SiouxSports.com Forum

Towes Interview

WiSioux

I was looking through the Blackhawk's message board and came across this radio interview with Toews, I believe it's from this week.

http://www.92citifm.ca/mp3s/2007/jontoews02.mp3

I would like to think that the idea of going back to the World Juniors for a third time might keep him at UND another year, but only time will tell....

I was looking through the Blackhawk's message board and came across this radio interview with Toews, I believe it's from this week.

http://www.92citifm.ca/mp3s/2007/jontoews02.mp3

I would like to think that the idea of going back to the World Juniors for a third time might keep him at UND another year, but only time will tell....

I think that is a stretch. Under the new CBA his salary is about $800,000 annually or $75,000/month plus some type of signing bonus (with that type of money he might qualify for a mortgage, YO JT give me a call... the mortgage business is slow this time of year). As much as he may like UND passing up that kind of money is awfully awfully difficult.

Well I was thinking being a potential captain for Team Canada is a pretty big deal too... either way, when he gets to the NHL he'll be making a lot of money. Just a thought...

But either way I hope he has a HUGE weekend in Minneapolis!!!

Ah the trademark, "i'm not really thinking about it right now."

As we learned from last season you trust anything that comes out of their mouths after the season is over.

I remember 4/5 guys saying oh yeah I am coming back. So until the season begins I don't really worry about it.

• 2 weeks later...

From TSN.com:

Wheeling and Dealing

As everyone waits and wonders whether world junior hero Jonathan Toews will leave the University of North Dakota early to sign in Chicago, it is said it's a slam dunk that another hawk first rounder Jack Skille will leave the University of Wisconsin to join the Hawks at the end of his college season.