SiouxSports.com Forum

Duluth/sioux

sprig

Some interesting comments by Tim & Craig during the game:

Duluth is only 14.3% on the PP

Sioux are at 25.4% entering the game

Craig likes Hale & Connelly as two of the best checkers on the team. Notices that Blais is sending these guys out immediately following a Sioux goal to "bang around" and keep the opposition reeling.

Reminded everyone that MSU-M is done in the WCHA after this weekend, so if the Sioux run the table, they will finish high in the league.

Here's my concern. The Sioux play great in the second with a 3-1 lead but can't add to it. Then all it takes is one little rush up the ice by UMD and it's a 3-2 game. The Sioux need to finish someone off.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm not exactly brimming with confidence as I wait for the third period to start. I'm sure Sandy's telling his guys, "they're over there just waiting for something bad to happen, for the bounces to not go their way."

Someone in green and white has to decide to put the puck in the net. Pretty or ugly, I don't care, but the red light needs to be lit.

Agreed. Sioux need to bury some chances, which has been a problem lately. Sioux are outshooting Duluth nearly 2-1, yet lead by just a goal going into the 3rd.

Sioux need to take advantage on offense. Come on boys, you guys know you are more talented than most of the teams you play against, youth not withstanding. Time to prove it again!

Unfortunately, I'm at the office and our firewalls don't allow streaming audio. However, from the updates, it sounds like we're already watching the clock. Somebody needs to kick some of the "leaders" in the butt and get them to motivate the troops.

Now Zach robbed by the UMD goalie.

Interesting Zach and Bochenski back together after starting on separate lines.

Zach and Bochenski move down on a 3-on-1 break and don't get off a shot.

Still, great pressure by the Sioux. Sounds now like the third period of the Saturday Mankato game.

SOG 27-14, but it DOESN'T MATTER. 3-3 matters.