SiouxSports.com Forum

SCSU National Hockey Center

airmail

I have one extra ticket available for Friday night, March 2nd. It is Section 202, Row 3. The seats are on the end where the Sioux shoot twice. Will let it go for $25. It cost me $31.50 with the Ticketmaster handling fee. Available to a Sioux fan only.

The ticket is sold.

Could you explain a little more where this good area is? Is it up above the rink or down on the ground?

The area where we always stood was right against the glass above the net that the Sioux shoot on twice (if I remember correctly). You can also stand above the seats, but I don't think those would have been as much fun.

Don't know if they're having it this year, but the alumni party was always fun to attend too. Can't remember the name of the place, but I'm sure Dagies remembers. I just remember the waitresses (and saying to my brother, "Those aren't buoys!") and winning a "Sioux Across the Nation" t-shirt with the organizer saying to me and my group, "Those guys have been here all day!" :ohmy:

We went the last two years and have tickets for Friday's game this year.

We go to a bar called "Johnny's" I think - it is right downtown by the police station if that helps. They have a good food and a shuttle to the games. Last year - we only had tickets for Fridays game but decided to come back on Saturday and see if anybody had any for sale. I mentioned this to a patron and the next thing that happned is the waitress came over to us with two free tickets. As it turns out the bar purchases some for each game and hands them out as they see fit. And we were even in our hosite and abusive kelly green jerseys.

youre thinking of howies;)

The area where we always stood was right against the glass above the net that the Sioux shoot on twice (if I remember correctly). You can also stand above the seats, but I don't think those would have been as much fun.

Don't know if they're having it this year, but the alumni party was always fun to attend too. Can't remember the name of the place, but I'm sure Dagies remembers. I just remember the waitresses (and saying to my brother, "Those aren't buoys!") and winning a "Sioux Across the Nation" t-shirt with the organizer saying to me and my group, "Those guys have been here all day!" :ohmy:

DB Searles, correct?

Don't know if they're having it this year, but the alumni party was always fun to attend too. Can't remember the name of the place, but I'm sure Dagies remembers. I just remember the waitresses (and saying to my brother, "Those aren't buoys!") and winning a "Sioux Across the Nation" t-shirt with the organizer saying to me and my group, "Those guys have been here all day!" :lol:

Thanks ! :p Should be fun!

Could you explain a little more where this good area is? Is it up above the rink or down on the ground?

The area by the glass that is being mentioned is right when you walk into the arena via the 2 main entries. As you walk around the rink there are places against a wall (for the upper section) that you can stand against. I've stood there before and have never had a problem seeing the game.

Parking at the arena is free (or at least last time I actually drove there it was). There are a few hotels in the downtown area that work well if you want to partake in the bars before and after the game, many offering free rides to the game.

The area by the glass that is being mentioned is right when you walk into the arena via the 2 main entries. As you walk around the rink there are places against a wall (for the upper section) that you can stand against. I've stood there before and have never had a problem seeing the game.

Parking at the arena is free (or at least last time I actually drove there it was). There are a few hotels in the downtown area that work well if you want to partake in the bars before and after the game, many offering free rides to the game.

Thanks for the info. This will be my first away game besides the Bemidji game, so I'm pretty excited about it and hope that I will be able to see good with the SRO tickets. So this info helps. Thanks! :lol:

Thanks for the info. This will be my first away game besides the Bemidji game, so I'm pretty excited about it and hope that I will be able to see good with the SRO tickets. So this info helps. Thanks! :p

If you want to stand on the end where the glass is, I'd suggest you get there a bit early (well, same with any standroom ticket really). Hope you enjoy the game, St Cloud can be a pretty fun town post-game. :lol: