SiouxSports.com Forum

Good Luck vs Tech this weekend

cujo2

I gotta believe UND will sweep tech this series. Tech started a little hot but has cooled immensly. They really don't offer much offensive skill.

Defensively, they are sound. Their game is to clog up the front of the net. They seem to be content with letting teams pass and pass and pass, especially around the perimeter and not give up quality shots. I thin TECH is leading the league with least amount of shots given up. Need to go hard to net and/or place somebody in "bloody-nose alley"--like Fabian or hell Finley when on the PP.

Also, on break-outs bring both d-men deep into seperate corners then pass DtoD then to a forward to skate the puck out of the zone. Tech has an agressive fore-check and this is an easy way to neutralize their aggresive fore-check.

I gotta believe UND will sweep tech this series. Tech started a little hot but has cooled immensly. They really don't offer much offensive skill.

Defensively, they are sound. Their game is to clog up the front of the net. They seem to be content with letting teams pass and pass and pass, especially around the perimeter and not give up quality shots. I thin TECH is leading the league with least amount of shots given up. Need to go hard to net and/or place somebody in "bloody-nose alley"--like Fabian or hell Finley when on the PP.

Also, on break-outs bring both d-men deep into seperate corners then pass DtoD then to a forward to skate the puck out of the zone. Tech has an agressive fore-check and this is an easy way to neutralize their aggresive fore-check.

I would love to see someone show some emotion this weekend. Not necessarily take a DQ but I want to see some hard hitting and nastyness. No more pretty boy hockey. Lets get back to knocking heads off. Preferable it legal.

This is hardly breaking news, but I think its critical to sweep this weekend. With the break from WCHA play, and losing one of the 2 best offensive players on the team, it will be good to go into the break from league play with some points and a positive outlook. About 6-5 goals per game would be nice for the psyche, I think.

This doesn't mean I think this will happen. I just think it will be important to sweep.

My dad and I commented this past weekend when watching the Wisco games that the defensmen just don't hit like previous Sioux teams and are losing battles in the corners. In the past the Sioux won the battles in the corners which helped getting the puck out and get down the ice and take advantage of others teams inability to catch up. Its tough watching other teams just camp in front of the goalie and not get hit. Lets hit some people this weekend!! Again do it legaly, not like the cross check Lee got called for in front of the ref.

Good Luck to the boys tonight. Unfortunately, I can't listen to the entire game because I have my big bro's rehearsal dinner tonight and wedding tomorrow. Though I am sneaking a small radio in, to try and hear some of it. Gotta check up on my scores. :D To everyone on tonight, post a lot so I can check tomorrow or Sunday and read about the games! :D