SiouxSports.com Forum

2006-2007 ND High School Hockey

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rr 4 dl 0

Listened to the game and post game comments.

The score indicates a one-sided game, but DL did put up some good shots and a good fight as well. They played hard, but RR came away as the better team tonight.

Mr. Siouxmama went to the game, so I'll hear more about it when he gets home.

North beat West Fargo tonight 5-2. The game was tied at 1-1 and then 2-2. North pulled away in the third although West Fargo had a couple of 5 on 3's. West Fargo played a reasonable game. Overall their skating was much stronger than I expected. Dave Burdick, who was mentioned earlier in this thread, scored one of West Fargo's goals. The West Fargo team played better than I expected based on the number of players that they lost to graduation.

North beat West Fargo tonight 5-2. The game was tied at 1-1 and then 2-2. North pulled away in the third although West Fargo had a couple of 5 on 3's. West Fargo played a reasonable game. Overall their skating was much stronger than I expected. Dave Burdick, who was mentioned earlier in this thread, scored one of West Fargo's goals. The West Fargo team played better than I expected based on the number of players that they lost to graduation.

Like ND Pride stated, North was in penalty trouble in the third where WF scored one of their goals. It could have been a lot worse, but North was able to kill it off. North had no team work on first line. There were numerous times where the player was out of position and had a man open, but decided to take a shot. North's second line came up big with the second and third goals(Labernick).

Like ND Pride stated, North was in penalty trouble in the third where WF scored one of their goals. It could have been a lot worse, but North was able to kill it off. North had no team work on first line. There were numerous times where the player was out of position and had a man open, but decided to take a shot. North's second line came up big with the second and third goals(Labernick).

North definitely outplayed WF tonight IMO.... First WF goal was scored on a PP, and 2nd one was on a 5-on-3... nice goals, but North was still short players so it was easier for them. Dan Zehren (North's goalie) had lots of awesome saves throughout the game! Great game by both teams, but North outplayed West Fargo and definitely deserved the win!

On another note, the refs SUCKED! I know I always say this, but I think North got at least 15 penalties, while West Fargo got maybe 3. And one of the refs fell, while absolutely nobody was around him, it was pretty funny!

But anyways, that's my 2 cents... I'll hopefully be up at the North/RR game on Friday, should be a good one!!

I was also at the game tonight, in my opinion it was a game that was much closer than the final score. West Fargo played a scrappy game as I thought they could, and had many chances turn the game into their favor. However, North's goalie Dan Zehren (as stated previously) was phenomenal. I think there were at least 2-3 breakaways he steered away. Klein had a pretty goal on a three on two where he picked the corner just over the glove. West Fargo did get the better end of the penalties, but North can't really complain about a call they had. North converting on their chances was the major difference in the game tonight.

I was also at the game tonight, in my opinion it was a game that was much closer than the final score. West Fargo played a scrappy game as I thought they could, and had many chances turn the game into their favor. However, North's goalie Dan Zehren (as stated previously) was phenomenal. I think there were at least 2-3 breakaways he steered away. Klein had a pretty goal on a three on two where he picked the corner just over the glove. West Fargo did get the better end of the penalties, but North can't really complain about a call they had. North converting on their chances was the major difference in the game tonight.

Klein did have a nice goal. He would be a much better player if he used his line mates more. He seems to try to do it all too much.

Klein did have a nice goal. He would be a much better player if he used his line mates more. He seems to try to do it all too much.

I agree there are times when the puck should be given up a little more on that first line for all of them. It seems as though they don't click very well sometimes. It looks like they are trying to make a low percentage pass across the ice, while a short pass is probably the better one. Although I disagree on you saying that Klein doesn't look to pass. When I watch him play he looks to pass and put his linemates in a good position to score. I've seen numerous times this year where Klein has given it up to Bombenger or Bekkedahl to put them in on a break. Once that line finds the right spark I think they will be very dangerous.

I agree with WF playing a pretty decent game. I think if they could have capitalized on a few more powerplays that would have obviously been of some help. North had a few let downs, which they always seem to have. I think it was Labernik who had 2 goals to keep the spartans rolling. Dan Zehran played great. He made some very important saves for the Spartans tonight and proved to be a big key in the game. North has their next game in Grand Forks vs. RR on friday.

