SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux vs. Minnesota Game Thread

HockeyMom

Not a cheap shot! He ran a guy without the puck. That is not green colored glasses, that was cheap.

I give MN props for winning the game and am not blaming officials for the loss.

Gophers won yesterday, bu they are still the fourth winningest program in the conference in terms of national championships and the laughing stock of the Big Ten in football and hoops

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was not a cheap shot. An interference penalty probably, but definitely not a cheap shot.

And did it ever occur to you that Minnesota had more power plays because they outplayed the Sioux five on five, therefore drawing more penalties? The shots were 31-15 the last two periods and the Gophers outscored the Sioux 3-0 five on five. They were the better team and usually the better team will draw more penalties.

I suppose that is why we swept you in the M, with twice as many penalties and that was a cheap shot, take off your maroon colored glasses.

I definitely did not see a fast and loose game. I saw a tight checking game. It was a good game, but not the game that i have seen from the Sioux the last month or the Gophers for that matter.

Living in the Twin Cities, I watch all Sioux home games, but often watch the Gophers when the Sioux are on the road. Neither team played the game that they usually do. I give the win to DL for outcoaching DH last night. DL also spun it nicely to make the rodents on ice motivated like an underdog.

My compliments to him. My compliments to Blake Wheeler for a fantastic game winner, although I still believe it had a lot of puck luck.

In an OT game where you have the talent that both sides have, all it takes is one shot. Much like the near misses at the end of regualtion by the Sioux.

Clearly an Okposo, Bariball, Toews, Duncan, Oshie or Chorney can bury an open look. You never want to be in that position as an opponent.

Not a cheap shot! He ran a guy without the puck. That is not green colored glasses, that was cheap.

I give MN props for winning the game and am not blaming officials for the loss.

Gophers won yesterday, bu they are still the fourth winningest program in the conference in terms of national championships and the laughing stock of the Big Ten in football and hoops

I'm all about the Sioux pride, but during this past decade, I'd have to say that the Gophers can sure brag as well as anyone about their winning tradition in hockey. In my lifetime, the past 35 years, the Sioux won NCAA 5 times, 79/80, 80/81, 86/87, 96/97, and 99/00; Gohers won it in 73/74, 75/76, 78/79, 01/02, and 02/03. Even. (I don't have stats for earlier years, but don't really care to look back over the past century!) So don't try to make the Gopher's history appear to be lacking - they're not "better" than us, but the reverse is also ridiculous to claim!

(BTW, but what's your point in ridiculing Gopher football and basketball here? So what if "all they have is hockey?" I BLEED GREEN, but what else do we have to brag about here in ND in D1 sports? You just make yourself look small by posting things like that - it's like adding "and your Mom is fat" to your argument! I believe that the Gophers also won D1 NCAA wrestling this weekend, but this is a HOCKEY board, so who cares?)

The Duncan play let UND know for the first time in several years that the Gophers were going to hit back for a change. Vanelli's timing must have been a fraction off and he got there a moment too soon, the pass to Duncan is known as a 9-1-1 pass. Slow and behind him. Greene and company made a living of destroying forwards on similar plays, deal with it.

QUOTE(buckysieve @ Mar 18 2007, 12:12 PM)

QUOTE(yzerman19 @ Mar 18 2007, 11:20 AM)

Couple take aways from the X last night:

1. Gopher fans remain the most arrogant of all WCHA fans. The entitlement attitude is so sickening. The state of hockey? Please, one need only travel straight north about 7 or 8 hours and you'll see a state or province rather of hockey.

2. The officiating in this league is terrible and favors MN. We did not lose because of officiating, we lost because MN played a very frustrating defensive styled game last night and took us off ours. Lucia deserves props, he clearly studied how you beat the Sioux and executed his plan perfectly. It was just like Wisconsin, Tech, Anchorage and Maine did to us this year. He is an outstanding hockey coach.

3. Gopher fans are whiners. You'd think we were watching girls hockey or basketball given the way that they whine over every bit of contact. If you didn't want to get hit, you should've joined the band.

4. Gopher fans honestly do not see talent if it is not in maroon and gold. I actually heard someone say Toews "really isn't that good." Not that good? He is in the top five nationally in points per game, he lead Canada to a World Junior gold medal last year ( his second). Oh, and how old is he? He is still 18!!!!!

