Air Force vs. Gophers

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

the gophs looked a little out of it for the first 2 periods. after we beat michigan, I hope they play that way against us, and we capitalize on it. The AF looked like they were getting tired towards the end and they got outskated by the gophers. That won't happen to us.

The announcers jinxed the AFA. How many times did they mention HC during that 3 goal span by the Gophs? It was quite numerous. You don't speak of the shutout when there is a shutout and you don't keep bringing up HC.

Superstition is bad luck. :lol:

Sioux18

As much as I was cheering for AFA (Atlantic Hockey pride), this game does go to show how remarkable it was that Holy Cross won last year.

Yes, two 4-seeds won this year, but they were both at-large teams with steady Top-20 rankings. Taking the CHA or AHA at-large berth and winning a tournament game remains a tall task. Kudos to AFA for a job well done.

GO SIOUX!

The boys got lucky. Hopefully like last weekend when they survived the UW game they will come back tomorrow night with their best effort.

I don't know if I'd say they got lucky. They took the first two periods off and decided to play when they needed to.

Makes me sick that this is on all over the Dakota's and my cable co, which has FSSN, will not spend two hours of ot to have someone set the receiver to get the game.

Unfortunately, FSSN has nothing to do with the broadcast.

As much as I was cheering for AFA (Atlantic Hockey pride), this game does go to show how remarkable it was that Holy Cross won last year.

Yes, two 4-seeds won this year, but they were both at-large teams with steady Top-20 rankings. Taking the CHA or AHA at-large berth and winning a tournament game remains a tall task. Kudos to AFA for a job well done.

GO SIOUX!

The gap has been close for several years now. Mercyhurst, Bemidji, and Wayne St. pushed teams to the brink. AF/Huntsville showed Holy Cross was no fluke. I'm sure there will be some blowouts again at some point, but the CHA/AHA league champion knows they can compete without a doubt.

Yes: Isn't Lammy the one who let in Wheelers goal!!!!!!!!! :lol::D

bet you couldnt squeeze a lubed up bebe in your butt about a hour ago..good comeback

a great effort by wheeler that beat phil and a 175 foot crappy bouncer clearing shot that beat frazee, same thing :D

The gap has been close for several years now. Mercyhurst, Bemidji, and Wayne St. pushed teams to the brink. AF/Huntsville showed Holy Cross was no fluke. I'm sure there will be some blowouts again at some point, but the CHA/AHA league champion knows they can compete without a doubt.

A team like AF that works hard and is well coached can do some damage in a tourey game. No pressure to win. There not going to lose kids to the NHL, so they have more Sr. leadership. Average age of AF is 18 mo. older than Minnesota. I think UND and Mn. are two of the younger teams in Div. 1. There is not much of a reward anymore to be a #1 seed. Maybe the NCAA's go to a 20 team field and the #1's get a first round bye.