SiouxSports.com Forum

Here come the Sackings!

Kuhninca

Dean Blais, in his postgame comments, indicating what I have been hinting at in other threads...talking about how this team had better come out hard as they ever dreamt tomorrow night and win one to take it to Sunday.

"If they don't, there's going to be a lot of young guys who pay the price for their lack of success this season."

I think Blaiser will take this harder than the fans will.

He hand picked these guys and they did not perform to THEIR

level!

You have to be hungry this team lacks D and leadership

on the ice it's to bad. I hope our next Hobey Baker winner

can put this team on track! The Zach Attack!

New Arena! New Hobey Winner! I said and you read it here!

:(  :)  :)

The future looks very bright! Do not fear Kuhninca! ;)

I have to wonder about Blais comments.

For instance, one game really won't make or break anyone, do you think?

If so, then that would mean Dean's mind is already made up, which fits what you have been saying.

Or, he is using this to put the fear of another poor effort into the team.

Blais will most probably review each player's performance when this season mercifully ends, finally.  I would expect him to trim the roster to free up some scholarship $$$ for players he plans to keep or players who haven't signed yet, but who he may bring on, such as goalies and defensemen who can actually cover the f'ing net and their own zone.   :)

On the bright side, if there is one, Kollar had a pretty decent night, even though Lucia generally played the 3 and 4 lines for much of his time in.

Goon easy big guy,

I think snake has a point if you lack D against a team like

UM you are doomed! :)

I don't think Josh is to blame as much as Blaiser is. You

can not keep a revolving door policy for goal tending. Look at the Dallas Stars Eddie then Turco until the loss and back to Eddie just doesn't work.

I could be the next coach Dahl at SCSU! :)

Oh wait that's not funny they finished higher than us. :(

Why did I buy the Swimsuit SI to read about the Zach Attack

of course! ;)

Goon easy big guy,

I think snake has a point if you lack D against a team like

UM you are doomed! :)

I don't think Josh is to blame as much as Blaiser is. You

can not keep a revolving door policy for goal tending. Look at the Dallas Stars Eddie then Turco until the loss and back to Eddie just doesn't work.

I could be the next coach Dahl at SCSU! :)

Oh wait that's not funny they finished higher than us. :(

Why did I buy the Swimsuit SI to read about the Zach Attack

of course! ;)

This season is has been hard to stomach. I don't fault Blais for the goaltending problems he was trying to win a home spot so we didn't have to play on the road. There are a lot of questions that need to be answered tonight.

Did UND rush Massen to the WCHA too fast? The guy has a lot of talent but doesn't bring it like he should.

With Fornier being sick losing valuable training time and then getting hurt, maybe he should have been red shirted this season.

Bochen$ki needs to learn how to ignore the extra B.S. that goes on, on the ice. In defese of Brandon he was goaded into a few of them penatlies but pick your times.

Goaltending, Goaltending, Goaltending. Wins games. if UND had won just 3 of these games we managed to loose we could have been going to the Ralph Tonight.

How can a team of SUPPOSEDLY hungry young players come into a do-or-die playoff series and play flat as they did tonight?  This was an embarrasement to Sioux hockey.  Some of these guys deserve the boot, and that's exactly what they are going to get.

That was an embarrasement for Sioux hockey. Mazurak was terrible, his hockey career is coming to an end and he took many penalties.

Personally, I think Siembida has a lot of potential as a solid goalie.  However, even the best goalies are going to get smoked when you have two or three opposing players behind your stand around d-men.  If he had more consistent help up front, I think Josh would have a few more wins.  That said, I thinkthe goalie situation is in a state of flux driven primarily by the better play of Kollar of late, the absence of Brandt and Siembida's own "green" play at times.  I think Blais will probably bring in another goalie or two for next season, including Sedevie. I do expect to see 3-5 roster cuts before it's over.   ???

I'll believe in guys getting cut when I see it.  Bochenski would be the most likely if you look at hockey sense and effort and attitude, yet he scores, so I doubt it is he.  

Fournier has been looking great, in my opinion.  Anyone who watched tonites game saw a glimps of the future, I believe.  Blais needs to play Fournier and Bochenski together.

Masson?  Maybe.

McMahon?  Are you kidding me?

Connelly?  Doubt it.  That kid played his heart out on the ice I think.  He just isn't a scoring type, I think.  But he's fast and plays hard.  Could be the next Spiewak, and that's not all bad.

Canady?  Doubt it.

Either of the goalies?  Doubt it.  Too hard to find.

dagies:

you are a class act, so this is not a slam.  However, I DO expect Blais to make some cuts based SOLELY on performance.  Why, because he can and because this team let him down in terms of acheivement this season.

Hasbargen and Murphy gave 100% every shift, but they got the axe so that players like R. Connelly could have a shot.  Some of these guys simply did not come through this season, even though they played in nearly every game.

Expected to be GONE next season are:

Both Connelly bro's.

Possibly D. Faul

It all depends on whether Blais can find some good recruits in the off-season, like he used to do when he was hungry and not yet big-headed (sorry, Dean).

Remember, Spiewak notched 15 as a freshman.  Connelly only managed 4?

Here's to the Sioux being back in form next season, with a number of HUNGRY new recruits, I hope.

I don't put too much stock in Freshman point production, however, when the team is comprised of a dozen "newbies" is is hard to ignore.  Bryan Lundbohm wasn't exactly a world beater his first season, and neither was Lee Goren.  One could see glimpses of greatness during their first years, and I think this is the case with a lot of this-season's freshmen.  I think what hurt the team most this year was the upperclassmen play/production.  Spiewak had 16 points as a freshman.......and now 17 points as a junior.  New "hungry" recruits will be nice, but I hope next year the team is full of a bunch of hungry sophomores and a few unsatisfied seniors!

dagies:

you are a class act, so this is not a slam.  However, I DO expect Blais to make some cuts based SOLELY on performance.  Why, because he can and because this team let him down in terms of acheivement this season.

Hasbargen and Murphy gave 100% every shift, but they got the axe so that players like R. Connelly could have a shot.  Some of these guys simply did not come through this season, even though they played in nearly every game.

Expected to be GONE next season are:

Both Connelly bro's.

Possibly D. Faul

It all depends on whether Blais can find some good recruits in the off-season, like he used to do when he was hungry and not yet big-headed (sorry, Dean).

Remember, Spiewak notched 15 as a freshman.  Connelly only managed 4?

Here's to the Sioux being back in form next season, with a number of HUNGRY new recruits, I hope.

KUCHINA,

If you were a Assitant coach or something I would take what you said with some merit, but I doubt it, Blais is not going to cut the Connely, this is the same kid that played a regular shift this past season and had his season cut short by injury.