SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Recruits - 2007-08 Updates

USA Hockey

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David Toews with 33 goals and 47 assists, 80 points in 38 games

Question - why isn't Danny Kristo coming in 08 - he's our highest ranked draft eligible recruit by CSS and he is only about 10 days younger than David Toews. I'm worried he will be drafted high (1-2 round) and he will a pro in 3 years. Which means, if he plays a yr. of Jr. he will be with us only 2.

Is he definitely an 09?

Chris Heisenberg's 2008 Recruits

Jordy was the best player in the Sat noon game. Make you wonder why he is not following in his brothers footsteps. It is not often that we do not land the younger brother. I can only think of one instance (Jesse and Max Bull). Did something happen between UND and the Murray's?:D I find it hard to believe that we did not attempt to sign him.

Yes there are some things between the UND and the Murray's which is why we didn't recruit Jordy hardly at all.

Question - why isn't Danny Kristo coming in 08 - he's our highest ranked draft eligible recruit by CSS and he is only about 10 days younger than David Toews. I'm worried he will be drafted high (1-2 round) and he will a pro in 3 years. Which means, if he plays a yr. of Jr. he will be with us only 2.

Is he definitely an 09?

Chris Heisenberg's 2008 Recruits

not sure on kristo, i think many of those forwards are gona be 3 year players max either way

I believe the Kristos aren't interested in rushing Danny along at this point in his life.

he wouldnt be coming in a year early like toews did and i know that wasnt your point with his family. just stating that.. he would be on par at his age as a freshman but i will go with the coaches and what they think is best for kristo on coming to und. he will come when they think hes ready

he wouldnt be coming in a year early like toews did and i know that wasnt your point with his family. just stating that.. he would be on par at his age as a freshman but i will go with the coaches and what they think is best for kristo on coming to und. he will come when they think hes ready

Age-wise you are correct but I believe he is only in his junior year of high school right now.

friday night in USHL

gregoire 2 goals for lincoln in 4-2 win

cichy and lamoureux had a assists in 5-2 loss for tri city

BCHL

hextall had 2 asissts thislast tuesday in a 3-2 win and plays tonight

AJHL

eidsness won this last tuesday as well and plays tonight, hes 19-2-3 overall

friday night in USHL

gregoire 2 goals for lincoln in 4-2 win

cichy and lamoureux had a assists in 5-2 loss for tri city

BCHL

hextall had 2 asissts thislast tuesday in a 3-2 win and plays tonight

AJHL

eidsness won this last tuesday as well and plays tonight, hes 19-2-3 overall

SATURDAY night stats

USHL

ben blood with a goal in a 3-2 win for indiana

cichy with a goal and mario lamoureux with a goal and assist in 3-2 win for tri-city

gregoire with 1 assist in lincolns 3-0 win - tied for 2nd in USHL in overall scoring with 41 points. leader is at 42 points

BCHL

hextall tied for 19th in BCHL league scoring with 53 points

AJHL

eidsness is first star in last nigths game stopping 34 of 36 shots in a 5-2 win improving his record to a league best 20-2-3 and 2.05 GAA and .937 sv%

Welcome Andrew MacWilliam!

Some blurbs from various sources:

MacWilliam is a B prospect on the Central Scouting list this fall.

MacWilliam was selected to play on Team West in the World Junior A Hockey Challenge. A blurb from an exhibition game.

Team Canada West defenceman Andrew Macwilliam also got involved in the physical game and dished out his share of hits on Smoke Eaters. Rybalka said that's the type of intensity he was hoping Trail would provide.

A side note from the same story on Hextall, who also played on that team:

A BCHL combination of Brett Hextall, Russell Goodman and Zac Dalpe knew how to get under the Smokies skin

MacWilliam was a 9th round selection of the Spokane Chiefs WHL draft in 2005:

In response to The Draft Guy, who said he isn't very good, although I've never seen him play, when your recruiting decision comes down to UND, BC, and BU, I think that means you are more than capable of playing at the college level.

Exactly. To take a quote from the Herald article:

The 17-year-old from Calgary had offers from Colorado College, Denver, Boston University and Boston College. He ultimately chose UND over Denver.

You don't get offers from those top-end schools if you're not very good. :silly:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/articles/index.cfm?id=65039

Welcome aboard, Andrew!

toews at 82 points , still has 10 point lead

shattuck hockey

USHL last weekend

gregoire, 1 goal friday, 2 goals saturday

blood, 1 goal saturday

fink, didnt play friday, 1 assist saturday

cichy, 2 asisst friday, 1 assist saturday

lamoureux, no points, 4 PIM friday, 5 PIM saturday

BCHL

hextall, 2 assists in 4-0 friday win, 2 assists in saturday 4-0 win

AJHL

macwilliam - even plus/minus, no penalties on 24th in 4-3 win

eodsness - stopped 25 of 26 shots on jan 24th in 2-1 win to improve his record to 21-2-3 with a 2.01 GAA

shattuck will be playing some high school teams this weekend in benilde and holy angels. im guessing those will be some good games

eidsness got another win last night improving stopping 29 of 30 shots and improved his record to 22-3-2 with a 1,97 GAA

shattuck will be playing some high school teams this weekend in benilde and holy angels. im guessing those will be some good games

eidsness got another win last night improving stopping 29 of 30 shots and improved his record to 22-3-2 with a 1,97 GAA

Boy, I sure hope those numbers translate over to D1 WCHA.

Welcome Andrew MacWilliam!

Some blurbs from various sources:

MacWilliam is a B prospect on the Central Scouting list this fall.

MacWilliam was selected to play on Team West in the World Junior A Hockey Challenge. A blurb from an exhibition game.

A side note from the same story on Hextall, who also played on that team:

MacWilliam was a 9th round selection of the Spokane Chiefs WHL draft in 2005: