SiouxSports.com Forum

Something New

BobIwabuchiFan

On the coaches show tonight Swyg said that the men's basketball team would be going from 12 to 14 scholarships next year when we go DI. What is the present level of scholarships for the men and women and how many scholarships will they both have next year? For some reason I was thinking they were both at 10 now. I think the women are going to 15 but I might be wrong. Doea anybody know?

On the coaches show tonight Swyg said that the men's basketball team would be going from 12 to 14 scholarships next year when we go DI. What is the present level of scholarships for the men and women and how many scholarships will they both have next year? For some reason I was thinking they were both at 10 now. I think the women are going to 15 but I might be wrong. Doea anybody know?

The DII limit for men's BB and women's are both 10 (was men's reduced from 12 to 10?). Thought UND was at the DII limit for both, but it may depend upon the yearly situation. DI only allows 13 men's schollies, so I doubt UND will go to 14 unless it's an AD mixup. :silly:

DI allows 15 women's BB schollies, which may be reduced to 13 also.

Well, that would be a good way to get NCAA sanctions. Are you sure he didn't say 13 scholarships for men's basketball? That happens to be the DI limit. The limit for WBB is 15, though that might change depending on the outcome of this week's NCAA meeting.

edit: Wow, three geeky NCAA rule responses in under 2 minutes. I think some of us need better lives. :silly: