We had an outstanding time.
- I walked around the tailgating area and everyone was kind - offering us beer and food, asking us questions, showing us their Utah decorated RVs. It was a good atmosphere. Lots of great trailers and set ups.
- It's a nice stadium with a beautiful view of the mountains.
- The food was inexpensive in the stadium - much appreciated.
- I didn't see a ton of unique football traditions during the game. The lighting of the "U" after the win was very cool. Other than that the cannon bit is overdone across the land, the band was OK, ... and that was about it. I've been to a number of Power 5 games and this game had the least amount of traditions I've seen. Not a knock by any stretch, just an observation.
- Many people stopped after the game to tell folks in green how good of a game it was. Over and over people said they liked Keaton. There were lots of kind people there. I'm curious how Utah fans react to visitors from Washington or USC, etc (not BYU obviously!).
- We visited In and Out, Temple Square, the state capital, Park City, and the Olympic Training Center. We really enjoyed all of it.
All in all it was a very worthwhile trip and I'm very happy we went. I appreciate how kind the fans were.... they left a great lasting impression.