SiouxSports.com Forum

2008 Minnesota Twins

gopherz

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, considering that in the letter to season ticket holders they basically got down on hands and knees begging people to stick with them till 2010, I'd say they're going to struggle, but not too terribly. They'll go as far as their pitching takes them. (Thank you Captain Obvious!) If Livian makes more than 10 starts, they're going to be closer to KC at the bottom of the barrel. If they can get innings out of the younger guys, then I think they could challenge the White Sox for 3rd place and build toward 2009 and beyond. The offense is going to be good. People forget how talented Delmon Young is. I really think Harris will come around as an adequate 2nd baseman as well. Sorry, Punto, I love you, but you're on your way to join the Lew Ford & Jason Tyner club.

We live in North Dakota, so I don't get to as many games as I did when I was going to school at UND, but I'm sure someone from my family will be going. Hell, my dad doesn't want to come to my rehearsal supper since we have tickets for that Friday night when they play the Yankees. :D

I dont think they will be bad but they wont be a contender, with the upgrades Detroit did and with the team Clevland has it will be hard to compete with them. I dont really know what to expect out of these guys but I can tell you they will play together and play the game the way its supposed to be played! who knows they could surprise people too!

yes he made a mistake and he payed for it, will it follow him wherever he goes? yes, but that dont mean he hasn't change since then!

Hopefully you're right, but if I had a nickel for every time I heard a player had changed his ways only to do something stupid yet AGAIN, (I'm talking to you, PacMan Jones), I'd be a rich man!

Hopefully you're right, but if I had a nickel for every time I heard a player had changed his ways only to do something stupid yet AGAIN, (I'm talking to you, PacMan Jones), I'd be a rich man!

the way i see the pacman jones thing is the titans let him get away with it and didnt stop him from doing his stupid stuff...i think the twins are a better organization by far and if he screws up he will be done...i doubt they will have time for his childish antics

the way i see the pacman jones thing is the titans let him get away with it and didnt stop him from doing his stupid stuff...i think the twins are a better organization by far and if he screws up he will be done...i doubt they will have time for his childish antics

How exactly did the Titans let him get away with it?

How exactly did the Titans let him get away with it?

my bad...i worded it wrong. the titans should've suspended him or fined him before he got into more trouble. each time he got into trouble he was making the titans look like fools. thats just the way i feel!

my bad...i worded it wrong. the titans should've suspended him or fined him before he got into more trouble. each time he got into trouble he was making the titans look like fools. thats just the way i feel!

He's a neverending headcase...

For the record, just so nobody gets the wrong idea, Moss is probably the only guy I would choose PacMan over.

Ok, cool. I have an idea. You get Pacman, I get Moss and then we build teams around them. We will then have our teams play a million times. Mine will win.

Say all you want about Moss, but I guarantee 99.9% of football fans would take him over Pacman. And its not even close.

You're right. Jones only has about three years of stupid behavior under his belt compared to a full decade for Moss.

10 > 3

So dave can we put you in the not a fan of Randy Moss department?

Back on topic (sorry, I get riled up when somebody tries to defend Randy Moss in any way, shape, or form)... as a Twins fan I would have to say we shouldn't expect much more than a .500 season. Nice win last night, but I can't help but think it's going to be a season of transition. Had they not traded Santana I think they could have potentially won a World Series with he and Liriano as a dominant 1-2 punch in the starting rotation. You can ride two dominant starting pitchers to a World Series title, just ask the Arizona Diamondbacks. You can't do it with one. I can only hope that at least one of the players who came over in that trade pans out.

Liriano will be nowhere near full strength over the course of this season. He's starting the year in the minors and will throw no more than 150 combined innings. This will be a "rehab" year for him, but should progress toward his previous ability in the next two years.

I'm optimistic that by midseason he can be back to where he was a couple of years ago. It's been about 18 months since his surgery.

Obviously you have no idea what kind of surgery he had or the history of players retuning from said surgery. I'll be amazed if he can completely regain form, including the nasty slider. He's a good enough pitcher where he'll be able to live without it, though.

But seriously, if he comes back to where he was two years ago by mid-season I'll have a giant "Fargo Rules" tattooed across my forehead.

Gomez was ridiculous yesterday, I was very impressed.

And just to set the matter straight with Moss, he is the man, I'd take him on my team over any other WR, no doubt. Loved the Randy Ratio and his general all around awesomeness.

Put it this way... I like Randy Moss less than you like the Gophers. :ohmy:

99.9% of the time I'm anti-violence, but in the case of the Randy Moss era in Oakland I believe his Raider teammates would have been justified in giving him a severe locker room beatdown for the crap he pulled out there. I can't believe he hasn't been called out for all the damage he's done to the integrity of pro football. If every player who played on a losing team lost interest and didn't put forth effort the bad teams would never have an opportunity to get better. I think it's a great injustice that he was allowed to even continue playing in the NFL, nevermind getting shipped to the best team, after being exposed for the front-runner that he is. Quite simply, he's the poster child for what is wrong with sports in this day and age. At least karma finally kicked in and prevented him from winning a ring.

You mean Gophers hockey team right. I don't mind the Football team...

Obviously you have no idea what kind of surgery he had or the history of players retuning from said surgery. I'll be amazed if he can completely regain form, including the nasty slider. He's a good enough pitcher where he'll be able to live without it, though.

But seriously, if he comes back to where he was two years ago by mid-season I'll have a giant "Fargo Rules" tattooed across my forehead.

I dont know if he will ever be back to what he was two years ago! that nasty slider will diffently have to be tweeked so he does not wrench on his elbow like before. we also have to remember he has not pitched in a REAL MLB game in about 18 months so he may look ready but game speed he is far from ready! i like what the twins are doing though in making him start out in the minors and then working his way up, i just hope for his sake he alerts them right away if he starts having any pain unlike last time!