalt. The decision was more personal than strategic for Lemaire, who saluted Marshall for his quiet work ethic and Johnson for his role as the team sentinel."

Nice game by the Wild tonight. But neither Bombadir nor Murphy were in the lineup 

Jeez... at least Murphy could get some ice time if I'm forced to watch the Avs lose! That was a great defensive game by the Wild. Hopefully it woke the Avs up. Should be a great series, but I'll still take the Avs... probably in 6 games.

Remember the Wild are undefeated when leading after 3 periods  ;)

Well, the Avs are undefeated when leading after three periods.... :)

Just gotta throw some mud. Too bad Murphy got the healthy scratch. Hopefully he'll get some ice time up in St. Paul.

Yep, Murphy got sent back down to Houston yesterday.

That's too bad. I always cheer UND alumni. The year that Dallas made the cup run, I went as far as dropping my allegiance to the Avs and cheered Dallas (Belfour) when they won the cup. It kind of gagged me cheering for the "new" Stars. I was a North Stars fan and I swore I would never cheer that team after their owner screwed Minnesota. Oh well.

Are you talking about the "State of Hockey" flags that Kizla was calling a "flag of surrender"? ;)

Fortunately, Kizla is about the worst sports commentator in Colorado. We actually don't have anybody as bad a Sid here. Thank god. Irv Brown and Joe Williams are classics on 950 the fan. Woody Paige is a blowhard, but fun to read.

I will never cheer for the Dallas Stars, EVER (except for Mike Modano)...The year they won the cup was doubly bad for me, as the Buffalo Sabres became my team after the North Stars left. Also, at that time I was in my Gopher to Sioux fan transition phase, so being a UND alum wouldn't have had an effect on who I cheered for (I also didn't know that Belfour was an alum, he was just a former Blackhawk to me...an even better reason to cheer against Dallas at the time).

Also, hearing your opinion on Kiszla makes me feel a whole lot better. It's good to know that even Avs fans think he is a jacka$$.