SiouxSports.com Forum

Forum software upgrade

jimdahl

I made a moderately large upgrade to the forum software on Monday night.

One intentional change to the appearance is that I tightened up the "padding" (white-space) a little bit so more forums and topics should fit on a single page than before. The upgrade did involve a complete redesign of the "skin" (appearance of the board), so other aspects of the spacing and colors might not be quite right yet.

Report any anomalies here.

I made a moderately large upgrade to the forum software on Monday night.

One intentional change to the appearance is that I tightened up the "padding" (white-space) a little bit so more forums and topics should fit on a single page than before. The upgrade did involve a complete redesign of the "skin" (appearance of the board), so other aspects of the spacing and colors might not be quite right yet.

Report any anomalies here.

The new updates rock, its really nice. Cool you also added a spelling option, which I think is really awesome. :silly:

A few more things to note:

The personal profiles are changed dramatically. It's a much more social thing, you can invite other members as friends, leave comments, etc... Of course, you can also modify your own profile so other people's comments/friend requests AREN'T visible unless you approve them. I wouldn't have necessarily gone out of my way to enable such a thing, but will take feedback.

The "quick edit" isn't working quite right for me. I'll continue to investigate.

I'll replace a bit more of this blue in the default controls with green, eventually.

Huh, the little red shirt seems to mean that you're currently online. I haven't seen the green one yet.

I have the person, can't tell what it is so we'll call it Pat (no offense PCM), in the green shirt set as my profile pic. I was hoping that would change the color of the online person to a green shirt. I can live with it. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...