SiouxSports.com Forum

FIGHTING SIOUX vs. gophers

aleah

WooHOO......Three hours until game time, I figured I'd start a game thread. Get there early (if your going) don't miss the green beer...and don't forget to wear GREEN!!!

Games will be televised locally and on FSN from what I've gathered.

LET'S GO FIGHTING SIOUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hak pre-game comments:

Minnesota's had very good starts. They've played well coming out of the gates. The games they've lost, they haven't been able to keep it up though.

We need to come out strong and take it to them.

Genoway back tonight. Dynamic player. He's a competitive man, and that may be more important than anything. He's a presence you miss in the line-up.

A good possibility that specialty teams will be the difference in this series. We say it every week, but you never know when it's going to come down to that.

JPL gave us a great opportunity to win last Friday night, and he came out Saturday and was 1st star of the game for the night.

We talk a lot of weekends in a row about defense. You have to have that, as well as good goaltending to win. Both these teams can also get up and move, so it should be a good one.

Lines tonight from Brad's Blog.

UND's lines

16 Ryan Duncan--29 Chris VandeVelde--7 T.J. Oshie

20 Matt Watkins--17 Rylan Kaip--21 Matt Frattin

22 Brad Malone--8 Ryan Martens--11 Darcy Zajac

10 Andrew Kozek--19 Evan Trupp--14 Brad Miller

3 Derrick LaPoint--4 Taylor Chorney

2 Joe Finley--28 Robbie Bina

6 Zach Jones--5 Chay Genoway

1 Phil Lamoureux

30 Aaron Walski

Minnesota's lines

13 Ben Gordon--17 Blake Wheeler--26 Jay Barriball

12 Tony Lucia--Kyle Okposo--22 Ryan Flynn

11 Mike Hoeffel--7 Patrick White--24 Mike Howe

21 Tom Pohl--19 Evan Kaufmann

5 Derek Peltier--20 David Fischer

28 Cade Fairchild--4 Stu Bickel

2 Kevin Wehrs--6 R.J. Anderson

1 Jeff Frazee

33 Alex Kangas

WOOOOOOOOOO

PUMPED for this series can not wait, LETS GO SIOUX

just put on my Genoway swift and ready for a great series, glad Genaway is back in the lineup lets hope his injury is not a problem

lets hope to see the stick salute i have been waiting for one since Michigan State this would be a great series to see one (knock on wood)

LETS GO SIOUX

DROP THE PUCK!!!!!!!!!!

the sioux are getting outshot. it was in their defensive end more. sioux are playing very sound defense for the most part. couple high percentage chances for the sioux at the end of the period. minnesota with an edge in high percentage shots overall.

sioux aren't quite running on all cylinders yet. i think the second period will look better.

0-0 1st intermission

Anyone else having problems with this site loading really slow?

Lousy 1st period for the Sioux. Outshot 15-3. Couple of nice chances for Oshie and Dunc's but other than that, it was slim pickin's. Sioux need to come out in the 2nd frame with their heads on right, and take it to the Gophers. Dunc's should have had his first shot, and Oshie should've had the one that hit the crossbar too. Gophers getting a lot of chances, but JPL has only had to make one really nice save, which was a nice glove save.

LET'S GO SIOUX!!!!!!!!