Canada / Russia WJC Final

sagard

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Since this is of course the Sioux board and we are of course here to note the role played by Sioux players in their teams' victories, let it be noted that Toews also drew the first two Russian penalties. I think he's looked as good as he has all tournament. Toews' goal came after a very nice pass from Downie (I think).

Since this is of course the Sioux board and we are of course here to note the role played by Sioux players in their teams' victories, let it be noted that Toews also drew the first two Russian penalties. I think he's looked as good as he has all tournament. Toews' goal came after a very nice pass from Downie (I think).

Come one, jk, we really shouldn't mention the successes and achievements of Sioux players without giving Frazee due credit for his part.

I am listening to the game on Game 1040 out of Vancouver. They aired a Toews interview during the intermission break. A lot of talk about the Sioux, the arena, the tradition and the nickname. As always with Toews, a very good interview.

Wow. Toews on the PK is just making the Russians look stupid.

Now it's 4-0 Canada.

I had just read the "man among boys" post, then saw JT's PK shift and was trying to think of how to tie them together. You did it perfectly. This is the JT that Brad predicted would win the Hobey this year.

Complete no brainer. Price would gain some consideration, but his performance in the semi-final OT and shootout don't compare to Toews overall.

I'm also factoring in dagies' influence. :D

Russia scores. There goes Price's chance.