SiouxSports.com Forum

Interesting article written by Sid Hartman

sioux goo

Yes, one thing a famous coach told me many years ago was one of the worst things is to have is an athletic director who is around all the time before the game, after the game and constantly in contact with the players. Well, Maturi is that type -- he and his wife, Lois, even went to Orlando on Thanksgiving to watch the Gophers in their tournament -- and was in the locker room after the Clemson loss, and at that point, no doubt he decided it was time to make a move.

Not sure if anyone saw the LTC on the sidelines...and then after the game when coach Lennon had his team huddled on the 50 yard line...there was good old LTC...right behind the players listening to what coach had to say....pretty sure...this is not his place....or doing push ups in the locker room....I bet I know who that coach was who told him that too...The General I am sure...the same guy the LTC would not take a phone call from when suggesting a coach??

So, Sid Hartman is now the authority on the "rold" of an Athletic Director? Well, I guess Sid did create the Lakers franchise; was instrumental in getting the old Washington Senators relocated to Minnesota; not to mention the overall success the Vikings have attained in their history; and who can forget how he was able to convince the lawmakers at the state capitol in St. Paul that they needed to build a hockey arena so that the NHL would expand back to the state. :D

Maybe Sid could use someone to bring him some clean, fresh towels. :)

So, Sid Hartman is now the authority on the "rold" of an Athletic Director? Well, I guess Sid did create the Lakers franchise; was instrumental in getting the old Washington Senators relocated to Minnesota; not to mention the overall success the Vikings have attained in their history; and who can forget how he was able to convince the lawmakers at the state capitol in St. Paul that they needed to build a hockey arena so that the NHL would expand back to the state. :D

Maybe Sid could use someone to bring him some clean, fresh towels. :lol:

Oh hush! I knew there was a real reason for us conspiracy theorists to sink our teeth into as to why the Sioux lost! :D:)

Maybe Sid could use someone to bring him some clean, fresh towels. :)

Clayton..I believe you have made that comment my direction another time...and it was as funny this time as last time....and your right Sid Hartman and Bobby Knight who is the person that told him that comment...have not been around the block at all...Sid has seen more in life and athletics than you would ever hope to see same goes for the General...Mr. Bobby Knight!!!

Clayton..I believe you have made that comment my direction another time...and it was as funny this time as last time....and your right Sid Hartman and Bobby Knight who is the person that told him that comment...have not been around the block at all...Sid has seen more in life and athletics than you would ever hope to see same goes for the General...Mr. Bobby Knight!!!

well, if it came from sid's close personal friend bobby knight, then i guess he must be right!

Clayton..I believe you have made that comment my direction another time...and it was as funny this time as last time....

Not making the comments at you per se. It's just a general comment. Read into it whatever you wish.

Along the same lines as Leigh Jeonotte, why do you still collect a paycheck from UND? Disgruntled employees are no good in any business situation. They do nothing for the company, or school in this case, except attempt to bring down the employees that are truly valuable. Your comments on here that continually belittle Mr. Buning and his staff are getting quite tiresome. If there are issues that you have problems with at UND, then do something about it. Bringing things up that can not be substantiated in an anonymous manner here sure isn't going to solve anything.

I guess I'm still confused as to why this was posted.... I like Buning. I like to see him on the side lines pumping up the crowd, doing push ups, etc. I like his mingling with the masses and his wife mingling with the masses as well. My son enjoyed seeing Mrs. Buning having a good time at the FF last March. If a 24 yr old can say that about a, uhm, slightly older person, than you know they have to be ok.

I don't know and don't want to know the politics involved here. I'm really not sure what this thread is about but, you know me, I just have to get my 2 cents into everything. :D

I guess I'm still confused as to why this was posted.... I like Buning. I like to see him on the side lines pumping up the crowd, doing push ups, etc. I like his mingling with the masses and his wife mingling with the masses as well. My son enjoyed seeing Mrs. Buning having a good time at the FF last March. If a 24 yr old can say that about a, uhm, slightly older person, than you know they have to be ok.

I don't know and don't want to know the politics involved here. I'm really not sure what this thread is about but, you know me, I just have to get my 2 cents into everything. ;)

The last time I took Sid seriously (1986!)....he had a portable 8-track tape recorder in his hand! :D:) He's a dinosaur!! Someone might want to clue him into electricity? (after all, Thomas Alva Edison was a classmate of his in HS! :lol::D)

The last time I took Sid seriously (1986!)....he had a portable 8-track tape recorder in his hand! :D:) He's a dinosaur!! Someone might want to clue him into electricity? (after all, Thomas Alva Edison was a classmate of his in HS! :lol::D)

Sid has forgot more about sports then you will ever know....problem is he has forgot everyting. did you know Sid is a close personal friend of Rob Bollinger, you remember him don't you? He used to be the offensive coordinator at North Dakota State University.