SiouxSports.com Forum

This week's rankings

UNDintheNHL

Don't be so sure about UND making the NCAA playoffs. I am not trying to be a nay-sayer or imply that the team doesn't have the talent. With the automatic bids and teams in other conferences playing as well as they are UND could be left out. Mankato and Duluth won't score to many pairwise points, even if UND sweeps them, which isn't a lock. St. Cloud and Denver will be tough, and it will probably take 6 of 8 points there to help UND out. This year has seen teams separated by far less than previous years and the WCHA is not dominating in all aspects as well. The other conferences have some tough competitors out there and they will continue to challenge UND for a spot.

Now, that being said I still do think UND will make it, but I would not go around calling it a lock by any means.

how did we sweep # 1 in the nation and only jump up 3 spots when we were so far back? i know some teams ahead of us didnt get a win this weekend at all, against some teams not even ranbked.....oh well, rant rant rant....not like it matters.....all that matters is our performance

how did we sweep # 1 in the nation and only jump up 3 spots when we were so far back? i know some teams ahead of us didnt get a win this weekend at all, against some teams not even ranbked.....oh well, rant rant rant....not like it matters.....all that matters is our performance

Yep what matter is that we went from a bubble team to solidly in the national tournament. Screw the polls. You'd think they'd be ahead of the statistical rankings.

Don't be so sure about UND making the NCAA playoffs. I am not trying to be a nay-sayer or imply that the team doesn't have the talent. With the automatic bids and teams in other conferences playing as well as they are UND could be left out. Mankato and Duluth won't score to many pairwise points, even if UND sweeps them, which isn't a lock. St. Cloud and Denver will be tough, and it will probably take 6 of 8 points there to help UND out. This year has seen teams separated by far less than previous years and the WCHA is not dominating in all aspects as well. The other conferences have some tough competitors out there and they will continue to challenge UND for a spot.

Now, that being said I still do think UND will make it, but I would not go around calling it a lock by any means.

I am not sure anyone said they are a lock but as each week goes by and we keep winning the selection committee is going to have to drop their two teams from the EZAC idea and give UND a bid. In fact right now as we speak teams that were ahead of UND are tumbling like prom dress after the dance. Miami, Michigan, Colorado, Vermont, B.C. and BU are on the slide down. UND is currently ahead of Miami, Colorado, Vermont, BU and B.C. So there you go. I am finally coming out of my mid winter depression and realizing that UND is right in the middle of things.