5. Gopher fans do not understand the difference between winning and kicking someone's a$$. 3-2 in OT on a miracle goal ( great hard work by Wheeler to get the shot off) in not an a$$ kicking. Wasn't it RE who said the harder he worked the luckier he got? Wheeler finally played like a first round pick this weekend. First time in his career imo.

6. The X is mariucci 2. The X is a great venue, but it is in the backyard of the rodent fans. You can see why the Gophs have had the success there. the stupid M-I-N-N-E... chant was as loud at the X as it ever is in Mpls. It sickens me.

Only a Sioux fan is dumb enough to whine about the refs favoring Minnesota and then follow it up by asserting that Gopher fans are whiners. God you're dumb.

you really are dumb....how sad to complain gopher fans when all you guys guys do it bitch ten times as bad(if not worse) than any gopher fan. whoever said toews is not talented doesnt know hockey obviously.....he is a GOOD player and he is definitley respected. as far as officiating goes, give me a break!! i dont think anyone should have called that game an a$$ kicking but to say that shot was a "miracle" is WAY off IMO. that shot took a hell of a lot of concentration and talent to get that much on it while laying out on the ice. a little lucky??? maybe, but miracle......i dont think so. about being in the gophers backyard.....boo hoo!!

p.s. saying that the rouser sickens you is pure bush league

You're dreaming on both accounts friend. Toews is GREAT as any hockey mind would tell you. Would you say that Okposo is 'good'? I doubt it. And, frankly, there was about as much 'talent' in Wheeler's winner as there is in an average Friday night at Augies. There was, however, a tremendous amount of effort.

The Duncan play let UND know for the first time in several years that the Gophers were going to hit back for a change. Vanelli's timing must have been a fraction off and he got there a moment too soon, the pass to Duncan is known as a 9-1-1 pass. Slow and behind him. Greene and company made a living of destroying forwards on similar plays, deal with it.

Nice to see Vanella choose a guy 5'6" to introduce the Gophers new tough style of play.

Nice to see Vanella choose a guy 5'6" to introduce the Gophers new tough style of play.

LOL - as a Hobey Baker finalist, do you think opponents give Duncan a "pass" because of his size? Nah, Duncan's a tough kid, who can dish it out, as well as take it! With his talent, if he doesn't EXPECT to be a target, he's dreaming! As a critical part of "the DOT line," if he can't take the hits, he'd better switch to the swim team, don't you think?

QUOTE(UNDhockey22 @ Mar 18 2007, 03:12 PM)

QUOTE(redwing77 @ Mar 18 2007, 02:34 PM)

buckysieve- Normally I don't respond to you because most of your posts are basically picking apart other posts only for statements that you find derisive so that you can find ways to be derisive right back (I think the dictionary calls that "petty"). Anyways, Gopher fans don't like physical games, which is because the Gophers generally don't. In any case, it only stands to reason that a big hit by a non-Gopher player on a Gopher player would result in boos and "That should be called." The only thing that was wrong in the post you quoted was the implication that all Gopher fans are whiners. They aren't. A lot are. Just like there are a lot of arrogant ones who can't see quality in other hockey programs unless they are forced to (like when the Gophers are thoroughly trounced). The Sioux lost last night on a fluke goal scored by a player who finally showed the talent that Gretzky saw in him. It only took the better part of 2 seasons at the U to show up. Good for him.

nicknack- I think you got that mixed up. Irman's jersey pop was called "classlessness" on the part of him. I'm much more inclined to dismiss Wheeler's jersey pop because of the circumstances and the location in which he did it. You don't go to someone else's place and act in a manner that isn't sportsmanlike. It would be like going over to your boss' house for dinner and bragging about how much better you can cook than the boss can. It just isn't something you do. Wheeler's jersey pop, though I don't like it, was done in front of a buch of Gopher fans near the boards as he went to the boards to acknowledge those fans. It wasn't at center ice or in the middle of the ice. And it wasn't a very big jersey pop. I don't like it but I won't make it a big deal. Irman's jersey pop was classless. PERIOD.

The goal was scored last night because Brian Lee did not give 100% effort on the play. Give anything less than 100% against a player like Blake Wheeler and things like this are bound to happen. It is no different than the goal scored the 1980 Olympics against the Soviets. A routine dump in, everyone feels the play is over, and the next thing you know, the pucks in the net.

