SiouxSports.com Forum

Wisconsin Decision

Matt

As a poly sci major, I know it's not in the best interest of the college to generate a lot of negative publicity.

I should have majored in political science. Possessing the ability to read the collective mind of the American public must be pretty cool. ???

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm well aware that it is used with "private" money. However, how many people are diverting money to the lawsuit that otherwise would have gone to other university funds?

Nope, wrong again, old prehistoric thinking one. Money ear-marked for specific donations went to said designated organizations. Money that went to the lawsuit fund was diverted from that really cute Coach purse, those wicked Harley Davidson hiking boots, and my son's bail bond fund (Just kiddin'!! I wouldn't take funds from the bail bond fund! ???).

I should have majored in political science. Possessing the ability to read the collective mind of the American public must be pretty cool. :D

As a poly sci graduate from UND, I must not have been going to the correct classes, because I don't garner that ability either.

That's pure speculation on your part. I can only speak for myself, but the money I gave to the NCAA Litigation Fund would not have been given to UND in some other form if the lawsuit hadn't happened.

The bolded portion is the strawman consistently trotted out.

The italicized portion is what some folks don't want to talk about.

As far as Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa, read the Holmes quote in my signature.

Homes to intellectualism and freedom of the mind are they indeed. :D

Put another way:

Those schools can't handle any thought outside of their little box.

Feel sorry for them, and the students who are being indoctrinated there.

I don't see "Matt" as negatively as some of you have. He asks some legitimate questions, and though I don't agree with his aggregate conclusions, there are many out there who do. He's new and asking questions. That doesn't make him a hidden negative Bison poster. At least not to me. In some posts some were quite harsh, but he took it in stride and did not strike back venomously. I think he could be cut a little slack from some of you.

Sidenote #1: I was in Arizona all last week and got high fived by two total strangers at two seperate times who shouted "Go Sioux" as we passed, me in Sioux gear, of course. Never heard a negative word. I think outside academia's walls this issue actually has no impact on the general public, nor do they care one lick about it. College sports fans or not. We're just too close to the issue (on both sides) to see that.

Sidenote #2: Thanks to AzSioux for the R.T. O'Sullivan's tip for Sioux-Gopher game. It was definitely a Sioux hangout in Phoenix!