SiouxSports.com Forum

DU in or out?

Godsmack

Anyone have an opinion on whether or not DU gets an invitation into the NCAA tourney? My inclination is that they will "squeak" in simply because of revenue considerations (west regional is at the Pepsi Center in Denver). But I'm also inclined to think that the WCHA will only get 4 teams into the tourney (Minn, St.Cloud, the SIOUX, and CC/Tech). Thoughts?

Anyone have an opinion on whether or not DU gets an invitation into the NCAA tourney? My inclination is that they will "squeak" in simply because of revenue considerations (west regional is at the Pepsi Center in Denver). But I'm also inclined to think that the WCHA will only get 4 teams into the tourney (Minn, St.Cloud, the SIOUX, and CC/Tech). Thoughts?

Have to wait to see how CC does tonight, and if they win tonight, next weekend. If CC loses tonight, I think DU will squeeze in.

I gotta believe that NCAA is really hoping for a good performance by CC. That will still give them a local team that they can try to manipulate into Denver.

I think the NCAA has followed the PWR exactly, so if DU is lower than others, they are out.

I gotta believe that NCAA is really hoping for a good performance by CC. That will still give them a local team that they can try to manipulate into Denver.

I think the NCAA has followed the PWR exactly, so if DU is lower than others, they are out.

My fear is DU resting during next week's Final 5, getting into the NCAA tourney out west, and then going all the way again as they did in '04 (a dreadful experience for me at the World Arena). Of all teams I DISLIKE, DU has surpassed the Gophers.

My fear is DU resting during next week's Final 5, getting into the NCAA tourney out west, and then going all the way again as they did in '04 (a dreadful experience for me at the World Arena). Of all teams I DISLIKE, DU has surpassed the Gophers.

I don't think they've surpassed the Gophers for me, but they're not far behind! I'm hoping they're out!

No chance for the Pioneers to win the whole thing. There is a better chance that Gwoz goes on national TV without eye-liner. They may squeeze in depending on how the rest of the WCHA teams fair down the stretch.

"Tim Hardaway hates George Gwozdecky" - Anonymous