SiouxSports.com Forum

2006-2007 ND High School Hockey

I had the privellege of watching this great unknown from the WDA last night, and they are the real deal folks. I was very impressed with Kyle Everson. 1 goal and 5 assists, he was just all over the ice last night. Everything he touched ended up turning to gold. Their top line of Everson, Henke, and Heit will compete with any line in the state and often find themselves winning that battle. With Grafton's crucial loss last night I am going to say DL not the Spoilers will be vying for the top spot in the EDC with Red River and South.

I agree with you. If Grafton doesnt get their heads out of their asses they will have a frustrating year

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your seeing two brutal teams play.

Lives-to-play-hockey-06- You must be the biggest pile in the state. Everything you say is negative towards a team. Honestly if you say every team is so brutal then please show me how you would do better. If not then shut up because this board is not for you to display your so greatly amazing knowledge of north dakota high school hockey.

Lives-to-play-hockey-06- You must be the biggest pile in the state. Everything you say is negative towards a team. Honestly if you say every team is so brutal then please show me how you would do better. If not then shut up because this board is not for you to display your so greatly amazing knowledge of north dakota high school hockey.

I have to agree with dizzle and Messier on their comments. Lives-to-play-hockey-06 runs down teams and individuals. Hides behind a screen name and makes critical evaluations based on limited knowledge - such as the comment that Elite II is the equivalent of JV hockey, that a certain athlete will never play juniors, etc, etc. Lives-to-play also provides editorial critique of others on this board when in fact he makes a significant number of typos or spelling/grammatical errors as well - for example - spelling "equivalent" incorrectly, or saying (see above)...."Your seeing two brutal teams play." When it should read, "You are......." I guess if you are going to critique the spelling of others I would expect that you know how to write. Enough of this negativity - if you love the sport then why are you running down individuals and teams that are just doing what they enjoy.

I have to agree with dizzle and Messier on their comments. Lives-to-play-hockey-06 runs down teams and individuals. Hides behind a screen name and makes critical evaluations based on limited knowledge - such as the comment that Elite II is the equivalent of JV hockey, that a certain athlete will never play juniors, etc, etc. Lives-to-play also provides editorial critique of others on this board when in fact he makes a significant number of typos or spelling/grammatical errors as well - for example - spelling "equivalent" incorrectly, or saying (see above)...."Your seeing two brutal teams play." When it should read, "You are......." I guess if you are going to critique the spelling of others I would expect that you know how to write. Enough of this negativity - if you love the sport then why are you running down individuals and teams that are just doing what they enjoy.

I agree with everyone too, Lives-to-play-hockey-06 just talks down about everyone and thinks he knows everything about every team and all he says is each team is brutal........that guy is an idiot

Your right I do run people/ teams down, I just don't like hearing these homers come on here and talk up their own teams and their kids. Let face it alot of the stuff on here is a flat out joke. I mean we have atleast 4 players from Grafton who wouldn't shut up about how good Grafton is and how they should be considered one of the big "3". Then we get the DL players/parents coming on here and saying how their D crop is the best in the state. You told me earlier to look at it more objectively. Look around and wake up nothing that has been said is objective. If your going to call me out for being "rude" then call out all of these homers on this site. BTW I told him to proofread because I couldn't understand what he said. You told me to proof read because I missed a letter. Then these parents/players get mad becuase I called out their team or kid that they just talked up to be the next "Great One" . I'll stop running teams/players down when these parents stop saying stuff that is down right ridiculus.

I have been reading this topic for some time now and there was mention about new rules. What are those new rules?

There are no new rules, they are just enforcing a new policy... now they are calling things that would've been let go...things like slashing, tripping, hooking, etc.

I had the privellege of watching this great unknown from the WDA last night, and they are the real deal folks. I was very impressed with Kyle Everson. 1 goal and 5 assists, he was just all over the ice last night. Everything he touched ended up turning to gold. Their top line of Everson, Henke, and Heit will compete with any line in the state and often find themselves winning that battle. With Grafton's crucial loss last night I am going to say DL not the Spoilers will be vying for the top spot in the EDC with Red River and South.

haha sorry to say Everson C, McCarthy RW, Pflaum LW are the top line and Henke C, Byram RW, HansonLW is their second line. Heit is a Defenseman. So none of them are on a line not even powerplay or anything. BUT i do agree with what you said. DL is the real deal and is going to suprise the east. I dont know if they are powerfull enough upfront to beat south or RR though. but I would have to say that they are the team that will give them the best game. DL will beat GPR. North may be a better game. North has proved they can play. Grafton found that out the hard way.

