SiouxSports.com Forum

Judy's Incident Resolved

Sioux-cia

I have to disagree. Some students may get the message. Especially if Jon is sincere and tells them that he is not going to drink illegally again and doesn't. There's a lot of hero worshiping in the younger age groups. Having Jonny talk to a group of grammer-school and possibly middle school classes will have an impact on some students. Any older then that the likelihood of it is less likely.

I think the message would have an impact for kids that age for oh...about ten minutes. Schools as a forum for curing social ills has proven to be a resounding failure for about three generations now. These are the types of issues best left to parents and their children to address.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still curious, however, to see (as Hak alluded) how the team dealt (or is dealing) with the infraction.

Maybe our on line Pseudo Reporter :( PCM can confirm; my guess is the boys were more than likely disciplined and I don't think it matters if it ever comes out in the press or not.

Maybe our on line Pseudo Reporter ;) PCM can confirm; my guess is the boys were more than likely disciplined and I don't think it matters if it ever comes out in the press or not.

probably either tared and feathered or made them watch game tape of uw play :(:( i didnt say that did i? just playin for you cheeseheads out there :(

I am very pleased to see these young men plead guilty. I'm not happy that the incident occured, but that they've decided to accept the responsibility. That's a sign of maturity that is unfortunately becoming rather rare in the world today. I won't pretend to believe these guys won't crack a beer again before they're 21; but they've shown me another glimpse into the core of their character by fessing up.

I am still curious, however, to see (as Hak alluded) how the team dealt (or is dealing) with the infraction.

Let's not kid ourselves here...they didn't wake up one day and decide to do the right thing...It's all about bargaining with the attorney so they had something reduced in the form of punishment.

However, if this is the worst thing these guys do in life, I think they'll be ok....They're 18-20 year old kids having fun. If you look at the big picture, a Moorhead State basketball player was just in court for murder and U of M football players are facing charges of rape.....having a party with the noise too loud is pretty minor.

Let's not kid ourselves here...they didn't wake up one day and decide to do the right thing...It's all about bargaining with the attorney so they had something reduced in the form of punishment.

However, if this is the worst thing these guys do in life, I think they'll be ok....They're 18-20 year old kids having fun. If you look at the big picture, a Moorhead State basketball player was just in court for murder and U of M football players are facing charges of rape.....having a party with the noise too loud is pretty minor.

Why go to court when you are guilty and going to be found that way. Cut the deal and move on. And your right - this is pretty minor considering.

I remembered these posts from the old, now closed Oshie, Toews, Bina trouble thread. Were any reports released??

Hockey Dude Feb 7 2007, 07:55 PM

The people that are blaming a single person is falsely incorrect and should stop. Reports will prove it.

Yttrium Feb 7 2007, 08:23 PM

I also second this post. No one should be blamed for calling the GFPD unless there is solidified evidence that this person did it. The report will come out but no one should be publicly blamed at this time.

Who was the person that reported this. I think the proper word is Plaintiff.

:(

I just went through the entire thread and didn't see any name, gender, nationality, state of residence, NOTHING, that someone posted that said "THIS IS WHO DID IT!" There was a lot of speculation, and joking about it. So how can there be a 'Plantiff'? Ridiculous!!!

I believe there was a narc based on what my son told me. He worked as a bouncer at a now closed bar. He said they always knew when someone called the cops on a minor (they do manage to sneak it with those borrowed ID's) because when the police officers came into the bar, they zeroed in on the minors who were ratted out and didn't bother with anyone else. The bartender at his old bar told him that is what happened at Judy's.

I can't believe someone read the thread and said, 'They're talking about me!! I'm going to court.' Geeze Louise, that is some self absorbed, narcissistic, .... Never mind, I'm going for more coffee.

Oh, oh!!!! I posted a list of suspects!!! Is someone suing me?!? ;)

:(

I just went through the entire thread and didn't see any name, gender, nationality, state of residence, NOTHING, that someone posted that said "THIS IS WHO DID IT!" There was a lot of speculation, and joking about it. So how can there be a 'Plantiff'? Ridiculous!!!

I believe there was a narc based on what my son told me. He worked as a bouncer at a now closed bar. He said they always knew when someone called the cops on a minor (they do manage to sneak it with those borrowed ID's) because when the police officers came into the bar, they zeroed in on the minors who were ratted out and didn't bother with anyone else. The bartender at his old bar told him that is what happened at Judy's.

I can't believe someone read the thread and said, 'They're talking about me!! I'm going to court.' Geeze Louise, that is some self absorbed, narcissistic, .... Never mind, I'm going for more coffee.

Oh, oh!!!! I posted a list of suspects!!! Is someone suing me?!? ;)

Sounds lke the NARC is a Gopher fan, person that hates hockey players and hockey in general or a person that is just plain bitter/angry.

I think we should all just let the whole thing go, I'm sure there is nothing that the boys want more than to get this whole unfortunate situation behind them.

They screwed up, they have fines and community service to do, let's all move on.

I think we should all just let the whole thing go, I'm sure there is nothing that the boys want more than to get this whole unfortunate situation behind them.

They screwed up, they have fines and community service to do, let's all move on.

You're right. I was just wondering if the 'report' that Yttrium and Hockeydude said was pending was made public. I digressed.