SiouxSports.com Forum

Jersey Auction

micky981

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All in all, in what games did the team wear the black swift jersey?

not sure on all games but i think they may have worn them first in that holiday tourney vs dartmouth and st lawrence? wore vs scsu in final 5 and in west regional both games and frozen 4 loss to BC? i think there may have been a few more if anyone can help.......

They may have wore them in the second game at DU too. Don't remember for sure.

maybe so, i know they didnt lose in them until the BC game but hell, BC owns us in the frozen 4, god i hate to say that but its true....chowda head baaaastods

not sure on all games but i think they may have worn them first in that holiday tourney vs dartmouth and st lawrence? wore vs scsu in final 5 and in west regional both games and frozen 4 loss to BC? i think there may have been a few more if anyone can help.......

Pretty sure they wore them during the sweep of the gophers also

Pretty sure they wore them during the sweep of the gophers also

I know they wore themin the Dartmouth tourney against Dartmouth, fri at minn, sat at du, sat at scsu, final 5 vs scsu, the regional vs mich and minn and against bc in the frozen 4. For a record of (7-1)

Here's what the list was as far as I know:

-Dartmouth Holiday Tourney (2 games)

-Gopher series

-one DU game

-Final Five tourney (2 games)

-NCAA tourney games (3 games)

I was thinking there might be one more away series where they wore them one game....not 100% though.

Here's what the list was as far as I know:

-Dartmouth Holiday Tourney (2 games)

-Gopher series

-one DU game

-Final Five tourney (2 games)

-NCAA tourney games (3 games)

I was thinking there might be one more away series where they wore them one game....not 100% though.

dont think they wore black both at minny and we wore green in the ot loss in the final 5 so 1 game in final 5, we only played 2 games..black vs scsu

dont think they wore black both at minny and we wore green in the ot loss in the final 5 so 1 game in final 5, we only played 2 games..black vs scsu

They wore black on friday against minn and green on sat look at the galleries on gfherald.com

All in all, in what games did the team wear the black swift jersey?
  • Dec. 29 - First game at Dartmouth
  • Jan. 26 - First game at Minnesota
  • Feb. 24 - Second game at Denver
  • March 16 - Final Five against SCSU
  • March 24 - NCAA against Michigan
  • March 25 - NCAA against Minnesota
  • April 5 - Frozen Four against Boston College

• Dec. 29 - First game at Dartmouth
  • Jan. 26 - First game at Minnesota
  • Feb. 24 - Second game at Denver
  • March 16 - Final Five against SCSU
  • March 24 - NCAA against Michigan
  • March 25 - NCAA against Minnesota
  • April 5 - Frozen Four against Boston College

pcm comes in for the 9th inning save............i know you will blow a few soon..even mariano rivera is starting to do that :silly:

pcm comes in for the 9th inning save............i know you will blow a few soon..even mariano rivera is starting to do that :silly:

Hehe...Mr. Miller is always good for a save! :silly:

Mariano is another story...I think it'd help if he wasn't about ready to move into a nursing home he's so old. Francisco Cordero is another story...GO BREW CREW! (or should I say Brioux Crew)

Thanks to all those who took the time to check on which games they were worn in. I could only find the same seven games as well. It would have been nice to have a running record like Michigan does in their weekly release, as to what the team has done in each color.

I have two swift jerseys in my collection now, but to have a black Sioux with the FF, would be the best one of the three by far. I have a Michigan State #13 Turek that was worn in 2 of the 4 games they played in the swifts, and #10 Turnbull for Michigan who scored their only goal in the swifts lost to Michigan State. The dark color swifts look better, than the lighter ones. And, I'd like to have one for next's year's Frozen Four pregame party in Denver. :silly:

I'm not sure if the Sioux ever wore black in the Frozen Four before? All the other Frozen Four patched jerseys are green or white.

Side note: Michigan State players loved their jerseys, but the coach told them once they lose in them that's it, and never wore them again. ;)

Good luck to all that will bid :silly:

Thanks to all those who took the time to check on which games they were worn in. I could only find the same seven games as well. It would have been nice to have a running record like Michigan does in their weekly release, as to what the team has done in each color.

I have two swift jerseys in my collection now, but to have a black Sioux with the FF, would be the best one of the three by far. I have a Michigan State #13 Turek that was worn in 2 of the 4 games they played in the swifts, and #10 Turnbull for Michigan who scored their only goal in the swifts lost to Michigan State. The dark color swifts look better, than the lighter ones. And, I'd like to have one for next's year's Frozen Four pregame party in Denver. :silly:

I'm not sure if the Sioux ever wore black in the Frozen Four before? All the other Frozen Four patched jerseys are green or white.

Side note: Michigan State players loved their jerseys, but the coach told them once they lose in them that's it, and never wore them again. ;)

Good luck to all that will bid :silly:

pat knows what exact games as he helped or did a story on them for uscho i believe......

I have two swift jerseys in my collection now, but to have a black Sioux with the FF, would be the best one of the three by far. I have a Michigan State #13 Turek that was worn in 2 of the 4 games they played in the swifts, and #10 Turnbull for Michigan who scored their only goal in the swifts lost to Michigan State.

Some guy got the Andrew Cogliano Michigan Swift jersey for like $200, but still complained because it was only game issued. What a schmuck. That is incredibly cheap for as talented of a player Cogliano is. Just had to get that off my chest. :silly:

Some guy got the Andrew Cogliano Michigan Swift jersey for like $200, but still complained because it was only game issued. What a schmuck. That is incredibly cheap for as talented of a player Cogliano is. Just had to get that off my chest. :silly:

What's the guy's name? I'll give him 3 hundy for it! :silly:

well i was down in st louis i laid my eyes on a one of a kind i saw it and was immediately tantilized by it was like these jereys except it was a hoody sweatshirt it was neat and i am asking

Where can i find one of these puppies?

I am honored that you have made a shirt after me. That is awesomeness. So it's just like me.

When teams have more than 2 types of jerseys for away games, who decides which one the team will wear for the game? Also, will the Sioux replace the ones they are selling this season with a new design?

When teams have more than 2 types of jerseys for away games, who decides which one the team will wear for the game? Also, will the Sioux replace the ones they are selling this season with a new design?

I believe that the black jersies are only worn for "special" occasions and that ONLY the players decided when, where and why the black jersies are worn....and sometimes that is right before game time.

I believe that the black jersies are only worn for "special" occasions and that ONLY the players decided when, where and why the black jersies are worn....and sometimes that is right before game time.

jerseys need to be announced as the equipment people need to lay them out on the lockers for road games as you will ring the greens and blacks. they will decide that morning or even before that if they are going black or green on the road...obviously home games there is no choice as you usually go white at the ralph unless a very special occasion and so forth they can wear green or black. the sioux have had black jerseys for a while now so im assuming they will have another style next year.

I don't know about other times, but Hakstol was the one who made the decision about whether the team would wear the black Nike Swift jerseys.