SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux hockey team awards

jimdahl

MIP award validates what many of us thought of Lee Marvin as the season went on. Way to go Lee.

Also, interesting that Prpich is a co-winner. He started a bit slowly but came on as the year went on. Maybe there weren't many expectations on him and he surprised people. Note that the winners were freshmen, not anyone from freshman to sophomore year or anything like that. Good progression for those guys.

Way to go Notermann and Spiewak. A couple of very deserving awards.

Also, interesting that Prpich is a co-winner. He started a bit slowly but came on as the year went on. Maybe there weren't many expectations on him and he surprised people.

MIP to a freshman? Interesting. I've always thought of that as an award given to someone who improves from one year to another. I guess I'll have to rethink that.

I was not too impressed with Prpich during the UND-MN series in January. In fact, I thought he was a cement head hack. I have to admit he was one of the Sioux's better players during the FSU game.

I've stated this before, but this looks like a good spot for it. I think that Prpich is one of (if not, the) strongest skaters on the team, he fights off checks and I can't remember how many times I've seen him hold off a big defender with one arm, and bring the puck in with the other. He will be a great help in the years to come. Also, He, Hale, and McMahon did a hell of a job on a containment line, especially in the playoffs vs. DU.