I agree there are times when the puck should be given up a little more on that first line for all of them. It seems as though they don't click very well sometimes. It looks like they are trying to make a low percentage pass across the ice, while a short pass is probably the better one. Although I disagree on you saying that Klein doesn't look to pass. When I watch him play he looks to pass and put his linemates in a good position to score. I've seen numerous times this year where Klein has given it up to Bombenger or Bekkedahl to put them in on a break. Once that line finds the right spark I think they will be very dangerous.

I agree with WF playing a pretty decent game. I think if they could have capitalized on a few more powerplays that would have obviously been of some help. North had a few let downs, which they always seem to have. I think it was Labernik who had 2 goals to keep the spartans rolling. Dan Zehran played great. He made some very important saves for the Spartans tonight and proved to be a big key in the game. North has their next game in Grand Forks vs. RR on friday.

Your right, Klein has made numerous break out passes to set up his line mates. It

Listened to the game and post game comments.

The score indicates a one-sided game, but DL did put up some good shots and a good fight as well. They played hard, but RR came away as the better team tonight.

Mr. Siouxmama went to the game, so I'll hear more about it when he gets home.

I was at the RR game tonight and was a little disappointed all around. Devils Lake was kind of what I expected, they had a few skilled players but lacked depth. The Riders top line was too much for DL to handle and DL didnt come up with many quality scoring chances. The Riders play was a little sloppy at times, but their top like (Meland, Crary, Vigen) had a very strong showing. I thought Pat Arnason took another step towards proving himself to all the nay-sayers. Even though he didnt have to make any spectacular saves, he looked very solid and confident all night. I look for the Riders to have a more complete effort Friday vs. North.

The paper said it was 4-2 and that North scored the 4th goal with 21 seconds to go in the game. The shots were also even.

North definitely outplayed WF tonight IMO.... First WF goal was scored on a PP, and 2nd one was on a 5-on-3... nice goals, but North was still short players so it was easier for them. Dan Zehren (North's goalie) had lots of awesome saves throughout the game! Great game by both teams, but North outplayed West Fargo and definitely deserved the win!

On another note, the refs SUCKED! I know I always say this, but I think North got at least 15 penalties, while West Fargo got maybe 3. And one of the refs fell, while absolutely nobody was around him, it was pretty funny!

But anyways, that's my 2 cents... I'll hopefully be up at the North/RR game on Friday, should be a good one!!

I do not agree that north outplayed west fargo. wf had many more quality chances but dont have anybody who can finish, if they did they would have won going away. north made good on their chances as they have some pretty good snipers. as far as the penalties go, north had more but that is typical of the way they play and that will not change. not the refs fault

It was 5-2, the 4th goal (Bombenger) came around 7 min. left and the 5th goal (Dahl) was around 21 seconds.

I think North just made a statement. I'm hearing a lot about how many chances West Fargo had and did not capitalize, but did the same go for North as well? Could this game have been 6-2 or 7-2. I'd like to see what NDPride thinks. I've heard a lot about Kleins goal last night, and I was told he almost had a similar goal later in the game that hit a pipe? Is there any truth to this? Because right now it sounds like people are trying to make it sound like North got some lucky bounces and thats why the game was a three goal difference.

I think North just made a statement. I'm hearing a lot about how many chances West Fargo had and did not capitalize, but did the same go for North as well? Could this game have been 6-2 or 7-2. I'd like to see what NDPride thinks. I've heard a lot about Kleins goal last night, and I was told he almost had a similar goal later in the game that hit a pipe? Is there any truth to this? Because right now it sounds like people are trying to make it sound like North got some lucky bounces and thats why the game was a three goal difference.

I don't think its much of a statement to beat WF.

Toilet bowl standings as of right now:

3. Shanley: Whap derailed their "dream season" , I wouldn't be surprised if they drop their next meeting with the blades in Whap.

2. Whap/Breck: They have an impressive 5-4 win over Hazen-beuhlah, They ran into some tough luck against the better teams, but kept it closer than one may have expected.

1. Hazen-Beuhlah: This team could run it in reverse, They already passed two big tests by dropping games at whapeton and at home against bottineau. If they can servive a few more tests: At Bottineau and two games with Mandan we may have our "dream season".

Other notable team: Mandan this team is unpredictable, I am hoping they don't step up and blow a game vs. hazen.

I wouldn't necessarily say they were lucky to win the game, I just think a 3-2 or 5-4 type score may have been more fitting to the way the game was played. North finished when they had opportunities and WF didn't. Klein did have another chance where I believe he 5-holed the WF goalie and then hit the post. Back to the point sure North could have scored on Klein's post and one where the WF goalie robbed Bombenger on the glove late in the 2nd period, but the point most people are trying to convey is that WF could have very easily put this game into overtime or even have came out with a W if they could have converted on their chances.