So THAT is why Wheeler was able to just skate in and score!

I must have watched the wrong replay. Which was the one where Wheeler shot the puck in the only spot the puck could have gone in the net (the rest was covered by Lammy) while basically flying through the air? Was it the first goal?

If Lee got beat, then I HIGHLY doubt Wheeler would have had to whack it at the net. He would have simply skated in and did some nifty move and beaten Lammy.

Wheeler takes that shot 10 times from that angle with those circumstances and he misses them 9 times. He got lucky. And Lee wasn't a part of it.

But it is a good example of forgetting how Lee got into that position. But then again, criticizing Chorney for an ill timed drop pass is hardly worthwhile because he's the golden child while Lee is the whipping boy.

Please. Rewatch the WHOLE play. Chorney is just as culpable as Lee is but I only see ONE poster commenting on that.

It's a fluke goal even Wheeler aparently thought of as a fluke. But blame Lee if it makes you feel better. You're wrong, but sometimes, I guess, being wrong makes you feel better.

<Disclaimer> Not sure why I can't use the 'quote' function so bear with me...

Redwing, I agree but only to a certain degree. Chorney is/was as responsible for the game winner as Lee but you must admit Lee, and Finley for that matter both had terrible games. I've never seen two defensemen move the puck up the middle as much as they did and especially in situations where a simple chip out of the zone would have been much smarter.

What I observed, or more accurately "think I observed", is that both coaching staffs decided not to make the adjustments to what each team was doing. Heck, Minnesota saw what we were doing on the PK and could have changed their attack in response. They didn't. Same thing on our breakouts and neutral zone; we didn't really change what we were doing.

Interested in what other people saw. Or what they think they saw. ;)

I think MN did alter its PP early in the game. MN needs its d-men to run the PP and UND did a nice job of pressuring the points and forcing the puck low where MN is not nearly as comfortable. To counter MN snuck a guy into the high slot which forced UND to sag back some from the MN points. Didn't result in any goals but did allow MN to control the puck more while on the PP. That's what I think I saw. :blush:

Duncan is tough, and he went after Vanelli as soon as he regained his skates. I love a good hard, clean check. When you are standing still and the puck is away from you, that is not good or clean. The check could've bordered on charging as well. I am quite aware of the 911 pass, I got leveled a few times myself. But you take those lumps when it is clean. That was not.

I wouldn't care so much if Vanelli and the rest of the Goofs hadn't run to the bench. If you are going to cheap shot Duncan, then you need to be prepared to back it up. Now neither team can afford to lose a player for the Regionals, but if you do that, you need to be prepared to take the consequences on the ice.

I look forward to that check and the ensuing team unity being the motivation behind UND's next four wins!!!!

LOL - as a Hobey Baker finalist, do you think opponents give Duncan a "pass" because of his size? Nah, Duncan's a tough kid, who can dish it out, as well as take it! With his talent, if he doesn't EXPECT to be a target, he's dreaming! As a critical part of "the DOT line," if he can't take the hits, he'd better switch to the swim team, don't you think?

Don't see in my post where I said that Duncan can't take a hit or expect to get hit. Also, I would never question his toughness. The hit was not clean, hence the reason for the penalty. As a critical part of the DOT line, he shouldn't expect to be run while not seeing was coming, don't you think?

Duncan is tough, and he went after Vanelli as soon as he regained his skates. I love a good hard, clean check. When you are standing still and the puck is away from you, that is not good or clean. The check could've bordered on charging as well. I am quite aware of the 911 pass, I got leveled a few times myself. But you take those lumps when it is clean. That was not.

I wouldn't care so much if Vanelli and the rest of the Goofs hadn't run to the bench. If you are going to cheap shot Duncan, then you need to be prepared to back it up. Now neither team can afford to lose a player for the Regionals, but if you do that, you need to be prepared to take the consequences on the ice.

I look forward to that check and the ensuing team unity being the motivation behind UND's next four wins!!!!

Let me get this straight, Vanelli, 6'2", 189# hit Duncan, 5'6", 158#, and then "ran to the bench" in fear? How, in God's name, did Vanelli EVER overcome the fear to return to the ice? LOL!

