SiouxSports.com Forum

Non Hockey Things to do

siouxnami

Talk about them here.

I know there is the Budweiser tour. We did that a few years ago, if you haven't done it, it is pretty cool.

Wednesday night there is a baseball game in the new Stadium, expect pricey tix.

St. Louis is known for good soul food and blues, so if you know of a place, let us know.

Gateway Arch, yawn...

East St. Louis gang warfare, exciting...

Bransen, shoot yourself... :silly:

What else is there to do?

Does anyone know if St. Louis has a smoking ban? That was really nice in St. Paul this year.

Gateway Arch, yawn...

Only went there once.

If you are claustrophobic, don't. The cart to the top holds 4 and looks big enough for 1, maybe 2.

VERY tight, and rocks and sways all the way up too.

At the top, you get a sight line of St. Loius, which I knew nothing about (agree, yawn).

But the small area was a great place to watch "bend overs" as all windows viewing require it.

(admitted, this could be good or bad, depending on who is there bending). :silly:

Talk about them here.

I know there is the Budweiser tour. We did that a few years ago, if you haven't done it, it is pretty cool.

Wednesday night there is a baseball game in the new Stadium, expect pricey tix.

St. Louis is known for good soul food and blues, so if you know of a place, let us know.

Gateway Arch, yawn...

East St. Louis gang warfare, exciting...

Bransen, shoot yourself... :silly:

What else is there to do?

Does anyone know if St. Louis has a smoking ban? That was really nice in St. Paul this year.

Wait till gametime outside the stadium and buy them there, if you are in STL you have to go to the New Busch it is worth the price of admission (no I am not a Cards fan either)

There is a Six Flags south of STL about 10 to 15 mins in a town called Eureka (yes Eureka) if you have kids this is a good time as well as the STL Zoo, and the Science Center. If you don't have kids here is a good time http://www.metrowatch.net/staticpages/inde..._sports_cabaret

The Arch was fun when I went. It is something you have to do once when you visit St. Louis. Before you go up, there is a movie that shows the history of building it and also a museum is housed all under the Arch. I think we spent about an hour doing things like that before we actually got in line to ride to the top. The movie kinda freaked me out because it made me realize how massive the thing was and how much went into building it and all the danger involved. I was with 6 high school kids and I had to talk them into still going after watching the movie. But once you get into the little car that brings you up, it moves slowly and was not a big deal. The view of the city is through a tiny window, but its a neat view in which you will see all the stadiums and domes and other pretty buildings of the downtown area.

There is also the Botanical Gardens if you are into that sort of thing.

Gotta go to the Budweiser Brewery. We hit the Miller one last year and found out you have to get there really early to get in because of all the beer drinking hockey fans. I guess beer and hockey go together!

The Laclede's Landing area of downtown is neat. It is old warehouses that have been made into unique restaurants and breweries and is close to the river.

Just stay away from East St. Louis. It is a dangerous part of the area, both day and night.