SiouxSports.com Forum

Gopher Trolls stay away..

cujo2

Don't come over here and flame away to be a-holes. There is no need. Our/my team lost to und in the regional final and und lost to bc in the national semi-final. Point being is that both universities will not be national champions this season. Let's be honest here, the NC is what both teams are playing for nothing more nothing less.

Don't come over here and flame away to be a-holes. There is no need. Our/my team lost to und in the regional final and und lost to bc in the national semi-final. Point being is that both universities will not be national champions this season. Let's be honest here, the NC is what both teams are playing for nothing more nothing less.

I'll just say congrats to the Sioux for making as far as they did. Although I could not cheer for UND in the game tonight (let's face it: could you expect Texas to cheer for A&M in football? Could you expect Oklahoma to root for Texas in football? Could you expect UNC to cheer for Duke in basketball? Could you expect Michigan to root for Ohio State? etc, etc.), I did feel pride that the WCHA produced a quality team like UND.

You know the funny thing is is that over the past few weeks with sioux vs gophers or gophers and sioux ect. I realized come postseason that it is important that a wcha team representing the championship is important and awesome in the final tally. But I have had the hardest time accepting ever having to root for the gophers in my entire lifetime. But when it comes down to this point and time of exhausting hockey, I could actually see myself rooting for any WCHA team(i think) I honestly am kicking myself that I could root for the gophers someday but this rollercoaster season I think made me see the whole picture. SPORTS SUCK! :silly:

To think your team is so close, or kicking so much ass and then fall short, or really short whichever it is, is simply exhausting! This will be the first year that I do not watch the frozen four championship~!

BTW, Boston, or hockey east for the matter, is in the dumps in my opinion. Talking about a whole different style of hockey! Bunch of babies! Porter makes a clean hit on the board and the guy gets up and act like porter just stabbed him! WTF! Its called hockey buddy! And its NOT the womens league! (yet results in a penalty. Im sure the ref was well lubed for after the game to give boyle point or two about hockey! :lol: )

You know the funny thing is is that over the past few weeks with sioux vs gophers or gophers and sioux ect. I realized come postseason that it is important that a wcha team representing the championship is important and awesome in the final tally. But I have had the hardest time accepting ever having to root for the gophers in my entire lifetime. But when it comes down to this point and time of exhausting hockey, I could actually see myself rooting for any WCHA team(i think) I honestly am kicking myself that I could root for the gophers someday but this rollercoaster season I think made me see the whole picture. SPORTS SUCK! :silly:

To think your team is so close, or kicking so much ass and then fall short, or really short whichever it is, is simply exhausting! This will be the first year that I do not watch the frozen four championship~!

BTW, Boston, or hockey east for the matter, is in the dumps in my opinion. Talking about a whole different style of hockey! Bunch of babies! Porter makes a clean hit on the board and the guy gets up and act like porter just stabbed him! WTF! Its called hockey buddy! And its NOT the womens league! (yet results in a penalty. Im sure the ref was well lubed for after the game to give boyle point or two about hockey! :lol: )

Let me say luapsided.....it was Dive left, Dive right!!!!!.......I haven't seen such great diving since Robbie Earl...really!!!! and bringing that up, it was a Gopher fan who had the diving flag at the Final Five last year with, "Dive Earl Dive" written on it.....then Earl actually got one for diving that game....ahhhhh, just another great WCHA memory! :D

Yeah those HE guys seemed like serious pussies, I wish the Sioux wouldve taken care of business like they are capable of doing. We had a hell of a run, and in a one game series, sometimes a WCHA team will lose to a team from an inferior conference. But we did get outplayed and I almost cried, but I'll get over it.

as Sal said in an earlier post, I just coulnd't really pull for UND. But a little part of me was proud for the WCHA and the good showing UND presented. All said and done, stupid penalties cost UND big time. Porter should know better. The one empty netter seemed odd, what the heck happened to UND's D? Did they give up ala a certian Gopher goalie and not try for some odd reason? The mistakes were compounded and compounded. As the game was at 2-2, for a long time, that last few minutes was sure an exciting game. Never, NEVER, give a WCHA powerhouse the chance to score, even short handed, because our teams WILL (UND proved that). Pesonally, I think the game could have gone either way, but the penalties (yes they WERE penalties) cost UND big time. BC's PP is pretty darn good. The WCHA fan in me is sad, but the Gopher fan in me says "whew, no #8 for UND". Be proud of your boys, they played with heart and gave those HE a run for their money. The Gophs would have gotten POUNDED by BC. Is it next season yet, so we can play each other again? Have a good summer all!

W

The Porter interference penalty is a clean check in every league on the face of this earth. The puck was about two or three feet from both players, he squared up and checked him clean. The calls and make up calls were really sad. Regardless of outcome, I hate to see ticky tac and make up calls in a national semi final. Let them decide it five on five. The funniest was after the Porter boarding call, which was boarding, the BC player who had been laying on the ice like he'd been shot was all smiles back on the BC bench.

The Porter interference penalty is a clean check in every league on the face of this earth. The puck was about two or three feet from both players, he squared up and checked him clean. The calls and make up calls were really sad. Regardless of outcome, I hate to see ticky tac and make up calls in a national semi final. Let them decide it five on five. The funniest was after the Porter boarding call, which was boarding, the BC player who had been laying on the ice like he'd been shot was all smiles back on the BC bench.

Was I the only one who noticed that not long before the Porter interference call, Duncan had dumped the puck in the zone only to be throttled from behind by a BC player? No call! Two minutes later...Porter...interference. UGH!

I think the refs were too concerned about calling the penalties even and dictating the flow of the game. The best officiated games are ones where you hardly even know the ref is on the ice. Either way, poor officiating did not cost us the game. Tough loss.

Was I the only one who noticed that not long before the Porter interference call, Duncan had dumped the puck in the zone only to be throttled from behind by a BC player? No call! Two minutes later...Porter...interference. UGH!

How could you miss it?!?! It was clear as day and in the nuetral zone. Even the announcers thought we were getting hosed on penalties :silly: