SiouxSports.com Forum

Bracketology

sprig

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we could dump some WCHA teams, and add CCHA and EZAC teams, the regionals would all appear more favorable.

if scsu wins their series uw is out, if msu wins then minny should be out leaving 5 wcha teams

if scsu wins their series uw is out, if msu wins then minny should be out leaving 5 wcha teams

AZ this Bemidji boy agrees with you on this, if those two teams lose in the first rond they are done.

I don't care what some of the skippies from UW and UMN say. :):)

Let's apply that theory to college backetball too. Do you also believe that Mt. St Mary's, San Diego, or Coppin State are better than Florida, Kentucky, or Syracuse?

Let's just put every WCHA team in the NCAA tournament, throw in four other conference winners, and flip a conduct an NBA-style lottery for the final two spots. The system is what it is...

For those of you ripping on how bad the CCHA is, remember that their fourth place team from a year ago won the national championship.

In basketball? I have no idea who's better. I think Kentucky sucks this year but that may just be the local media convincing themselves that Tubby will save the Gophers.

I never said everyone in the WCHA should get in. My point was that I like having selections driven by Simple Math. (I remember the SIOUX getting totally hosed in 1983 by a corrupt selection committee, and yes I'm still piffed about it.) Simple Math doesn't trade an NCAA spot for a couple extra road games.

Simple Math says there should be 7 WCHA teams in, great. (KRACH says 8.) Last year it was less, and it picked the #4 CCHA team - that's fine.

AZ this Bemidji boy agrees with you on this, if those two teams lose in the first rond they are done.

I don't care what some of the skippies from UW and UMN say. :):)

UW is out for sure without a series win one would think. I think the Gophers still have a chance if we win a game, which is embarrassing that we would even still be in consideration but its sadly true being that its going to take some teams outside of the bubble to make some serious noise to pass us.

I agree neither team deserves it without a series win.

UW is out for sure without a series win one would think. I think the Gophers still have a chance if we win a game, which is embarrassing that we would even still be in consideration but its sadly true being that its going to take some teams outside of the bubble to make some serious noise to pass us.

I agree neither team deserves it without a series win.

the gophers arent even a lock if they win 2 games if the go to st paul and lose the play in game. 2 losses and they are finished i believe

the gophers arent even a lock if they win 2 games if the go to st paul and lose the play in game. 2 losses and they are finished i believe

Unless BU and Vermont, UMD etc play well into next weekend, If the Gophers win 1 game this weekend I think they will make it. I would rather sweep Mankato and not worry. If they make it to St. Paul, they are a lock. We both have our glasses firmly in place :)

Looking forward to a great weekend of hockey!! Love this years league, so many interesting playoffs.

Unless BU and Vermont, UMD etc play well into next weekend, If the Gophers win 1 game this weekend I think they will make it. I would rather sweep Mankato and not worry. If they make it to St. Paul, they are a lock. We both have our glasses firmly in place :)

Looking forward to a great weekend of hockey!! Love this years league, so many interesting playoffs.

Agreed with Gopherguy, lots of teams need to play really well behind us to pass us, if we win a game I think we still make it, and I do think we are a lock if we get to the play-in game, especially if its a sweep. That would put Mankato on the bubble I would think.

The one advantage all the WCHA bubble teams have is that all the teams chasing them in the PWR are playing non TUCs, which won't help their RPI. Even if WI and UMTC lose their series this weekend, because they lose to top 10 teams, they shouldn't move very much in the PWR.

The biggest killer for the 13/14 PWR team will be conf upsets. ECAC is ripe for this, maybe Hockey East as well.

Ferris State win hurt us tonight - they moved ahead of NE in RPI and dropped them out as a TUC.

We may need that extra TUC win to stay ahead of Miami.

After tonight games, here are the pwr.

1 CO College (WC) 23 .5907

2 Michigan (CC) 23 .5904

3 New Hampshire (HE) 22 .5754

4 North Dakota (WC) 21 .5878

5 Miami (CC) 21 .5820

6 Denver U (WC) 18 .5601

7 Mich State (CC) 18 .5595

8 Clarkson (EC) 17 .5461

9 Boston Coll (HE) 15 .5402

10 St Cloud (WC) 14 .5426

11 MSU-Mankato (WC) 13 .5356

12 Wisconsin (WC) 12 .5281

13 Minnesota (WC) 12 .5237

14 Notre Dame (CC) 9 .5319

15 Harvard (EC) 9 .5210

16 Ferris State (CC) 7 .5080

17 Boston Univ (HE) 7 .5259

18 Vermont (HE) 7 .5204

19 Minn-Duluth (WC) 7 .5178

20 Mass-Amherst (HE) 6 .5109

21 Michigan Tech (WC) 5 .5082

22 Princeton (EC) 5 .5254

23 Cornell (EC) 3 .5153

24 Quinnipiac (EC) 3 .5081

25 Providence (HE) 3 .5072

One of the team's chasing UMTC lost tonight as well - Notre Dame.

