SiouxSports.com Forum

Gas Prices

Fetch

We only put enough gas in our car to get to the better prices.

I have noticed that the M and H in Detroit Lakes often has the lowest gas prices in the area....often 5 to 10 cents a gallon cheaper than Fargo. Of course, I haven't been there in a few months, so I have no idea what it's been with this latest surge.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are definitely right about that LeftyZL. The small towns around here used to always be at least a nickel to a dime more than GF, but last weekend (Memorial Day wknd., of course) they were at least 15 cents cheaper than the cheapest price here. The twin cities also tends to be cheaper than here as well. Gas has also been above the national average most of the time lately. I've been watching the price for the national average, and the last I had seen, it was just under $3.00/gallon, yet we are 20 cents more then that. Unreal!!

I can tell you why it's like this in town. COLLUSION, if one station rasies the price the others are expected to do so too. I recommend buying the discount card at Jug and Loaf. The Holiday stations in town seem to be cheaper than the other stations in town as well.

I can tell you why it's like this in town. COLLUSION, if one station rasies the price the others are expected to do so too. I recommend buying the discount card at Jug and Loaf. The Holiday stations in town seem to be cheaper than the other stations in town as well.

It's almost impossible to control. If a station like BP goes up because of a shipment, sure the other stations around it will profit for a short time, but eventually the other stations will have to go up as well or else they'll run out of gas. And what station wouldn't go up an extra nickel if it increased their profit margin.

It's almost impossible to control. If a station like BP goes up because of a shipment, sure the other stations around it will profit for a short time, but eventually the other stations will have to go up as well or else they'll run out of gas. And what station wouldn't go up an extra nickel if it increased their profit margin.

Also remember that gas stations don't have a huge profit margin regarding gasoline, but more make their profit off of other services.

We only put enough gas in our car to get to the better prices.

I have noticed that the M and H in Detroit Lakes often has the lowest gas prices in the area....often 5 to 10 cents a gallon cheaper than Fargo. Of course, I haven't been there in a few months, so I have no idea what it's been with this latest surge.

If you go through F-M to hit the lakes, always stop at Casey's in Dilworth or Mhd...they are the cheapest.....and take one of their pizzas to go.

You had to buy the discount card at Loaf 'n Jug? I got one for free.

Oh my I am such an airhead, :silly: your right ask for one and they will give it too you for free unless your a Gopher fan!! :bigsmile:

• 2 weeks later...

We were in the cities this past weekend, and while the gas prices here were at around $3.09/gal., gas stations in the cities were running anywhere between $2.83 and $2.88/gal. Further proof that we are being price gouged in this town! I know the stations came down to what is now $2.99/gal., that's still more then we paid anywhere in the cities. Some staions were 2.91 to 2.95/gal., and that's still less than what we're paying now! I'm really getting tired of being gouged. I'd much rather have the money in my pocket to spend on other things, but I guess they don't see that in this town. Ouch! Why can't gas be cheaper?

We were in the cities this past weekend, and while the gas prices here were at around $3.09/gal., gas stations in the cities were running anywhere between $2.83 and $2.88/gal. Further proof that we are being price gouged in this town! I know the stations came down to what is now $2.99/gal., that's still more then we paid anywhere in the cities. Some staions were 2.91 to 2.95/gal., and that's still less than what we're paying now! I'm really getting tired of being gouged. I'd much rather have the money in my pocket to spend on other things, but I guess they don't see that in this town. Ouch! Why can't gas be cheaper?

I agree we are being gouged up here, I have been saying it for years. I guess I have come to the point that it doesn't do any good to complain about it because the gas cartel in town is still going to sell the gas and they aren't going to change their pricing practices until more people speak up and complain about it. The other day a bunch of us were talking about how its cheaper to buy gas east of town on the way to the lake.

I went down to South Dakota last weekend and every place I bought gas was equal to or more than I paid in Grand Forks. I guess the state of South Dakota is part of the price-gouging conspiracy, too.

I went down to South Dakota last weekend and every place I bought gas was equal to or more than I paid in Grand Forks. I guess the state of South Dakota is part of the price-gouging conspiracy, too.

You think you're getting gouged, try Chicago area prices.

$3.37/ gal was the cheapest I saw on way to work this morning.

That's in the suburbs, Chicago is even more.

At least they came down about .10 in the last week, but we're still getting robbed

In the McIntosh/Erskine/Fosston area, it's been $2.89 since at least this past weekend.

I always though that was funny because LOC is from Fosston and is now in Grand Forks for about two years. Those towns always seem to be cheaper than in Grand Forks, I think that only strenghtens our price gouging in Grand Forks Theory.