SiouxSports.com Forum

WHat Happened?

Prpichrocks_19

I have another question. Well I asked Kyle Radke why he was playing forward and he said that it is becasue of Hakstal. But he didint really give me an answer so I was wondering why he has playing forward instead of defense?

Lee-Chorney

Bina-Finley

Jones-Genoway

Where is he going to play. IMO, Radke was added to the 4th line to add some physicality to the wing. He does a decent job at the wing as long as he's not taking bonehead penalties. :lol:

I think our d-men are playing great right now. Chorney is so smooth with the puck and rarely make mistakes in his own end. Lee has got it together in the past month or so. He's playing the body a little bit more and has really limited his mistakes on the defensive end. He has also been jumping into the play with a little more confidence. Bina and Finley are our best pair IMO. Not much goes wrong when they are out there and big Joe is so valuable on the PK with his length and ability to get in the way of passes. Finally Jones and Genoway really have impressed me, considering they are so young. Genoway is going to be a force with the puck in future years.

If nobody leaves I don't know where they will put Lapointe and Marto. Lapointe looks too good to sit on the bench. Without massive defections I don't see Radke getting back to the blue line.

I have another question. Well I asked Kyle Radke why he was playing forward and he said that it is becasue of Hakstal. But he didint really give me an answer so I was wondering why he has playing forward instead of defense?

because genoway is better at D

Why wouldn't the Sioux play Martins instead of Radke on the wing? Martins has show to have a pretty good upside in the limited amount of playing time that he has gotten. I wondered this last weekend.

Why wouldn't the Sioux play Martins instead of Radke on the wing? Martins has show to have a pretty good upside in the limited amount of playing time that he has gotten. I wondered this last weekend.

I thought the same thing last weekend especially after seeing the 5 minute major. Martens would not be that dumb to potentially cost us a game in the 5 minutes he gets to play. Martens has played hard when he's played and seems to have a better chance at putting the puck in the net than Radke. But maybe Hakstol likes the way Radke skates crazily around the ice trying to hit anything that moves. I know I don't.

Stop hatin on Radke.....if not for the checking from behind, the team wouldn't have bonded on the 5 min PK. :lol:

I'm sure he feels bad enough about not being able to play on Thursday.

sure was a stupid play ;) martens has been solid in there when playing, radke may end up with the goal to win #8, yup remember that :lol::lol:

Stop hatin on Radke.....if not for the checking from behind, the team wouldn't have bonded on the 5 min PK. :lol:

Hey I actually like Radke. I just wish he'd play smarter.

I will admit to having the same question but remember Hakstol's comments when he moved Radke back that he liked the physical dimension and the spark that Radke gave the team when he's in the lineup.

While I get enamored with more skilled players let's also not forget that Hakstol has done a very good job of putting guys on the ice who fill an important role, and they may not always be the most offensively talented.

because genoway is better at D

I believe that is was because they wanted to get Genoway on the blue line because of what he can bring. Radke can bring some positive things at the forward position, because he plays with an edge. Unfortunately, he is too often on the wrong side of the edge.

Hey I actually like Radke. I just wish he'd play smarter.

I don't think anyone said we hated him, I actually was dying to see him get into a scrap this year but no one would dance with him. I think his untimely penatlies almost cost the Sioux in a few games. However, I didn't think he should have been given a 5 minute major for checking from behind. The part that really chapped my but was EJ was smirking after the hit on the bench proving my theory that he imbelished it and should have been given a diving penalty. Go back watch and watch the film and you will see him smirking on the bench. That kind of stuff makes my blood boil.

Why won't he be able to play next Thursday? Did Hak announce somewhere that he has benched him? It can't be from the penalty because it was a Game Misconduct not a DQ.

I don't think anyone said we hated him, I actually was dying to see him get into a scrap this year but no one would dance with him. I think his untimely penatlies almost cost the Sioux in a few games. However, I didn't think he should have been given a 5 minute major for checking from behind. The part that really chapped my but was EJ was smirking after the hit on the bench proving my theory that he imbelished it and should have been given a diving penalty. Go back watch and watch the film and you will see him smirking on the bench. That kind of stuff makes my blood boil.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw that. He had the biggest !@$! eating grin on his face. Radke should have known better, but that smirk on EJ's face pissed me off to no end. I can't believe that no one else said anything. :lol:

To all gopher lurkers. Radke got 5 and deserved it.