You know, enough is enough, especially in whining!!! yzerman19, what is your problem? One whining post after another, "the refs screwed us," "the Gopher fans were rude," "my Mom didn't breast feed me" ..... Do you want some cheese with that whine? You EMBARASS the rest of Sioux's legendary loyal fans with this! Grow a set, and add something meaningful to the discussion!

We LOST, get over it! We live to fight another day, and we'll hopefully BE the better team when next we meet - last night, we were NOT, plain and simple. We didn't lose to the zebras, we didn't lose because we played in St. Paul, we lost because we got outplayed, by one of best teams in the country, and took the Gophers for granted, in part because of the hype about how unbeatable we had become!

Don't see in my post where I said that Duncan can't take a hit or expect to get hit. Also, I would never question his toughness. The hit was not clean, hence the reason for the penalty. As a critical part of the DOT line, he shouldn't expect to be run while not seeing was coming, don't you think?

It wouldn't have been a cheap shot had the puck arrived a split second sooner or Vanelli a split second later. Duncan was put into a bad spot by the soft/slow pass and defensemen have been making that hit for as long as there has been hockey. The Sioux aren't the only team in hockey allowed to hit. There was no elbow or crosscheck.

I had a LOT, and I mean a lot, of Gopher fans harassing me about getting our asses handed to us when I was walking down 7th to meet up with friends last night. And I like a little razzing and can take it all pretty well (just ask WPoS), but the fans I was running into were downright beligerent. Granted, the flow of St. Patty's Day booze probably had a lot to do with it all, but I just kept thinking that Gopher fans have a short memory of the series that took place in Marriuci a month ago.

But the Gopher fans behind me made many remarks about the talent of some of the Sioux players, even if they did tell me to sit down every time I stood up to cheer for my team. ;)

The majority of Gopher fans are ok in my opinion but there were a lot of in your face beligerant fans this year, the worst by far of any year I can remember.

Maybe it was St. Patty's day or what but rude doesn't go far enough to explain it. They like to corner you in the John as well. I basically had to tell some Jack @$$ to get out of my way so I could leave the bathroom and go back and watch the game.

How is my last post whining? In numerous threads here I have posted props to Lucia and to the Gophers. I also quite clearly state on one post that I don't blame the refs for the loss. I did think that the calls should've been even out of the ruckus. EMBARASS you. Please. I hate the Gophers. I hate their fans. I went to school at MN and have lived in the twin cities for over a decade. I have to deal with them all of the time. It is not easy to deal with the tremendous amount of ignorance, arrogance and homerness. I am posting to try and get over the loss.

I was at the game yesterday and had the great joy of being heckled down West 7th by fans referring to the game as an a$$ kicking. I am posting not to enlighten anyone, but to try and work through my severe disappointment in losing to the team that I despise more than all others.

If you are looking for enlightenment, I would clearly state, as I did previously, that the Gopher game plan was a perfect way to shut down the top Sioux line and we were unable to mount any kind of successful attack with lines 2-4. The tight checking game seemed to surprise the Sioux, and we were unable to cycle the puck or have any success on the attack or along the boards. I do think that the frequent early penalty calls moved us off our game and the 2-4 lines did not play the aggressive style that we are used to seeing.

Just a general question to the members of this board.

I've been a "lerker" here for the past couple of years, and just decided to register today, after attending my first WCHA Final Five tourney, and being so filled with pride about the Sioux, that I felt compelled to register, and post here, in preparation for a run at the national NCAA title. And during this time, I've never seen a thread ramble on with excuses like this 27 page thread contains (although I've only had time to really read the last half!)

I come here to learn more about, and chat about, the team, its roster, and its games, since I no longer live in the area, and can't get local news about them. But all I read here now is Gopher-hating, complaints about their players, their fans, "their refs," and the like. Is this just because we lost to them in particular (since losses to other teams earlier in the year didn't result in this type of thread, nor when we swept them at Mariuchi!)? Maybe today's posts aren't representative, since only a select few have whined on endlessly; I certainly hope so!

Where is the discussion about the team's good, hard play, their PP, their defense, and how they can improve to win in St. Louis this year? If there's nothing else to post, the URL needs to changed from "siouxsports.com" to "poorloserwhining.com." Let's please get back to what makes us proud to post here - the love of Sioux hockey, and what makes us great!

GO SIOUX!!!

