SiouxSports.com Forum

you make the call

UND92,96

I doubt Blais is going to want the position being he is going to be the coach in Fargo.

I heard a rumor a few months ago that Blaiser might be interested, but I didn't pay much attention because it seemed pretty far-fetched. However, I have to think Fee must have talked to somebody "in the know" who confirmed at least the possibility of some interest on Blais's part to have included his name in the list of potential candidates.

This is not a popularity contest! Dean, although an excellent hockey coach, would not be good in this situation. You need someone with experience! You can not have someone with no AD experience, come in and lead an athletic department into D-1.

Ray Purpur would be my first choice

Rob Bollinger would be my second

Both would do a good job I believe.

Dean Blais wouldn't be my first choice, but I wouldn't completely dismiss him as a potential candidate if he's actually interested, either. Look at Wisconsin. Other than being a long-time head football coach, what really qualfied Barry Alvarez to become a.d.? Also, at U.S.C., was Mike Garrett really the most qualified candidate when he got the job? Things seem to have worked out fine at both schools, and undoubtedly there are countless other examples of people without all that much administrative experience (at least outside the coaching realm) who went on to become effective a.d.'s. With that said, I'd still prefer Bollinger or Purpur, but we have to be realize that the chances of neither being interested are probably pretty high.

IMHO...

UND needs to put a "Face" on its program right now a Trusted, Creditable, and Recognizable Face to the program to move it forward. You can hire all the bean counters you want (No offense to bean counters). We need a decision maker and someone you can tie everyone together, coaches, alumni, administration, fans, and students. He will also need to raise a rainbow of money, somehow.

My List in no ranking order...

Dean Blais

Roger Thomas

Rob Bollinger

Gino Gasparini

Rich Glas

Ray Purpur

Dale Lennon

Rick Hedberg

I am sure there are more but these individuals come to mind....

IMHO...

UND needs to put a "Face" on its program right now a Trusted, Creditable, and Reconizable Face to the program to move it forward. You can hire all the bean counters you want (No offense to bean counters). We need a decision maker and someone you can tie everyone together, coaches, alumni, admistration, fans, and students. He will also need to raise a rainbow of money, somehow.

My List in no ranking order...

Dean Blais

Roger Thomas

Rob Bollinger

Gino Gasparini

Rich Glas

Ray Purpur

Dale Lennon

Rick Hedberg

I am sure there are more but these indiviuals come to mind....

You do raise an interesting topic with your selections. Rich Glas is an interesting selection. I am not going to to say he would be the best candidate because he has no AD experience, but I bet he would like to make a move back to Grand Forks.