Not much movement after game 1. I'm not convinced the Gophers drop below 14 even if they lose tommorow, barring some upsets.

I hope we drop off if we lose tomorrow.

Ferris State win hurt us tonight - they moved ahead of NE in RPI and dropped them out as a TUC.

We may need that extra TUC win to stay ahead of Miami.

After tonight games, here are the pwr.

1 CO College (WC) 23 .5907

2 Michigan (CC) 23 .5904

3 New Hampshire (HE) 22 .5754

4 North Dakota (WC) 21 .5878

5 Miami (CC) 21 .5820

6 Denver U (WC) 18 .5601

7 Mich State (CC) 18 .5595

8 Clarkson (EC) 17 .5461

9 Boston Coll (HE) 15 .5402

10 St Cloud (WC) 14 .5426

11 MSU-Mankato (WC) 13 .5356

12 Wisconsin (WC) 12 .5281

13 Minnesota (WC) 12 .5237

14 Notre Dame (CC) 9 .5319

15 Harvard (EC) 9 .5210

16 Ferris State (CC) 7 .5080

17 Boston Univ (HE) 7 .5259

18 Vermont (HE) 7 .5204

19 Minn-Duluth (WC) 7 .5178

20 Mass-Amherst (HE) 6 .5109

21 Michigan Tech (WC) 5 .5082

22 Princeton (EC) 5 .5254

23 Cornell (EC) 3 .5153

24 Quinnipiac (EC) 3 .5081

25 Providence (HE) 3 .5072

It will be interesting to see what happens as the games play themselves out. I find it hard to believe that Wiscosin and Minnesota are that solidly in after both losing their games tonight. I still think it is only going to be 5-6 teams getting into the big dance. BU won tonight and dropped in the PWR.

It will be interesting to see what happens as the games play themselves out. I find it hard to believe that Wiscosin and Minnesota are that solidly in after both losing their games tonight. I still think it is only going to be 5-6 teams getting into the big dance. BU won tonight and dropped in the PWR.

That why they play the games. Regarding Wisky and Minny, it doesn't take a genius that Pairwise bubble teams aren't going to be on solid ground when they lose their games.

That why they play the games. Regarding Wisky and Minny, it doesn't take a genius that Pairwise bubble teams aren't going to be on solid ground when they lose their games.

UMTC and Wisco will drop a bit if they lose tonight. Then it all depends what teams behind them do. Say Notre Dame manages to win its series and move on - what happens to their PWR if they lose 2 at the Joe. The same with Harvard - If they stumble next week they may drop back.

The bottom line - the season is not automatically over for UMTC or Wisco if they lose tonight. The NCAA's aren't a sure thing but it's not out of reach either.

If I understand this correctly, UMTC and Wisco can still get into the NCAAs even if they loose tonight depending on how some of the teams behind them do. Harvard won big last night but Notre Dame lost and is danger of loosing again tonight as Ferris State is real hot right now. UMTC and Wisco sit tied for 12, Notre Dame and Harvard are tied for 14 and Ferris State, BU and Vermont are tied for 16 (along with Duluth)

Depending on how the stars align, there is a possiblility that both Wisco and UMTC make the tourney. Listen to everyone scream if that happens cause both teams could be under .500 (if they both lose tonight)

If I understand this correctly, UMTC and Wisco can still get into the NCAAs even if they loose tonight depending on how some of the teams behind them do. Harvard won big last night but Notre Dame lost and is danger of loosing again tonight as Ferris State is real hot right now. UMTC and Wisco sit tied for 12, Notre Dame and Harvard are tied for 14 and Ferris State, BU and Vermont are tied for 16 (along with Duluth)

Depending on how the stars align, there is a possiblility that both Wisco and UMTC make the tourney. Listen to everyone scream if that happens cause both teams could be under .500 (if they both lose tonight)

People will freak...deservedly so