How is my last post whining? In numerous threads here I have posted props to Lucia and to the Gophers. I also quite clearly state on one post that I don't blame the refs for the loss. I did think that the calls should've been even out of the ruckus. EMBARASS you. Please. I hate the Gophers. I hate their fans. I went to school at MN and have lived in the twin cities for over a decade. I have to deal with them all of the time. It is not easy to deal with the tremendous amount of ignorance, arrogance and homerness. I am posting to try and get over the loss.

I was at the game yesterday and had the great joy of being heckled down West 7th by fans referring to the game as an a$$ kicking. I am posting not to enlighten anyone, but to try and work through my severe disappointment in losing to the team that I despise more than all others.

If you are looking for enlightenment, I would clearly state, as I did previously, that the Gopher game plan was a perfect way to shut down the top Sioux line and we were unable to mount any kind of successful attack with lines 2-4. The tight checking game seemed to surprise the Sioux, and we were unable to cycle the puck or have any success on the attack or along the boards. I do think that the frequent early penalty calls moved us off our game and the 2-4 lines did not play the aggressive style that we are used to seeing.

Wow, and you're an alum of UM? Undergrad AND professional? What the hell happened to you there?;)? I've been around awhile, and I've NEVER met a Sioux-alum who hated UND that badly!

With all your out-of-control hate, and "having to deal with them all of the time," you need MUCH more than a message board, you need professional help. And for your own sanity, PLEASE move out of the hated Twin Cities, as you will NEVER be happy there. You wanna experience continuous arrogance about college sports? Try living here in Columbus, OH!

I have to admit from walking the streets last night there were some real "D-Bag" Gopher fans out there. I was walking behind some Sioux fans on the way back to my car and a couple Gopher fans just totally got up in their face and started swearing at them, telling them to go back home and whatnot. I told the Gopher fans to "F-off" and go drink some more and apologized to the Sioux fans which I then talked to for a while. Wish people would realize it's just a game and leave it at the rink. Have to admit I have encountered a fair share of "unfriendly" Sioux fans in my day but NONE this weekend. The guys that sat in front of us last night were very friendly, had some friendy trash-talking going back and forth but nothing serious.

Good game last night though, I hate to have to play you guys next weekend if it comes down to it though....but I guess we have to make it through Air Force first.

I come here to learn more about, and chat about, the team, its roster, and its games, since I no longer live in the area, and can't get local news about them. But all I read here now is Gopher-hating, complaints about their players, their fans, "their refs," and the like. Is this just because we lost to them in particular (since losses to other teams earlier in the year didn't result in this type of thread, nor when we swept them at Mariuchi!)? Maybe today's posts aren't representative, since only a select few have whined on endlessly; I certainly hope so!

GO SIOUX!!!

Seriously, if you were in the arena this year for the final five you would see what some are talking about. The Gophers fans booed a 9 year old on that was interviewed on the big screen; the kids percieved crime was that he happened to be wearing a Sioux jersey. That has to be the pinacle of class in my book I hated the Gophers before this weekend so I think there is some merit to the Sioux fans complaining about the rear ends that chear for Minnesota. That being said we came to the game with Gopher fans and they too thought there was a lot of drunk, rude Gopher Rubes at the games this weekend. My buddy is also married to a gopher fan.

If I was a Minnesota fan I would be concerned, the Sioux players dogged it all game and almost won the game in the final seconds. The Sioux gave the Gophers numerous chances by taking numerous stupid, knuckle headed, selfish retarded penalties and the Gophers failed to put them away and defensively the Sioux held them off. If the Sioux would have shut their mouths and played hockey UND could have burried them. I was disapointed in the effort given on the ice all night, I couldn't believe it was the same team that has just pounded the Huskies just hours before.

I don't know why both progams known for the free flowing style of play would come out and play this type of game. The game looked like a replay of the MTU and Wisconsin game, yuck. I'd would have rather watched the Wild play last night.

Edited by Goon

Just a general question to the members of this board.

I've been a "lerker" here for the past couple of years, and just decided to register today, after attending my first WCHA Final Five tourney, and being so filled with pride about the Sioux, that I felt compelled to register, and post here, in preparation for a run at the national NCAA title. And during this time, I've never seen a thread ramble on with excuses like this 27 page thread contains (although I've only had time to really read the last half!)

