SiouxSports.com Forum

UAF to WCHA?

GeauxSioux

man that's a big "if".

i agree, it will never happen. however, i don't think the bthc will ever happen either unless the big ten is willing to accept other universities into the conference who don't compete in the big ten in other sports. i mean how many b10 schools are there in all of college hockey? 5?

five. michigan, mich. state, ohio state, wisconsin, and minny... and then all the bthc theorists automatically throw notre dame in there thinking of course they will want to join our superconference even though they have refused to join the big 10 for other sports. and of course they throw out the possibility of teams like northwestern or penn state adding a div. 1 hockey program to join the superconference. all is good in theory, and yes it would be a money maker with the big 10 network... but right now it is a pipe dream. too much would need to happen before it would even be a thought. i'm not saying it will never happen, and if it does, that means college hockey will have grown which is good for the sport as a whole, but it is a LONG ways off. from a selfish standpoint, i would surely miss the great series each year between minny and wisco, but if college hockey was growing at that rate and 15 years from now, there were 6 or 8 more universities with college hockey, that would be great (although with title IX, that is alot easier said than done).

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic