SiouxSports.com Forum

AP "story" about name changes

JESUS,family,rutgers

Sorry about that dagies--I Hate Computers!

If anyone wants to "read" it, go to www.rutgersfan.com then click on the Rutgers Football message board and then "AP: NCAA Executive Committee takes on Rutgers, Miami." I'm going back to only sending messages by pigeon!

Sorry about that dagies--I Hate Computers!

If anyone wants to "read" it, go to www.rutgersfan.com then click on the Rutgers Football message board and then "AP: NCAA Executive Committee takes on Rutgers, Miami." I'm going back to only sending messages by pigeon!

Don't worry about it! ;)

Try this.

First, I find this to be very funny hell ILMAO from read this garbage. Second, leave to the NCAA to screw things up hell they wouldn't even know the truth even if they were standing in a fresh pile of it. Last, UND put the screws to the NCAA big time & I really do mean that.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973.

Ok, somewhat of a tangent, but I am reading a book called "Speak" by Laurie Halse Anderson for my grad school class. The actual storyline isn't important to this post, but a minor event in the book surrounds the High School's athletic nickname.

They start out as the Merriweather High School Trojans but end up changing the name because the community felt it promoted...you guessed it... an unsavory corporation that encourages sex.... Trojan condoms. They then change their name to the Tigers, where the Endangered Species Club at the High School protests enough to get the School Board to again change the nickname. They became the Wombats because no one is offended by a Wombat, most don't know what one is, and no one could prove they were endangered. :glare:

Ok, somewhat of a tangent, but I am reading a book called "Speak" by Laurie Halse Anderson for my grad school class. The actual storyline isn't important to this post, but a minor event in the book surrounds the High School's athletic nickname.

They start out as the Merriweather High School Trojans but end up changing the name because the community felt it promoted...you guessed it... an unsavory corporation that encourages sex.... Trojan condoms. They then change their name to the Tigers, where the Endangered Species Club at the High School protests enough to get the School Board to again change the nickname. They became the Wombats because no one is offended by a Wombat, most don't know what one is, and no one could prove they were endangered. ???

About the same scenario as the story behind the Devils Lake Satans. Had to change the name because they thought Satans was associated with devil worshiping...whatever. The student body was assigned to come up with 3 replacement names to vote on. I think those were Thunder, Blaze and Firebirds. The students voted for Blaze. They then had to vote again because the schoolboard heard that Blaze is slang for marijuana. Therefore...Firebirds. :glare: Is everybody happy now? I doubt it.

GO SATANS!!

About the same scenario as the story behind the Devils Lake Satans. Had to change the name because they thought Satans was associated with devil worshiping...whatever. The student body was assigned to come up with 3 replacement names to vote on. I think those were Thunder, Blaze and Firebirds. The students voted for Blaze. They then had to vote again because the schoolboard heard that Blaze is slang for marijuana.

Shouldn't Dean Blais have to change his name, too? :glare:???