SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ Boston College & Northeastern

AZSIOUX

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is great to get the accolades etc...but this team needs to prove it on the ice. Press clippings aren't going to bring home any hardware. We shall see how it plays out.

Before we get too excited about what Kate Crandall has to say, she also said this, showing that she's not that familiar with what goes on here. Phil was hurt in the first half last year, and I don't recall that he was a late performer any other year.

Kate Crandall, The Gazette: Goaltending is a huge issue in the WCHA in general. Although the Sioux are one of three teams in the league to return a consistent starter in Lamoureux, he tends to wait until the second half to settle in. I am starting to think that, on a team that deep, he is the weak link. Harsh, but that team is quite deep.

from brad

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

There will not be live scoring updates on the blog tonight as I am not in Boston. There should be updates on the Herald site, though. I'm guessing the lines will be almost identical to those we saw against Michigan State... just one small change. I'd expect to see Ryan Duncan-T.J. Oshie-Matt Frattin; Brad Malone-Rylan Kaip-Matt Watkins; Evan Trupp-Chris VandeVelde-Andrew Kozek; Kyle Radke-Darcy Zajac-Ryan Martens. The small change being Martens on the fourth line instead of Brad Miller.

from brad

<a href="http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/" target="_blank">http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/</a>

There will not be live scoring updates on the blog tonight as I am not in Boston. There should be updates on the Herald site, though. I'm guessing the lines will be almost identical to those we saw against Michigan State... just one small change. I'd expect to see Ryan Duncan-T.J. Oshie-Matt Frattin; Brad Malone-Rylan Kaip-Matt Watkins; Evan Trupp-Chris VandeVelde-Andrew Kozek; Kyle Radke-Darcy Zajac-Ryan Martens. The small change being Martens on the fourth line instead of Brad Miller.

Is Miller hurt or a healthy scratch?

Either way let's hope Ryan makes the best of the opportunity!

Is Miller hurt or a healthy scratch?

Either way let's hope Ryan makes the best of the opportunity!

probably a healthy scratch and got beat out this week in parctice by martens. im guessing miller and marto are on the trip as scratches for tonight then who knows for tomorrow.

dont mess around tonight after lasts night circus olay show, play phil. he hasnt given up a goal in 5 periods :love: which make it 2 straight shutouts in the books vs top 4 teams. go into NE tonight and take last nights debacle out on them. take them to the woodshed as the saying goes. play phil. it didnt look good for malone so if brad miller is on the trip as a extra forward then he can step up if malones out. i think we are gona see as 5-0 game tonight with phil in net. at least we should be able to get a full 60 minutes in tonight.....LETS GO SIOUX

dont mess around tonight after lasts night circus olay show, play phil. he hasnt given up a goal in 5 periods :love: which make it 2 straight shutouts in the books vs top 4 teams. go into NE tonight and take last nights debacle out on them. take them to the woodshed as the saying goes. play phil.

I agree. The Sioux need this win after the tie against BC. Lamoureux is playing very well so I think the Sioux need to keep playing him until it makes sense to give Grieco or Walski some time. Some might be assuming the Northeastern will be a cakewalk. I'm not assuming that.

I agree. The Sioux need this win after the tie against BC. Lamoureux is playing very well so I think the Sioux need to keep playing him until it makes sense to give Grieco or Walski some time. Some might be assuming the Northeastern will be a cakewalk. I'm not assuming that.

exactly. lets throw our best out and take it to them

dont mess around tonight after lasts night circus olay show, play phil. he hasnt given up a goal in 5 periods :love: which make it 2 straight shutouts in the books vs top 4 teams. go into NE tonight and take last nights debacle out on them. take them to the woodshed as the saying goes. play phil. it didnt look good for malone so if brad miller is on the trip as a extra forward then he can step up if malones out. i think we are gona see as 5-0 game tonight with phil in net. at least we should be able to get a full 60 minutes in tonight.....LETS GO SIOUX

Miller and Marto are both on the trip.

Something to keep and "eye" on. Conte Forum does not have A/C. In warm weather the ice begins to fog. Last year BU vs. BC (and I think a hockey game this year) had a "fog out". The tempature is going to be in the 70s on Friday. Hopefully it will be cool enough at night so the ice does not fog.

GO SIOUX!!!!!!!

I hate it when I am right :)