SiouxSports.com Forum

A Buy/Sell forum?

Big A HG

With game-worn jerseys, memorabilia, and other collectibles...I think we could expand the site by adding a forum for buying and selling items. The tickets could be a sub-forum in both sections of the forum.

EXAMPLE:

MARKETPLACE (This is the new main forum heading)

--LISTINGS (items for sale)

-----Tickets (these are sub-forums within listings section)

-----Sioux Collectibles/Memorabilia

-----Other

--WANTED (items people are looking to buy)

-----Tickets (these are sub-forums within wanted section)

-----Other

That way people aren't spamming topics/threads with stuff they are looking to buy/sell...it will all be under one forum section.

Any thoughts/ideas?

With game-worn jerseys, memorabilia, and other collectibles...I think we could expand the site by adding a forum for buying and selling items. The tickets could be a sub-forum in both sections of the forum.

EXAMPLE:

MARKETPLACE (This is the new main forum heading)

--LISTINGS (items for sale)

-----Tickets (these are sub-forums within listings section)

-----Other

--WANTED (items people are looking to buy)

-----Tickets (these are sub-forums within wanted section)

-----Other

That way people aren't spamming topics/threads with stuff they are looking to buy/sell...it will all be under one forum section.

Any thoughts/ideas?

That sounds like a great idea

I don't think we'd need seperate forums for "For Sale" and "Wanted." It would be easier to just put "FS:" or "Wanted:" at the beginning of each thread title.

I don't think we have that many for sale/wanted threads that it would necessitate spilling them into seperate forums.

Besides that, it sounds like a great idea.

I'd probably be inclined to add more sports forums before 5 more buy & sell.

I, personally, haven't noticed buying/selling to be a real problem. The problem with then moving it elsewhere is that far fewer people would see the messages; right now someone selling hockey memorabilia gets the full attention of all hockey fans.

The reason we moved tickets is because it was becoming a problem (a dozen threads at a time), and because people know when they're in the market for buying/selling tickets. People don't necessarily know they're in the market for a jersey or bobblehead until they see someone is selling one.

If we did want to make this change, would it also work to change the tickets forum to a general marketplace? The problem with that would be dilution.

I'd probably be inclined to add more sports forums before 5 more buy & sell.

I, personally, haven't noticed buying/selling to be a real problem. The problem with then moving it elsewhere is that far fewer people would see the messages; right now someone selling hockey memorabilia gets the full attention of all hockey fans.

The reason we moved tickets is because it was becoming a problem (a dozen threads at a time), and because people know when they're in the market for buying/selling tickets. People don't necessarily know they're in the market for a jersey or bobblehead until they see someone is selling one.

If we did want to make this change, would it also work to change the tickets forum to a general marketplace? The problem with that would be dilution.

I don't see how it would get dilluted...I think you're confused by the concept...

You could do what BigGreyAnt said and just have one general "Marketplace" with three subsections. I think it would give Sioux fans a great place to be able to sell their stuff. There aren't 100 different forums here so I think most people would check these Buy/Sell forums consistently, making it both more organized and more useful. I think more people would be apt to selling stuff if they knew of a good place where they'd get the most amount of Sioux fans to see it. Ebay is always an option, but I think this place is much more useful.

I dunno, it was just an idea.

I don't see how it would get dilluted...I think you're confused by the concept...

You could do what BigGreyAnt said and just have one general "Marketplace" with three subsections.

I think you're confused by the concept :silly:

I was saying that changing the tickets for sale/wanted to a single general Marketplace might fill this desire of getting "for sale" out of the hockey forum, but without taking up a bunch more front-page real estate (as the original proposal of 6 new main forums would have).

The dilution problem would be that other memorabilia could get lost in the shuffle of tickets. The front page would only show the most recent post of any type of item wanted/for sale, whereas with separate forums for each (as originally proposed) you'd see the most recent tickets for sale separate from the most recent knick-knack for sale.

There aren't 100 different forums here so I think most people would check these Buy/Sell forums consistently, making it both more organized and more useful.

I dunno, it was just an idea.

There aren't 100 different forums because we're slow and methodical about change; when people make proposals we have discussions like these. I very much appreciate the ideas -- the current layout is largely in response to member suggestions and discussions.

Well, it wouldn't be 6 new forums, it'd be 3...well, actually only 2, because the ticket forum is already there. The buy/sell forums would be combined. I don't think it would be too much to add, and I think it would really benefit the site and Sioux fans in the future.