SiouxSports.com Forum

2006-2007 ND High School Hockey

I understand that ur trying to get wurden some recognition and by all means he deserves it. But to say ladouceur is underrated is a joke...Galbreath gets more attention being he played as a freshmen but ladouceur has quickly caught up to him and has just as much if not more potential than galbreath...and "knowsall"...all u do is brag these two up, u want me to try and get u their phone numbers...

Save yourself the time buddy...I already have their numbers. These two deserve every bit of what i am saying about them. They are both great hockey players and even better kids off the ice.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top four teams in the east next year.

1. South, deepest team in the state at the forward position, Danny Wurden will anchor a young but talented group of defensemen, and Deichert will be the best goalie the state has seen since Kasey Moreland.

2. Red River, the Hulk was pretty much everything to this team, but once they figure how to win w/o him, they will be tough again.

3. Grafton, three words - Hills, Anderson, Miller. They better put up some gauddy numbers.

4. Central, Josh Ness got great experience last year and will steal a couple wins up at the Purpur.

Top four teams in the east next year.

1. South, deepest team in the state at the forward position, Danny Wurden will anchor a young but talented group of defensemen, and Deichert will be the best goalie the state has seen since Kasey Moreland.

2. Red River, the Hulk was pretty much everything to this team, but once they figure how to win w/o him, they will be tough again.

3. Grafton, three words - Hills, Anderson, Miller. They better put up some gauddy numbers.

4. Central, Josh Ness got great experience last year and will steal a couple wins up at the Purpur.

I agree South has the deepest forwards, but I'm not really sure if the defense are young, most older than Wurden it would seem with Graalum(?), Anderson, and Metz. Also, I'm not sure how well Deichert will hold up without the talent last year's team had.

With Meland leading the charge Red River is certainly very capable, albeit shallow up front. Their power play ought to be deadly, however. Anyone have any idea who will anchor Meland's line?

I'm also in agreement with Grafton and Central, however I think Simonson deserves a mention in there as well.

Does anyone know when the first game of the season is?

Monday 11/20/06 Jamestown at DL. Tuesday 11/21/06 GFC at Shanley. RR, GFC, DL, WF, and Wahp have their schedules up on their school websites. Couldn't find FN, FS, GPR, or Shanley.

Check out the website "viewmyschedule.com"

Most North Dakota Class A schools post their sports schedules on this website.

Here's the link :

Just click on the link and select the sports you're looking for.

Fargo South : http://www.viewmyschedule.com/lmpublic/lin...school_id=28208

Fargo North : http://www.viewmyschedule.com/lmpublic/lin...school_id=28172

Fargo Shanley : http://www.viewmyschedule.com/lmpublic/lin...school_id=28202

I didn't see Grafton-Park River listed on this website.

I take it that the West will be weak again? Is there any reason to believe that any team out there will get anywhere at state? Any talented players out there returning? Why was Jamestown moved back to the West region and DL moved to the East? I questioned the decision to move Jamestown to the East initially as I thought it did not make sense. DL makes more sense geographically but it has always been in the west and I'm sorry to see it go. It used to be that Jamestown had a pretty strong program and that DL did not really have a strong program. At that time, Jamestown was moved to the east. Now that Jamestown is down and DL is fairly good, DL is moved to the east. Is there some kind of issue here where the east is gerrymandering to get the better team? Maybe I've watched too many Oliver Stone movies?

Your acctually right!!! all of a schools sports transfering confrences has to do with whether there hockey team is expected to be good the next year.

It doesnt have anything to do with the two schools agreeing to rotate its confrence every number of years, its all about argueably the states 4th most popular sport and whose going to be better!!!!!!!!!

Your acctually right!!! all of a schools sports transfering confrences has to do with whether there hockey team is expected to be good the next year.

It doesnt have anything to do with the two schools agreeing to rotate its confrence every number of years, its all about argueably the states 4th most popular sport and whose going to be better!!!!!!!!!

Eye ahgree wit 'livs-two-pay-hokey' al skools due wat hee sade. Inn evry confrence two.

Central will be weak in my opinion all they will really have is Simonson then they are hurting. Red River is gonna be solid all the way through Arneson is very tough in goal. Grafton will be tough also I have heard alot about Anderson Miller and Hills but what you havent talked about is Demers Ryan Hills or Billy Peterson all very young and awesome players. Devils Lake is gonna struggle solid goaltenders and then all they got is Jorey Hiet. Flyers will be solid again but will be interesting how they make up for what they lost. North well lets just say it will be a tough season. West Fargo wont be bad they have Swanson and Burdick (sophmore player but very solid).

