SiouxSports.com Forum

Power play

Fetch

Seems slow to start off again this yr

Anyone have stats on who has had the most shots ?

Seems like Robbie Bina had the most at Boston. (maybe he needs to back up a hundred ft or so) :crazy:

I'd like to see it explode pretty soon

Chorney has got to stop toe dragging the puck everytime. A shot wide can be tipped, a shot blocked... You don't need to hit the net every shot. Possession is 9/10th of the power play.

But ya, we should have two good sets of pp D. No problems with that. If the pairs now are not working, we always got big joe. Hell, put Kaip back there.

That shouldn't matter to much.

Chorney has got to stop toe dragging the puck everytime. A shot wide can be tipped, a shot blocked... You don't need to hit the net every shot. Possession is 9/10th of the power play.

But ya, we should have two good sets of pp D. No problems with that. If the pairs now are not working, we always got big joe. Hell, put Kaip back there.

That shouldn't matter to much.

I think Chorney has an idea of what he is doing, I mean it has gotten him here and it has gotten him drafted 36th overall. Plus if he shoots it on net chances are the goalie is going to give up the rebound and our guys down low can bang it in there. It's a lot harder to tip a puck when the puck is flying at you and when you have a guy hanging on you then it is to slap it in off a rebound. And I don't mean to be an ass but thats just my opinion.

I just think that Chorney has forced shots on the pp this year. I can think of a couple that have been blocked and almost returned for breakaways. In each instance he has toe dragged the shot from the middle with no one backing him up. To me he is forcing it a little, and needs to be more patient (pass it on and set up a better shot). I would agree that Chorney has done a lot of things right to get to this point (draft, UND) but this is something that I haven't seen him do in the past on the pp.