SiouxSports.com Forum

2007-08 Schedule

Big A HG

Posting them here would be nice... ;)

I know it would - but I must be somewhat carefull though as the guy I got the info from is afraid (and probably for good reason) that if too much leaks out - he and his source(s) could be in trouble and their privileges would be revoked. I probably should not have said anything.

I know it would - but I must be somewhat carefull though as the guy I got the info from is afraid (and probably for good reason) that if too much leaks out - he and his source(s) could be in trouble and their privileges would be revoked. I probably should not have said anything.

I understand. And certainly wouldn't want that. BTW, do you have any idea when the schedule would be released?

I have a question, is there any word if we have a Minnesota series up here this year?

100% We Do

The series as I understand it goes something like this:

1st year- 2 @ Minnesota

2nd year- 2 @ Minnesota, 2 @ UND

3rd Year- 2 @ UND

4th Year- 2 @ Minnesota, 2 @ UND

So, 3 out of 4 years we will have a series up here, this was just the odd-ball year for us.

100% We Do

The series as I understand it goes something like this:

1st year- 2 @ Minnesota

2nd year- 2 @ Minnesota, 2 @ UND

3rd Year- 2 @ UND

4th Year- 2 @ Minnesota, 2 @ UND

So, 3 out of 4 years we will have a series up here, this was just the odd-ball year for us.

Great to hear, thanks.

I have some info I could possibly share - what series are you looking at?

There are 28 league games, that leaves 6 other "counter" games that can be scheduled for next year since we don't go to Alaska.

I am pretty sure on:

(2) at home with Bemidji

(1) at BC, (1) at Northeastern.

My guess on the other 2 would be New Hampshire at REA. Can you confirm if this is true ?

Also, are there any exempt games we are involved with such as Hall of Fame game, Alaska tourney, Ice Breaker ? I thought I saw a post somewhere that we were going be in a tourney in Alaska. In the recent past we seem to schedule some exempt games to make up for the AA road series.

Finally, I assume we will play Manitoba and possible the US under 18 team in exhibitions.

If you feel you can''t divulge anything I understand.

There are 28 league games, that leaves 6 other "counter" games that can be scheduled for next year since we don't go to Alaska.

I am pretty sure on:

(2) at home with Bemidji

(1) at BC, (1) at Northeastern.

My guess on the other 2 would be New Hampshire at REA. Can you confirm if this is true ?

Also, are there any exempt games we are involved with such as Hall of Fame game, Alaska tourney, Ice Breaker ? I thought I saw a post somewhere that we were going be in a tourney in Alaska. In the recent past we seem to schedule some exempt games to make up for the AA road series.

Finally, I assume we will play Manitoba and possible the US under 18 team in exhibitions.

If you feel you can''t divulge anything I understand.

I have read that New Hampshire is coming to the Ralph over Christmas Break next season.

As far as the Alaska tourney, they usually get 1 other WCHA team to play in that, and since North Dakota is not making the trip up there next year for WCHA play, it is widely rumored that they will be the "other" WCHA team in that tournament.

From the article on USCHO "Wait till Next Year" on the 2007-2008 schedule...

"For the first time in its history, UNH will play at the crown jewel of college hockey, the Ralph Engelstad Arena. On December 29 and 30, the Wildcats play North Dakota in a meeting of two perennial powers."

And for 2008-2009...

"Another exciting tidbit is that North Dakota is expected to play at the Great Lakes Invitational."

"For the first time in its history, UNH will play at the crown jewel of college hockey, the Ralph Engelstad Arena. On December 29 and 30, the Wildcats play North Dakota in a meeting of two perennial powers."

And for 2008-2009...

"Another exciting tidbit is that North Dakota is expected to play at the Great Lakes Invitational."

sweet if these happen, play top teams through the year!! love it.....

And for 2008-2009...

Dec 29/30 is a terrible time to play a big series due to the WJT. Toews will be at the WJT again and will miss the series. :silly:

Right now I don't think there is anyone on the current roster that would play in the WJT (with the exception of Toews who is 99.99% gone after this season). Any incoming recruits that might make the WJ team ?

Dec 29/30 is a terrible time to play a big series due to the WJT. Toews will be at the WJT again and will miss the series. :silly:

Right now I don't think there is anyone on the current roster that would play in the WJT (with the exception of Toews who is 99.99% gone after this season). Any incoming recruits that might make the WJ team ?

you are wrong, TOEWS is 100% gone :lol:

And for 2008-2009...

As I have season tickets to College Hockey at the Joe, this would indeed be an awesome!!!!! Providence is the invited team for 2007.

I wonder if aquiring road win RPI bonus points goes into the scheduling strategy? This year we only had 2 chances for those points (Dartmouth/BSU). Minnesota has a nice situation getting Mich/MSU on the road every other year. Neutral site tournaments really don't help us re: bonus points. Where would our bonus points opportunities be next year?

This is a little bit defendant on who actually comes next year. Here would be my leading candidates.

1) A healthy Michael Forney

2) Brad Malone

3) Brett Bruneteau (may be 2008)

4) I agree Toews, will and probably should go pro, but there are some reasons why staying another year may interest him. I don't think his leaving is 100%, but it is close.