Anyone want to try out doing what ND Pride did last year and give a scouting report of each team, if he doesn't want to do it?

ND Pride did a nice job last year. Hopefully he will go for it again. I think the Bruins will win the EDC by at least three points. GPR and RR will battle for 2nd. The real mess will be spots 4 through 7. North, DL, GFC and WF all have a chance at fourth place. It will probably come down to tie breakers to determine those spots. Shanley 8th, Wahpeton 9th. As far as the tourneys go any thing can happen.

ND Pride did a nice job last year. Hopefully he will go for it again. I think the Bruins will win the EDC by at least three points. GPR and RR will battle for 2nd. The real mess will be spots 4 through 7. North, DL, GFC and WF all have a chance at fourth place. It will probably come down to tie breakers to determine those spots. Shanley 8th, Wahpeton 9th. As far as the tourneys go any thing can happen.

Thanks, I am feeling the pressure to produce something. I will see what I can do.

OK, here goes - let's start up North with Grafton. What can you say when you lose 9 seniors including Paul (63 points) and Thomas (56) Campbell as well as top d-man Andrew Peterson. And let's not forget Kringstad in goal. Three of those players helped lead Team North Dakota to the championship game in the Chicago Showcase last April - their shoes cannot be filled - at least not this year - but Grafton always seems to have good talent in the pipeline and the shelves are not bare going into the 06-07 season. Zach Miller (38 points) and Tanner Hills (27 points) are the top returning scorers. Tanner Anderson kicked in 19 and Chris Midgarten 14. There are several defensemen returning including Andrew Peterson's younger brother Billy, Luke Paulson, Jordan Feltman and several others. Mike Sand is a returning goalie but apparently only played 4 periods of varsity. Grafton has 17 returning players and with a hockey tradition I would expect more of the same old, same old - Grafton looking to finish somewhere in the top four in the region and claim a berth at state. How high they finish will depend on the goalie situation and how well the defense can develop. And, there is always the "bantam" factor which is hard to measure when the youth players move up to the high school level. This season will not be an automatic re-load but I think it will be a good one for Grafton. An added benefit for the Grafton fans when playing in Grand Forks is the option of going over to the hometown restaurant (Campbell's Grill) - it's a great place for opposing fans as well. I am getting no commission for that plug.

This has probably already been discussed on here, but I have a nephew at Fargo South who says he has a kid named Tyrel McBain in one of his classes. This floored me, because I heard grumblings of his grandma living in West Fargo, so I could maybe understand him being at that school. Did his whole family move or is he going to have to sit out the transfer period, much like Brett Spooner did a few years back with Grafton.

There is no doubt Burdick will make Varsity he is just as good as lets say Vigen or any other player of that age group. And who really care Flyers or Bruins they all wine the same...

Do they all "wine" the same, or do they all "whine" the same, because "wine" just doesnt work in that context...sorry buddy.

I think the best d-man in the state will probably be Ryan Ladeucer (sp?). However West Fargo has a very capable d-man aswell in Tyler Swanson. Best forward in my mind is a toss-up. We'll see who shows up to play.

no toss up here, Eric Meland is the best forward in the state and will be in 07-08 as well.

no toss up here, Eric Meland is the best forward in the state and will be in 07-08 as well.

Can't say I'm in agreement with either of you there. While both of them are top notch players, neither possess much strength or physical play to be a clear winner for the best of their position. I think that they're both on Elite I and will be out done by other players from North Dakota by a good margin. There's no doubt that they're two of the strongest, but not the strongest.

Can't say I'm in agreement with either of you there. While both of them are top notch players, neither possess much strength or physical play to be a clear winner for the best of their position. I think that they're both on Elite I and will be out done by other players from North Dakota by a good margin. There's no doubt that they're two of the strongest, but not the strongest.

if strength is the only variable holding these two back thats a good sign....seeings how they were only sophomores last year i would expect to see a large improvement in strength and physicality this year from both of them...meland has the hardest job carrying a lackluster offensive push from RR this year while ladouceur has his partner in crime jaret galbreath! what do u guys think?