SiouxSports.com Forum

Our Fighting Sioux "Band of Brothers"....

mygarske

I'm not sure if this has been talked about yet this year, but if it has I missed it and have not read reference to what I will call for now, our "Band of Brothers". The group of Juniors that made a pact with one another to come back home for 1 more season because they have unfinished business - a National Championship.

Last years D.O.T. line name was pure genious, hell, even the booger and mozako called them the D.O.T. line during the broadcasts of the games.

I think it would be great for the members of this board to come up with a name that is fitting of the committment that these young men made to our school, to each other and to the legacy of Fighting Sioux Hockey. A D.O.T. type of name might not work because you don't want to leave anyone out and you would never want to minimize any contribution by a player large or small. That said, we all know it's basically Oshie, Duncan, Chorney and Finley that made the pact.

So what do you think loyal supports and key plunkers of the greatest sports website in internet history? What name will the siouxsports.com faithful come up with that will make national news and media coverage?? From our basements and office cubicles to the sports world.

I'll start off with the topic title "College Hockey's Band of Brothers" or "The Fighting Sioux Band of Brothers". Both are a little wordy and some might see it as a slight to those war vets, but after watching and reading about these young men, I think the comparison is fair and they are of the same quality and fibre of men.

i only know BYOB :lol:

Hak did say that whole thing was blown out of proportion a little bit. It is great that they decided to come back but I think like Hak said they each had their individual reason for doing so above and beyond "the pact".

I'm not sure if this has been talked about yet this year, but if it has I missed it and have not read reference to what I will call for now, our "Band of Brothers". The group of Juniors that made a pact with one another to come back home for 1 more season because they have unfinished business - a National Championship.

Last years D.O.T. line name was pure genious, hell, even the booger and mozako called them the D.O.T. line during the broadcasts of the games.

I think it would be great for the members of this board to come up with a name that is fitting of the committment that these young men made to our school, to each other and to the legacy of Fighting Sioux Hockey. A D.O.T. type of name might not work because you don't want to leave anyone out and you would never want to minimize any contribution by a player large or small. That said, we all know it's basically Oshie, Duncan, Chorney and Finley that made the pact.

So what do you think loyal supports and key plunkers of the greatest sports website in internet history? What name will the siouxsports.com faithful come up with that will make national news and media coverage?? From our basements and office cubicles to the sports world.

I'll start off with the topic title "College Hockey's Band of Brothers" or "The Fighting Sioux Band of Brothers". Both are a little wordy and some might see it as a slight to those war vets, but after watching and reading about these young men, I think the comparison is fair and they are of the same quality and fibre of men.

i wouldnt label myself a genious but thanks, theres a first time for everything right :lol: hell a 2 year old could have came up with that name, OK i admit it i stole it from a 2 year old :lol:

I think it would be great for the members of this board to come up with a name that is fitting of the committment that these young men made to our school, to each other and to the legacy of Fighting Sioux Hockey.

I would like to suggest "National Champions," but we will see how that goes.