SiouxSports.com Forum

Great win

SloStang

Thanks, SloStang. Would have been interesting if UND hadn't had four turnovers (-3 on the day).

You are a classy representative of a great program. Thought Cal Poly had a good chance of handling the Idaho Vandals. Sounds like the Mustangs had turnover issues.

Cal Poly lost 4 All-Americans and two other starters on the defensive side of the ball and got off to a rocky start at Texas State. There are a lot of Redshirt freshmen and sophomores playing. The defense made great strides this last week and I expect they will continue to get better as the year goes on and they mature. Cal Poly traditionally has one of the best defenses in the FCS.

As for the offense, other than the fumbles, I think they are much better than last season. Last year the offense struggled. This year they have a lot of weapons. Against Texas State 6'6" WR Ramses Barden had 8 receptions for 207 yards and 2 TDs. This week they doubled Barden and WR Tredale Tolver had 5 recptions for 120 yards and a TD. FB Jon Hall ran for 120 yards up the middle of Idaho's defense. Cal Poly also has to great wing backs in James Noble (2,587 yards in two years) and Ryan Mole (1,700 yards in two years at Sac State).

I think that Cal Poly will turn it around this week against Weber State. The good thing is that Cal Poly returns 10 starters on offense and 8 starters on defense next year.

Good luck the rest of the season. I am pulling for UND bringing the 2007 DII NC with them to the GWFC in 2008.

There are a couple of Cal Poly schools but this one is in San Luis Obispo. UND also has some history with DII Cal Poly Pomona in women's basketball.

One way to remember it is that Cal Poly grads are SLOw. :D

Going farther back in history, UND defeated Cal Poly-SLO in the 1972 Camellia Bowl in Sacramento!

About five hours south of the wine country. Hmm...the wife's always wanted to see the wine country. I'm sensing a fall trip to California in the next year or two!

Cal Poly is five hours south of Napa Valley, but is about a 20 to 40 minute drive to about 20 wineries north of San Luis Obispo. It is about a 10 minute drive to the ocean. San Luis Obispo is about half way between San Francisco and Los Angles on the coast.