SiouxSports.com Forum

Summer Jobs

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah

So I'm looking for a 2nd job for the summer so that I can afford my rent... Anyone got any ideas on some fun ones (or some not so fun ones, but they'd pay me lol)?? Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

PS. I would most likely apply for places that are for sure hiring ;):ohmy:

So I'm looking for a 2nd job for the summer so that I can afford my rent... Anyone got any ideas on some fun ones (or some not so fun ones, but they'd pay me lol)?? Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

PS. I would most likely apply for places that are for sure hiring ;):ohmy:

Dietrich's Bus Service

Last summer I took a job in sunny Iraq...

Benefits include a tax-free income, paid living expenses, free work uniform, no-deductible no-premium health insurance and a retirement plan.

I believe that there are still some open positions remaining....apply HERE.

:lol:

I was just checking out local blood drive times and I noticed that United Blood Services in Fargo is having a drive next week at Biolife Plasma Services. Does anyone else find that mildly amusing? Conflict of interest? Unwelcome competition? Two for one?

I read somewhere you can make 2600 a year donating blood. A person could finance a nice vacation with that.

I don't think you can get money for selling blood anymore. BUT selling plasma is ok. You can only donate blood every two months. You can donate plasma every 7 days but most facilities restrict that to twice a month.

I know a professional couple who give plasma twice a month, each, and put the money in a college fund for their child.

Thanks for your guys' input.....

1) I don't think I'd be a very good bus driver...

2) I can't donate blood or plasma because I don't weigh enough...

3) PRACS turned me away! Seriously, who does that?! :lol:

I may just have to go back to the hotel business lol

You dont want to do PRACS anyway....my brother did it and had to pay in a buttload on his taxes that year (for 20 years old, any kind of pay-in to the govt is a lot). Yeah its good temp money but you pay for it later anyway.

Try one of the greenhouses or construction. For construction, you get paid 10 bucks or more an hour just to hold up their flags and be outside. Greenhouses are fun places to work too, but its not easy work either.

You dont want to do PRACS anyway....my brother did it and had to pay in a buttload on his taxes that year (for 20 years old, any kind of pay-in to the govt is a lot). Yeah its good temp money but you pay for it later anyway.

Try one of the greenhouses or construction. For construction, you get paid 10 bucks or more an hour just to hold up their flags and be outside. Greenhouses are fun places to work too, but its not easy work either.

Oh really? I didn't know that, thanks!

Yeah, I've always thought about being one of those people during the summer that gets paid to hold the sign, but I'm not a huge fan of standing in the middle of traffic lol

PS. I would most likely apply for places that are for sure hiring :(:D

I assuming your living in Grand Forks. I have a few suggestions: apply for job working at golf courses. A lot of course have beer carts and they need workers. Good way to make tips and you can be outside. Bar tending is another great idea, stay up late and sleep in. Try looking at the at GFAB they ussually have a ton of jobs during the summer, pay great.

Donate Blood, I saw where you can make 200 a month and up to 2600 a year.