SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Revenues/Expenses 2006

GeauxSioux

It seems the reports of UND's budget problems were incorrect. The latest OPE data is now available.

Revenues $ 10,427,002

Expenses $ 10,080,241

That is $346, 761 in the black.

OPE Data

That can not be possible. There are a couple of amateur forensic accountants on this message board that have said otherwise. ;)

Since we seem to have a new theme going here in which people are supposed to post retractions if they post something that turns out to be wrong, I wonder if those that questioned UND's budget in regards to it's ability to pursue D-I will post a retraction to their ludicrous statements? :huh:

That can not be possible. There are a couple of amateur forensic accountants on this message board that have said otherwise. ;)

Since we seem to have a new theme going here in which people are supposed to post retractions if they post something that turns out to be wrong, I wonder if those that questioned UND's budget in regards to it's ability to pursue D-I will post a retraction to their ludicrous statements? :huh:

:D

It seems the reports of UND's budget problems were incorrect. The latest OPE data is now available.

Revenues $ 10,427,002

Expenses $ 10,080,241

That is $346, 761 in the black.

OPE Data

Curiously NDSU has balanced their budget to the dollar for at least the second year in a row.

I'm only guesing, but could that be partially REA?

Also Fighting Sioux Club, administraton, building maintanence and support, general institutional support, etc. Basically any revenue or expense that can't be attributed to a single sport.

BTW, the enrollment data is wrong for UND. Someone forgot that they wanted only undergraduate numbers, though I doubt that would throw off the gender equity numbers that much. I'm a bit suprised at the size of the baseball team. Seems a bit big for DII(DI even), but I'm no expert in that. If you want mud to sling at us, check out NDSU's gender $$ ratio. I think there's a reason for it, though, and I expect a pretty significant improvement in this year's and next year's numbers.

I posted a while back that I was pleased that UND got its athletic budget back under control. I'm still interested in the $3 million in one-time expeditures. It's probably just moving numbers around regarding the financing of the Betty's debt, but it would be nice to know for sure.

Also Fighting Sioux Club, administraton, building maintanence and support, general institutional support, etc. Basically any revenue or expense that can't be attributed to a single sport.

My comment regarding the REA was on the revenue side, since in the last IAC meeting there was a note that they received more money than expected from REA. I don't think that the expense side of REA is part of the overall budget for UND.