Your right I do run people/ teams down, I just don't like hearing these homers come on here and talk up their own teams and their kids. Let face it alot of the stuff on here is a flat out joke. I mean we have atleast 4 players from Grafton who wouldn't shut up about how good Grafton is and how they should be considered one of the big "3". Then we get the DL players/parents coming on here and saying how their D crop is the best in the state. You told me earlier to look at it more objectively. Look around and wake up nothing that has been said is objective. If your going to call me out for being "rude" then call out all of these homers on this site. BTW I told him to proofread because I couldn't understand what he said. You told me to proof read because I missed a letter. Then these parents/players get mad becuase I called out their team or kid that they just talked up to be the next "Great One" . I'll stop running teams/players down when these parents stop saying stuff that is down right ridiculus.

You're just mad because you want all the talk in the message board to be about Grand Forks Red River. Not everyone who posts on this message board has the same hockey knowledge as everyone else. And when a parents sees his team string together three passes and put the puck in the back of the net and his sons team wins 5-1 it is only logical to believe that they will think they have an alright team. So he comes on the message board and types his or her beliefs about how their respective team will do this year. If it is far fetched someone will tell them in a polite manner or provide logical reasons as to why their statements may be false. Not come on here saying how brutal their team is and that the only talk in the message board should be about "the big three" from the East.

I would love to see a team from the West win state. I would love to see Wahpeton beat Grand Forks Red River. I would love to see Dickinson tie Grafton. Why? Because this means the state is improving. If we can get more and more teams competing with one another and not have certain teams or conferences dominate we are headed in the right direction. Improve the quality of play over the entire state so we can provide equal chances to move on to the next level as our counterpart across the river.

You're just mad because you want all the talk in the message board to be about Grand Forks Red River. Not everyone who posts on this message board has the same hockey knowledge as everyone else. And when a parents sees his team string together three passes and put the puck in the back of the net and his sons team wins 5-1 it is only logical to believe that they will think they have an alright team. So he comes on the message board and types his or her beliefs about how their respective team will do this year. If it is far fetched someone will tell them in a polite manner or provide logical reasons as to why their statements may be false. Not come on here saying how brutal their team is and that the only talk in the message board should be about "the big three" from the East.

I would love to see a team from the West win state. I would love to see Wahpeton beat Grand Forks Red River. I would love to see Dickinson tie Grafton. Why? Because this means the state is improving. If we can get more and more teams competing with one another and not have certain teams or conferences dominate we are headed in the right direction. Improve the quality of play over the entire state so we can provide equal chances to move on to the next level as our counterpart across the river.

speaking of the counterpart across the river, south won tonight 5-1 against #9 White Bear Lake (two empty net goals). maybe the state of hockey in ND isnt that bad...

Does White Bear Lake still have the same goalie that they had last year. He was fun to watch at the Schwans Holiday Tournament on TV...He seemed to be a pretty solid goalie and he was talked about alot on FSN. Pretty fun to watch...don't remember the name...maybe someone can help me?

HomeoftheSioux did you go to the Minot/Jamestown game? Could you give a recap if you did...if not it's alright. But if so, GREAT!

Yes I was there. Are you a Jay fan? Just wondering.

OK. Score Jamestown 7 Minot 5. Jamestown looked fairly good. They passed quite well and moved the puck up ice very quickly. Most of their goals, if not all, came off of Minot turnovers or poorly executed faceoffs. Minot would win or lose a draw and Jamestown would catch them out of posstion and get an odd man rush. Jamestown also was good at turning the puck up ice. They got a breakaway and scored. This happened because Minot took a shot on goal and Jamestown managed to recover the puck and catch Minot on a line change. Minot needs to work on their defensive coverage so as to not allow so many odd man rushes. It was not exactly a realy hard hitting game but Jamestown did land a monster open ice hit against a minot player. Minot also switched goalies partway through the game. Jamestown scored an empty net goal late in the game. Minot does not have a lot of scoring power but they do get spurts of production; Ted Larson (Minot) did get a hattrick.

I'm glad to see that Devils Lake is off to a good start. A lot of naysayers came out after their first game, but they've played pretty well so far. I know they haven't played Red River or Fargo South yet, but I think they will definately hold their own against those teams, and possibly steal a win in Devils Lake against one of the two.

They play in Minot on Tuesday, I can't make the game but I think they'll probably have another strong showing.

I guess I'll throw out my top five in the state right now.

1. Fargo South-Beating White Bear Lake is pretty good.

2. Red River-Could be #1 as well.

3. Fargo North-Beat Grafton.

4. Devils Lake

5. Grafton-I'm interested to see how they fare against Devils Lake.