SiouxSports.com Forum

Grand Forks is in top 100 Communities for Youth

Let'sGoHawks!

Yep, congratulations. Considering that it is sponsored by CapitalOne (worst credit card company on Earth) and that you actually have to apply to get on the list... yes by all means, congratulations... I surely hope your city didn't have to pay any fees to submit the application...

???

Yep, congratulations. Considering that it is sponsored by CapitalOne (worst credit card company on Earth) and that you actually have to apply to get on the list... yes by all means, congratulations... I surely hope your city didn't have to pay any fees to submit the application...

???

Hey NANO........get the hell out of here and go combine your fields or milk your cows, your annoying, immature, posts are pointless, and facts suck so just move on buddy

:lol:

Aren't you supposed to be moderating on the new Bison board (BS.net)? Is business really that slow?

Graze somewhere else...

Which is why they are leaving in droves every year? North Dakota on a whole is far from a "hospitable place for young people". Please attempt to prove that statement wrong...

Nano

Take a moment and actually visit www.americaspromise.org. Particularly this page.

Far too many young people in America are living without enough of the Five Promises in their lives.

If you take the time to read the "Five Promises" you will notice that in this circumstance "young people" does not refer to 20-30 year olds who are unemployed.

Apparently, Grand Forks did a better job at the "Five Promises" than 600 other communities who felt that this award was worth obtaining. Just because Fargo did not receive the award (because it did not apply or possible did not deserve the award) does not diminish its significance.

Seriously...graze somewhere else.

For everyone else...here are some specific comments on Grand Forks.

Nano

Take a moment and actually visit www.americaspromise.org. Particularly this page.

If you take the time to read the "Five Promises" you will notice that in this circumstance "young people" does not refer to 20-30 year olds who are unemployed.

If you'd actually read my reply more carefully I stated :

It may be a safe place to raise a family, but there's nothing here for our young people.

AND are you ready for this SiouxMD???.....

There's barely anything here for the crowd just above the younger crowd, or in other words 20-30 year olds, unless you're one of the select few who can land a decent job in either Fargo, Bismarck, or Grand Forks. :lol:

Yeah that's right, I was talking about TWO different groups of people...

Apparently, Grand Forks did a better job at the "Five Promises" than 600 other communities who felt that this award was worth obtaining. Just because Fargo did not receive the award (because it did not apply or possibly did not deserve the award) does not diminish its significance.

and to think I'M the one being accused of starting a -vs- battle... you're little comment above sure indicates otherwise...

Seriously...graze somewhere else.
;)

I'm just fine and dandy here, thank you. ;)

With 700 entrants and winners like Chicago, New York City, Anchorage, Little Rock, Rochester (MN), Alexandria (VA), Redmond, etc..., this is a nice recognition that the Grand Forks community has worked hard to make itself a hospitable place for young people.

Yeah, can I get a vote of hands on who thinks the above highlighted cities are safe for children (one of the five promises)? :lol:

Ok, I swear, I'm done. So go ahead and further attack me knowing you'll be satisfied I'm not going to respond back. Aka, you'll get the last word...

Yeah, can I get a vote of hands on who thinks the above highlighted cities are safe for children (one of the five promises)?

Obviously shows you never get out of NoDak very often. Although you probably drive across the bridge to Moorhead or Dilworth and sample their fine meth. :lol:

Yeah, can I get a vote of hands on who thinks the above highlighted cities are safe for children (one of the five promises)? :lol:

Ok, I swear, I'm done. So go ahead and further attack me knowing you'll be satisfied I'm not going to respond back. Aka, you'll get the last word...

You're lashing out in contradictory directions to attempt to diminish an award that you don't like solely because it was given to Grand Forks. First you imply it just goes to whoever applies (until we point out that 100/700 got it), then you don't like the sponsor (before the crowd embarasses you with a demonstration of how legit this is), then you go on irrelevant tirade about employment for 25 year-olds in N.D. (at which time you finally actually go learn something about the award), then you lash out with your misperception of how you don't think two of the other world-class cities on the list meet one of the five criteria.

You're making completely irrelevant posts that have no common theme other than attacks on (an admittedly hated by you) Grand Forks. You're only posting here to try to put down and Grand Forks and try to diminish an award because you don't like that it was given to Grand Forks. It's trolling, plain and simple, and yes, you are done.

As an outsider, I find the level of bickering between North Dakota residents puzzling. Debating which city is better? I've heard of interstate rivarly but jeees. With a state population under a million (and a population that is essentially level), I'm really surprised there isn't more united N Dakota spirit. I'd be happy to see any media attention to locations within the state.

As an outsider, I find the level of bickering between North Dakota residents puzzling. Debating which city is better? I've heard of interstate rivarly but jeees. With a state population under a million (and a population that is essentially level), I'm really surprised there isn't more united N Dakota spirit. I'd be happy to see any media attention to locations within the state.

I agree with your sentiment, but don't actually believe it's the dominant attitude. Browsing back through this forum, the vast majority of us discuss with happiness good things that happen to Grand Forks, Fargo, Minot, Bismarck or North Dakota; as this thread shows, just one person with an agenda can really skew things...