SiouxSports.com Forum

Regional Sites - Midwest & West TBD

Bird Dog

Thought I would throw out a general question in the hopes that someone out there has some "inside information" about the the future sites of the Midwest & West Regionals. Currently, the East and Northeast have been determined through 2011 and the Midwest and West have only been determined through 2009. My gut tells me that there is fewer options for these locations and the committe does not want to go back to the same sites so quickly. I also can't help but think that the NCAA has chosen not to award these sites because of the Nickname issue with UND. Let me know if you have heard ahy rumors or have any thoughts. Thanks.

BD

Thought I would throw out a general question in the hopes that someone out there has some "inside information" about the the future sites of the Midwest & West Regionals. Currently, the East and Northeast have been determined through 2011 and the Midwest and West have only been determined through 2009. My gut tells me that there is fewer options for these locations and the committe does not want to go back to the same sites so quickly. I also can't help but think that the NCAA has chosen not to award these sites because of the Nickname issue with UND. Let me know if you have heard ahy rumors or have any thoughts. Thanks.

BD

Just wishful thinking on my part, and no inside information.

Record-setting attendance and great facilities for the teams are just two reasons to come back. Plus I'm sure Atlantic Hockey would support a UND bid. :D

with the nickname issue still in limbo (yes i know they have three years to get the tribes to agree, but...) and the two sides not being very cooperative with each other, i would be very surprised to see und get any sort of regional or ncaa sanctioned tourney. even though the nc$$ is all about the almighty dollar, and the ralph is a great regional site, they will never let another regional be held here with all the sioux logos plastered everywhere, they would see it as some form of giving in, and it will never happen. i guess the best we can hope for is a wjc everyonce in a while, and be prepared to travel for the regionals and ff. that all being said, that was one of the greatest weekends at the ralph, and i would love to have it happen again, just not very optimistic.

I actually heard that as well that the nick name issue was holding up another regional at UND and that they were impressed with the attendance and that they would love to have another one up here if the NICK NAME issue was resolved.