SiouxSports.com Forum

Student season tickets

Brasco

I personally like this system, I've never had any trouble with getting my tickets.

I thiink the camping out really sucks, some people have jobs and can't afford to skip

all of their classes for days on end to camp out to get tickets. Just my opinion.

That's why you have friends to camp out with. If you don't have any friends to camp out with then ability/inability to get hockey tickets should be the least of your concerns.

I had a scare today...almost broke my computer. So, junior tickets go on sale like 4 minutes late, that was scary at first. Then, it wouldn't accept my user ID. So was like WTF. Luckily my girlfriend wasn't getting tix, so I asked her what her ID# was, but by then junior tickets were gone! :sad:

But...when the sophomore tickets went up, mine worked...apparently I'm a sophomore, not a junior! Haha

That's why you have friends to camp out with. If you don't have any friends to camp out with then ability/inability to get hockey tickets should be the least of your concerns.

i agree. even though i got tickets, this is a poor system. instead of camping out once for a day, i have to get to the ralph at least 2 hours early every game for the best seats.(or 6-8 for umtc :sad: )

I got my tickets luckily but most of the people I was around got screwed... my g/f is a sophmore and her and 5 of her soroity friends were on there resfreshing continously until they could submit their info... none got one... we called ticketmaster or the box office or whatever and they said sophmore level sold out in under a minute...

This system is pretty poor as it's obviously just dumb luck. It's pretty much just an electronic lottery.

I totally agree that this is a worthless system. Ive gotten screwed out of tickets 2 years now cause the system has said something is wrong on my info or the constant refresh page has come up. And people selling their tickets right away is crap. Here im a student that would kill for season tickets is left out because theirs thousands of people trying to make a profit and this system jis makes it a whole lot easier on them. Going back to the original standing in line would eliminate the people like that for the most part. And I would have no problem sitting in line. Bring back the old system!

I do not like the system, and believe that if they are to use this system they need to offer multiple packages. I even emailed the Student Body Pres expressing my concerns with no response. It was over the summer, so his workload could have not been that high, which dissappointed me. I know they worked hard on perfecting this system, but they also said they would talk with the student's and I feel that wasn't done, and they did let me down.

They need to offer packages like they did today, but at the same time add in lower bowl both night tickets, lower bowl reserved seating areas, and even half season packages. Not only would this greatly increase revenue, increase attendance, but also more people would be targeted and happy.

I did get my tickets, and they were paid for by 1:01, but still don't think it is fair, and would like to see camping brought back. They say the Ralph won't allow it, but we now own a rather large parking lot adjacent to the student entrance (Wellness Center), why can't we camp there and make an organized walk over on a Sunday morning.

EDIT: I also wish the student ticket system was like the Dave Matthews Band Warehouse policy,as stated below

Resale of Tickets

You may not resell the tickets you purchase through the Warehouse for more than their purchase price. If any Warehouse member is found to be reselling, trading or brokering tickets for profit that they purchased through the Warehouse, the Warehouse may, at its discretion

(i) forfeit such Member's membership and membership fee;

and/or

(ii) cancel such Member's ticket order and all other pending orders of such Member and refund the total price for the tickets minus a $3.50 per ticket processing fee, plus the amount of any shipping fees that have been incurred with respect to the order.

We urge you not to purchase tickets through brokers or "scalpers." These tickets can be counterfeit in which case you are not only overcharged but the ticket will not even allow you admission into a show.

We also reserve the right to cancel the membership of any member found to be scalping Dave Matthews Band tickets, regardless if they were purchased through the Warehouse or through another ticketing source.

I was glad to see them add just upper bowl tickets this year. There is always such a demand for season tickets and most people who want them have to go get single games. This way, 200 extra people won't have to stand in line for tickets next week. What I want to know is how is this system any better than the lottery they used to have. As Diggler said, this is an electronic lottery. It randomly picks from the 100's of people who are all logging on at the specified time. The only thing it does do is discriminate against people without credit cards or debit cards. Might as well go pack to the regular lottery, save the ticketmaster fees, and eliminate the stress that comes from the mad dash as tickets open.

I did get my tickets, and they were paid for by 1:01, but still don't think it is fair, and would like to see camping brought back. They say the Ralph won't allow it, but we now own a rather large parking lot adjacent to the student entrance (Wellness Center), why can't we camp there and make an organized walk over on a Sunday morning.

The problem with that is the walk over would be about as organized and calm as a soccer riot.

Is there a problem with it? My friend is trying and it says no tickets available. He's been trying since it opened.

I had this problem yesterday when I had to buy my friend a ticket. I had no problem with mine, but when I tried to buy her one it said there was no tickets left. This was at 1:05 and I remembered last year that it took like 15 min for the senior allotment to sell out so I figured there was something wrong with the system. I kept trying and eventually it let me purchase it. And I knew that she was a senior so I knew I was in the right time slot.

I only saw one person get hit in the head with an empty bottle while camping outside the new Ralph for tickets. And he was a Gopher fan. I rest my case.

That's because the camping was taking place at REA. If the camping has to take place somewhere else and then everyone runs to REA:

1. People will be wielding empty bottles of Jack, lead pipes and fluoroantimonic acid like it's going out of style.

2. Why even camp? Just stand as close to REA property as possible.

2a. The running thing was tried about four years ago. It was less successful than The Chevy Chase Show.