I wouldn't necessarily say they were lucky to win the game, I just think a 3-2 or 5-4 type score may have been more fitting to the way the game was played. North finished when they had opportunities and WF didn't. Klein did have another chance where I believe he 5-holed the WF goalie and then hit the post. Back to the point sure North could have scored on Klein's post and one where the WF goalie robbed Bombenger on the glove late in the 2nd period, but the point most people are trying to convey is that WF could have very easily put this game into overtime or even have came out with a W if they could have converted on their chances.

I know what they are trying to convey that if WF would have buried there chances it could have been a much closer or an OT game. The point I am trying to convey is that had North converted all of there chances we could have been looking at a 8-2 trouncing. But those are all if, ands, or buts; so the way I see it North came away with a 5-2 win and it should be treated as such no matter when the goals were scored or how close WF was to scoring one more goal.

After Red River snuck past WF 3-2, I think North did make a statement by beating them 5-2.

I know what they are trying to convey that if WF would have buried there chances it could have been a much closer or an OT game. The point I am trying to convey is that had North converted all of there chances we could have been looking at a 8-2 trouncing. But those are all if, ands, or buts; so the way I see it North came away with a 5-2 win and it should be treated as such no matter when the goals were scored or how close WF was to scoring one more goal.

After Red River snuck past WF 3-2, I think North did make a statement by beating them 5-2.

i dont think so

The paper said it was 4-2 and that North scored the 4th goal with 21 seconds to go in the game. The shots were also even.

The score in the paper is incorrect. Bob Gillen has it correct on his site as 5-2. North did get their 5th goal with 21 seconds to go in the game. The shot count is very misleading as an indicator of anything. Really, the shots should have been heavily in favor of West Fargo, normally, as they had a significant advantage in power play opportunities including two 5 on 3 opportunities. West Fargo had trouble, at times, getting their shots on net. Most of the penalties that North received were deserved. As is typical there were a couple on each side that were missed. Both teams had their moments in this game with North dominating the West Fargo zone especially early in the first period. West Fargo had some good pressure as well and they deserve credit for a good effort. The game was closer than the 5-2 score suggests. If North can cut down on the penalties which really hurt their cause then there obviously would be greater chances for offensive opportunities. Just the same, credit to West Fargo as I think they are capable of putting up a good effort. Their skill level needs an upward bump but it should be interesting to see how they shape up in the second half of the season. I think it is important to realize that at the high school level, hockey teams can have some uneven play and teams that are perceived as lower in quality can put up a good game. South's close game with Central is testimony to that as is Red River's 3-2 game with West Fargo.

Toilet bowl standings as of right now:

3. Shanley: Whap derailed their "dream season" , I wouldn't be surprised if they drop their next meeting with the blades in Whap.

2. Whap/Breck: They have an impressive 5-4 win over Hazen-beuhlah, They ran into some tough luck against the better teams, but kept it closer than one may have expected.

1. Hazen-Beuhlah: This team could run it in reverse, They already passed two big tests by dropping games at whapeton and at home against bottineau. If they can servive a few more tests: At Bottineau and two games with Mandan we may have our "dream season".

Other notable team: Mandan this team is unpredictable, I am hoping they don't step up and blow a game vs. hazen.

A number of folks on this board have noted your continued negative comments and disrespect for players and teams. I would just like to join the list of those who are tired of reading your childish comments. Things must be uninteresting in your life if your only contribution on this board is to run down teams that are just trying to enjoy the game even though they are not posting many wins. I think it is a credit to these teams to work through seasons like that. They don't need to hear your

depreciating commentary.

A number of folks on this board have noted your continued negative comments and disrespect for players and teams. I would just like to join the list of those who are tired of reading your childish comments. Things must be uninteresting in your life if your only contribution on this board is to run down teams that are just trying to enjoy the game even though they are not posting many wins. I think it is a credit to these teams to work through seasons like that. They don't need to hear your

depreciating commentary.

I agree with doubleu. Your trashing of other teams serves no productive purpose. Everyone knows that these teams are struggling so why waste the space to rub it in their faces. Maybe you should start your own thread somewhere so your brand of "analysis" does not have to disgrace what is basically a good thread. Those who enjoy that type of "talk" can go straight to it although from the comments that I have seen so far you would not have much of an audience.