Where is the discussion about the team's good, hard play, their PP, their defense, and how they can improve to win in St. Louis this year? If there's nothing else to post, the URL needs to changed from "siouxsports.com" to "poorloserwhining.com." Let's please get back to what makes us proud to post here - the love of Sioux hockey, and what makes us great!

GO SIOUX!!!

Welcome to the board Sioux Addict. I hope you stay around but you're gonna need some thick skin.

I have similar beliefs/feelings as you and from time to time have tryed to express those but have never had anyone back me and have only been shot down as not a real Sioux fan. Understand something - - it is group think here - you must hate anything to do with the Gophers; fans, players, ex-players, coaches, announcers - - you must be convinced there is a conspiracy against our Sioux by the NCAA, the WCHA, the referees, and others. I know there are a lot of us out there who don't believe this, but very few who voice this opinion on this site.

In my opinion, we are on the cusp of acting just like SCSU or Duluth who are infatuated with the Gophers and their whole season revolves around the goings on with them.

My God - - I thought it was a great game last night and remember thinking at the end of the third period that it would be sad that anyone had to lose this game. I wasn't happy we lost, but I didn't think we played as badly as most want to say. I thought the effort was there. Is it possible Minnesota just outplayed us last night ? NO, it was because of bad calls, luck, etc. Damn - we sure look stupid sometimes with what is said on this site and we think the Gopher fans are arrogant and lacking hockey knowledge.

Seriously, if you were in the arena this year for the final five you would see what some are talking about. The Gophers fans booed a 9 year old on that was interviewed on the big screen; the kids percieved crime was that he happened to be wearing a Sioux jersey. That has to be the pinacle of class in my book I hated the Gophers before this weekend so I think there is some merit to the Sioux fans complaining about the rear ends that chear for Minnesota. That being said we came to the game with Gopher fans and they too thought there was a lot of drunk, rude Gopher Rubes at the games this weekend. My buddy is also married to a gopher fan.

If I was a Minnesota fan I would be concerned, the Sioux players dogged it all game and almost won the game in the final seconds. The Sioux gave the Gophers numerous chances by taking numerous stupid, knuckle headed, selfish retarded penalties and the Gophers failed to put them away and defensively the Sioux held them off. If the Sioux would have shut their mouths and played hockey UND could have burried them. I was disapointed in the effort given on the ice all night, I couldn't believe it was the same team that has just pounded the Huskies just hours before.

I don't know why both progams known for the free flowing style of play would come out and play this type of game. The game looked like a replay of the MTU and Wisconsin game, yuck. I'd would have rather watched the Wild play last night.

Well, I WAS at the X, for all 5 games! And yes, I saw alot of sloppy drunks, and more wearing maroon/gold than green, but there were plenty of abusive loud-mouths on EACH side of the cheering aisle. And WTF was with the Sioux fans wearing the Holy Cross jerseys? What're they, nine years old? I was actually only embarassed that the same people, holding up letter cards ended up spelling "H-O-L-Y-C-O-R-S-S." If you're gonna dis the opponents, at least make sure you're not too drunk to SPELL! (Inside, I did enjoy the joke, tho!)

The "booing" for the 9-year old was a repeated thing during the tourney, where the announcer would have one rep of each team, and EVERYONE booed for their opposing representative, including the Sioux fans! It was part of the fun and festivity! If you REALLY thought this was mean-spirited booing of a child, then you're totally bereft of any sense of humor. Get real!

You seriously think "the Sioux players dogged it all game?" "MTU and Wisconsin?" What color is the sky in your world? The Sioux played a damned fine game, and except for some dumb penalties, made VERY few mistakes! This was a hard-hitting, fast paced game, between 2 legendary rivals, with 2 VERY good teams!

Admittedly, the Gophs had to play their best (except for the 0-for-8 PP, that is!) to beat the Sioux, but DO NOT compare this weekend's Gopher team to the one playing when we swept them at Mariuchi - during the couple of months after Christmas, EVERY team was able to beat them, but they seem to have found the grit they had during the early season, and I think they can play with anyone right now. And the Sioux have gotten guys back from injury, and gotten someone besides the DOT line to play hard and score. The finals at Denver should be a VERY good game, between, arguably, the 2 best teams in college hockey!

GO SIOUX!!!!!