SiouxSports.com Forum

First Trip to Mariucci Arena

LFSPRO

What I had heard about the fans at the "home of the arrogant" was not correct. Our first time at the home of the Gophs was a great time and the MN fans were very cordial and respectful of the "Fighting Sioux"! I must admitt that I was somewhat disapponinted that we were not harrased at Sallys or Stub & Herbs.

To get one last night was great to get the "SWEEP" was fantasic!

Grad01 was there and we had a great time. Can not wait until the Final Five so we can kick some Goper Ass again.

15 kicks 1, it just does not better than that in their home!

Until we get back to the land of the Northern Lights and "Home of the Sioux"!

The Orwicks

What I had heard about the fans at the "home of the arrogant" was not correct. Our first time at the home of the Gophs was a great time and the MN fans were very cordial and respectful of the "Fighting Sioux"! I must admitt that I was somewhat disapponinted that we were not harrased at Sallys or Stub & Herbs.

Grad01 was there and we had a great time. Can not wait until the Final Five so we can kick some Goper Ass again.

The Orwicks

Congrats! Glad you had a good time...(you know it's been 26 years since we sweeped the GOOFS at Mariucci - right? - don't get used to it...just APPRECIATE IT when it happens...SEEYA! :glare:

The Orwicks

I've never really had trouble with the Gopher fans at Mariucci either.

The Orwicks

I'm glad it was enjoyable for you and I found that arrogance is difficult to muster (even at MnTech) when you get beat 12-6 over the two games in the east wing of The Ralph.

The Orwicks

Glad to hear you had a great time. I do think that the "pompous arrogant fans" thing is extremely exaggerated. I will admit that we do have a few of "those" fans. Every teams fan base does--yes including you UND fans. Also I think most, if not all, gopher fans have a deep respect and admiration for the game of hockey.

Glad to hear you had a great time. I do think that the "pompous arrogant fans" thing is extremely exaggerated. I will admit that we do have a few of "those" fans. Every teams fan base does--yes including you UND fans. Also I think most, if not all, gopher fans have a deep respect and admiration for the game of hockey.

okposo > TOEWS AND OSHIE

here is a new one for ya BINA>okposo and johnson :ohmy:

not this weekend CUJO :lol: okposo looks to be a bit slow comnpared to before xmas break, just a bad weekend all around for the UMtc squad.....it happens to everyone, just sure happy it wasnt us this weekend :D

okposo > TOEWS AND OSHIE

here is a new one for ya BINA>okposo and johnson :ohmy:

not this weekend CUJO :lol: okposo looks to be a bit slow comnpared to before xmas break, just a bad weekend all around for the UMtc squad.....it happens to everyone, just sure happy it wasnt us this weekend :D

I think Okposo was tired on Saturday night because he was tired of being one of the only Gophers to skate hard on Friday night.

Seriously though, I thought Goligoski was a lot better than he looked.

Wheeler was just as I thought he was... unremarkable.

Stoa was a nice find by the Gophers.

A lot of no-shows this weekend for the Gophers and not just their goaltending. Other than Goligoski, Peltier, and Johnson, who were the other three defensemen? Really, I don't know.

3rd and 4th lines for the Gophers were nonexistant.

Everyone was talking about how UND has a lack of depth after the first line. Well, if that's the case, Minnesota is in just as deep of trouble in that regard.

The Orwicks

Ah, so that it what it was......I, and every other Sioux fan, beg you to continue to make the trek to Mariucci EVERY YEAR!