SiouxSports.com Forum

Pack the Betty Saturday

4siouxnow

Let's all get to the games Saturday they should both be good games. USD is now ranked #10 in women's and #3 in men's. Let's get 2 big Sioux wins!!

The Betty needs to rumble, let's sell it out!!

New start time of 2:30.

dumbest marketing move ever.....

afternoon basketball, these games should be at night, you have youth hockey, boat shows, and people working.....

no reason these games should not be at regular scheduled times.....

plus the fact they are televising them.....? great for walk up ticket sales in grand forks.... :D

I love Saturday Afternoons, they're great... With Double headers who wants to be there until 10 at night on a Saturday night. If I'm the road, and granted in this instance their not, but this allows the road team to get on the road and back home at a semi-decent hour. If you look at most major division 1 college basketball programs-look at the majority of the programming on a Saturday for your tv and you'll find that most play in the afternoons. I like it because I can go have lunch, and then go to the games...and when they are over, there is still time to get some dinner at a decent hour. If I'm a student fan I should love it because I can still get up late from Friday night partying, and start Saturday night partying in the early evening.

If there is any question that I have on what possible could be one of the biggest home games of the season is will there be any vocal rowdy student sections to support the team. There hasn't been a student section that I have been proud of since the days at the Slop when Beasley was playing. In fact, I recall the student body was so raucous that a player from Omaha flipped off the students, and was suspended the for the next week of play. We just don't see that type of aggrevation any more. I love our fans that come regularly- I'm one of them, but my huge concern is that our Basketball fanbase is skewing older and I love the fact that they come, but I just wish our students would embrace these programs. I guarentee that the hounding from the student body when we go to Vermillion will be relentless, and you want to know our womens and mens players love it, they laugh at it, it makes it a fun atmosphere to be a part of. I'm not saying I want a bunch of students being vulgar- but be creative needle players a little when their waiting to inbound from the baseline or at the freethrow line- needle the officials- lord knows their all against us anyway.....

And I'm spent

I love Saturday Afternoons, they're great... With Double headers who wants to be there until 10 at night on a Saturday night. If I'm the road, and granted in this instance their not, but this allows the road team to get on the road and back home at a semi-decent hour. If you look at most major division 1 college basketball programs-look at the majority of the programming on a Saturday for your tv and you'll find that most play in the afternoons. I like it because I can go have lunch, and then go to the games...and when they are over, there is still time to get some dinner at a decent hour. If I'm a student fan I should love it because I can still get up late from Friday night partying, and start Saturday night partying in the early evening.

If there is any question that I have on what possible could be one of the biggest home games of the season is will there be any vocal rowdy student sections to support the team. There hasn't been a student section that I have been proud of since the days at the Slop when Beasley was playing. In fact, I recall the student body was so raucous that a player from Omaha flipped off the students, and was suspended the for the next week of play. We just don't see that type of aggrevation any more. I love our fans that come regularly- I'm one of them, but my huge concern is that our Basketball fanbase is skewing older and I love the fact that they come, but I just wish our students would embrace these programs. I guarentee that the hounding from the student body when we go to Vermillion will be relentless, and you want to know our womens and mens players love it, they laugh at it, it makes it a fun atmosphere to be a part of. I'm not saying I want a bunch of students being vulgar- but be creative needle players a little when their waiting to inbound from the baseline or at the freethrow line- needle the officials- lord knows their all against us anyway.....

And I'm spent

C'mon...somebody flip 'em off... :love: ok...I will!!! Let's go Sioux!!!!!

The student section Saturday was worthless, they sat on their hands and did nothing to help the Sioux or to hinder USD! Come on can someone get those kids into the game.

They were saying on the radio that the students have been told to sit?:glare:?? Is that the case? And that UND had the tamest student section in the NCC?:lol:?