SiouxSports.com Forum

Rest of the way ?

Fetch

A. Will Lammy stand on his head ?

B. Team D will save us ?

C. Offense will shine ?

D. All of the above ?

Have we played our best Hockey ?

I'm still mad I did not get to see the Friday game at st clown - sounded like it was a good one

To use a NFL Superbowl analogy - Usually the best game of the year is not the last (But during the season or playoffs)

& who is going to surprise everyone ? - I say Lee Finley Chorney & Bina are going to score more pts than any of us could of imagined

A. Will Lammy stand on his head ?

I hope he does when he needs to, but I also hope that he doesn't have to all that much.

B. Team D will save us ?

Vaht? :D

C. Offense will shine ?

If it's like the past two years under Hakstol, the answer is "yes."

D. All of the above ?

Maybe. ;)

Have we played our best Hockey ?

Hak said on Wednesday that the team hasn't peaked yet. I hope he's right.

as In blocking shots / penalty kill (I think we have been pretty good there)

Now I get it. I thought we might need help from Denver or Dartmouth to make the NCAA tourney. :D;)

But to answer your question, the Sioux aren't going to win a national championship without good team defense the rest of the way. That's what did them in against BC at the Frozen Four last year. Going into that game, if someone would have told me the Sioux would score five goals in it, I would have bet on them winning.

& who is going to surprise everyone ? - I say Lee Finley Chorney & Bina are going to score more pts than any of us could of imagined

Actually, I can imagine Chorney, Lee and Bina putting up some good numbers offensively. They've been doing very well that department lately.

I agree that Finley could be a surprise. He's shown more and more offensively as the season's progressed. He could be to the Sioux in the playoffs this season what Mike Commdore was to them in 2000. The players I'd most like to be surprised by are VandeValde and Zajac. It'd be great to see them chipping in goals and taking some pressure off the DOT line.

I'm not a big stat watcher - but when Vandy just got his first I was surprised - He is supposed to be a scorer - I do think he has worked extremely hard in games & has became a better wcha player, as the year went on (skating at least)

Vande has kinda had a pass on criticism

I think I'm going to watch Sioux hockey the rest of the day. I'm going to start out with the 1980 Championship game. I love the postseason. :D

and the home of the SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUXXXXX!

I'm not a big stat watcher - but when Vandy just got his first I was surprised - He is supposed to be a scorer - I do think he has worked extremely hard in games & has became a better wcha player, as the year went on (skating at least)

Vande has kinda had a pass on criticism

If VV is still on the 2nd line with Porter, I am predicting many more goals before the season is over as they compliment each other well.

But to answer your question, the Sioux aren't going to win a national championship without good team defense the rest of the way. That's what did them in against BC at the Frozen Four last year.

That and shots that went top shelf glove side. wall.gif

Are they collecting dust like your 'mom jeans'?

I'm wearing the Mom Jeans.......the 9 inch zipper looks hot. Capri length today, it's feeling mighty springy out. I might even sport the applicae vest....it's got the geometric logos all over it, very classy and shows my Sioux pride at the same time.

I'm wearing the Mom Jeans.......the 9 inch zipper looks hot. Capri length today, it's feeling mighty springy out. I might even sport the applicae vest....it's got the geometric logos all over it, very classy and shows my Sioux pride at the same time.

quagmire.jpg

Giggity! That's hot!

I an happy to say that I was there in person to witness Vande Velde's first goal as a Fighting Sioux! Apparently not many other Sioux Fans realized it because my siter and I are about the only ones that gave him the extended ovation for scoring the goal. We have a lucky cheer that we say when we need him to do something good. We tried teaching some fans our cheer in St. Cloud but it didn't catch on. But we'll keep doing it.

Finley had a shot on goal in St. Cloud- he may pull a Rylan Kiap and score twice in the same period at the Xcel. (first and second goals within minutes of each other)

I am hoping the see lots of action from Zajac and Bina as well. But it would be great to see Porter get a short handed goal.

GO SIOUX!!! Go Seawolves!

I an happy to say that I was there in person to witness Vande Velde's first goal as a Fighting Sioux! Apparently not many other Sioux Fans realized it because my siter and I are about the only ones that gave him the extended ovation for scoring the goal. We have a lucky cheer that we say when we need him to do something good. We tried teaching some fans our cheer in St. Cloud but it didn't catch on. But we'll keep doing it.

Finley had a shot on goal in St. Cloud- he may pull a Rylan Kiap and score twice in the same period at the Xcel. (first and second goals within minutes of each other)

I am hoping the see lots of action from Zajac and Bina as well. But it would be great to see Porter get a short handed goal.

Vande Velde has been improving weekly. Very suprised it took as long as it did for his first goal. I think there is still much room for improvement, but you can definitely see that he will be a solid hockey player for our squad in the future!

Finley has only one goal... a Game Winning goal vs. CC. He's going to be a sniper. One only hopes he's as good of a sniper as the best sniper of all time: Matt Greene :).

As for Lee, Bina, and Chorney on offense: Yeah, I think Chorney and Bina will contribute nicely. Lee has done VERY well this year offensively, but I still think he could shoot more. He has a very good wrist shot but he's always in a pass first, shoot last mentality to me.

But Finley and Lee doing well would be AWESOME because it would help spread out the production (not to mention drive the "haters" nuts...that is if they even noticed them doing well :rolleyes:). He's already solid on the powerplay.

Finley has only one goal... a Game Winning goal vs. CC. He's going to be a sniper. One only hopes he's as good of a sniper as the best sniper of all time: Matt Greene :0.

As for Lee, Bina, and Chorney on offense: Yeah, I think Chorney and Bina will contribute nicely. Lee has done VERY well this year offensively, but I still think he could shoot more. He has a very good wrist shot but he's always in a pass first, shoot last mentality to me.

But Finley and Lee doing well would be AWESOME because it would help spread out the production (not to mention drive the "haters" nuts...that is if they even noticed them doing well :rolleyes:). He's already solid on the powerplay.

First off, I witnessed his goal first-hand and it was a very nice shot.

But to say that Finley is going to be a "Sniper"? (laughter) Don't think I will ever use that word to describe Finley. "Intimidating" defensman is what Joe Finley needs to be if he is going to make it!

Sniper?:)???

But to say that Finley is going to be a "Sniper"? (laughter) Don't think I will ever use that word to describe Finley. "Intimidating" defensman is what Joe Finley needs to be if he is going to make it!

Sniper?:)???

You're obviously not familiar with Andy Schneider's description of Matt Greene after UND beat Minnesota in the third place game of the 2005 Final Five. Schneider called Greene a "natural born sniper" after Greene scored the game-winning goal in that game.