SiouxSports.com Forum

BC / MSU

7>4

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Michigan State owes me, I told their players what they needed to do to beat BC at the Budweiser store in Union Station on Friday....... :silly:

How far was the Union Station from the arena? Sounds like that would've been a lot of fun. We had good intentions of taking all that stuff in on Friday, instead we hit the bricks and rode the trail of tears home early. :lol:

Did you get to meet "The Burb" from Mich State? What a crazy, cool dude! MSU has some really good fans in my opinion.

How far was the Union Station from the arena? Sounds like that would've been a lot of fun. We had good intentions of taking all that stuff in on Friday, instead we hit the bricks and rode the trail of tears home early. :silly:

Did you get to meet "The Burb" from Mich State? What a crazy, cool dude! MSU has some really good fans in my opinion.

It was a couple blocks west of the Scottrade, they had all kinds of hockey stuff going on down there....we watched the three Hobey finalists sign autographs on Friday. We just stood there watching how genuinely excited Ryan Duncan was to be there and to talk to fans.

We weren't sure when we left Thursday's game if we were going to take off and head home, and then we decided that we were already there and we might as well take in as much of the experience as we could. I'm glad we did. The hockey fans from everywhere were fun to watch and to talk to.

Pardon my ignorance, but does the Frozen Four have an "all FF team" like the Regionals do? If so, who made it?

They do, but I have no idea who made it......if I was to guess I'd say Lerg, Abdelkader, and Kennedy......and two BC players.

They do, but I have no idea who made it......if I was to guess I'd say Lerg, Abdelkader, and Kennedy......and two BC players.

I know Lerg the goalie made it. The other Lerg didn't, I believe. The other two State players sound right and then I think 3 BC players. I might be wrong though.

Those that left after Thursday night lost out on a good time. Yes, the Sioux lost, but there was so much more to the experience than that. Unfortunately we didn't find Union Station until Saturday afternoon, but we found plenty of other things to enjoy. And Saturday night's hockey game was great fun, even without the Sioux. Much better than WI-BC last year.

And finally, we met some posters that we already knew, and we met some new ones. We also met with old college friends and just had a great time. The Drury Plaza was great, and I can't compliment the staff enough. All of them were cheerful and helpful, and a very positive reflection. The one thing that I did learn is that dancing on the bar must be a very common occurrence in the bars.

I arrived in St. Louis Saturday around 12:30P and left at 1:00P Sunday. I had a wonderful time!!! Spending time with good friends, meeting new ones and watching a good game of hockey was well worth the trip. It would have been so much better..... Well, you know.

After dinner Saturday night, we spent the rest of the night at the bar in our hotel, Adam's Mark. We met many BC and UNH fans that night. Wooo, I didn't realize these two fan bases disliked each other so much until then. I was talking to BC fans and UNH fans came up and the BC fans stepped back and the same when the BC fans came back the UNH fans stepped back. The UNH fans were MUCH more verbal about their hate for BC. Regardless, I met some great hockey fans that I hope to see again every year at the F4. UNH will be playing us at the Ralph in December so we'll meet up again there. Oh and a BC guy who "know him well", said Bob Norton was a lush! How can he keep all that trivia from frying with his brain cells!?!

Don't know if this was posted or night, sorry if it's a repeat. We were told that Lerg, the Michigan State goalie is a very bad asthmatic. He gets nebulizer treatments before every period and during practices. For a little guy, he was impressive. My seat, thanks to Forecheck, was behind the goalie on the glass. I was a little surprised to see the number 1 and number 11 on the back of his helmut. Put me in mind of the Parise brothers. I guess you know number 11 is his cousin. As Mr. Siouxmama said, those boys will have plenty to talk about at family reunions for years to come.

I'm absolutely beat today but I'm not complaining. I had a great 24 hours in St. Louis. Now if only the 2007-2008 season were starting next week, life would be good! :silly:

Don't know if this was posted or night, sorry if it's a repeat. We were told that Lerg, the Michigan State goalie is a very bad asthmatic. He gets nebulizer treatments before every period and during practices.

They mentioned that on ESPN in the pre-game segments. Knowing this, you have to really admire Lerg's performance during the Frozen Four.

They mentioned that on ESPN in the pre-game segments. Knowing this, you have to really admire Lerg's performance during the Frozen Four.

You're right. You sure couldn't tell that he had a chronic respiratory problem by the way he was playing. Very impressive!!!!

You're right. You sure couldn't tell that he had a chronic respiratory problem by the way he was playing. Very impressive!!!!

The Mich State fans say Lergie plays wide open and is all over all the time. He sure was fun to watch on Thurs and his performance on Sat night was second to none. I'm sure he's an inspiration to his teammates and coaches as well.