SiouxSports.com Forum

Chopping wood?

01grad

I don't really know why they kept talking about chopping wood, and I don't really know why I was watching this game when I usually don't watch much college football, but everyone likes seeing an underdog top a ranked team, but I do know that us fellow Sioux fans need to support each other and I really wanted to see Rutgers win for JESUS, Family, Rutgers. So from all of us Sioux fans we congratulate your team on a hard fought victory!

Go Fighting Sioux & Go Scarlet Knights!!!

p.s I have never heard of this team until somebody started posting updates on this board. I guess now everybody knows who they are.

I don't really know why they kept talking about chopping wood, and I don't really know why I was watching this game when I usually don't watch much college football, but everyone likes seeing an underdog top a ranked team, but I do know that us fellow Sioux fans need to support each other and I really wanted to see Rutgers win for JESUS, Family, Rutgers. So from all of us Sioux fans we congratulate your team on a hard fought victory!

Go Fighting Sioux & Go Scarlet Knights!!!

p.s I have never heard of this team until somebody started posting updates on this board. I guess now everybody knows who they are.

I agree, congrats JESUS, Family, Rutgers!!!! What a great win for your program!

Watched the game. One HELLUVA comeback.

Implications were HUGE. Teams like Texas, Florida, and all were hoping for an RU victory and an RU victory basically eliminates Louisville from BCS Contention. Amazing win by Rutgers.

Key TV Moment: Last 3 minutes of the game where the ESPN announcers were basically silent because they were so busy trying to find out as much as they could about what was "supposed" to be an 'also ran.' It brought back memories of the 2000 Frozen Four NC matchup where ESPN basically did everything except project BC the winner and left UND to be the "oh by the way." In other words, it was an INSTANT classic for ESPN broadcasters. :lol:

THANK YOU FIGHTING SIOUX FANS!!!!

Last night was a perfect night. My Dad started taking me to Rutgers sports events thirty years ago even though he had no connection with RU. He took me because I wanted to go and then he started to love going himself. We have been so bad so long and we sit here in New Jersey on a goldmine of football talent that administrations and coaches continued to find ways to bungle recruiting and the overall running of the program for decades. The amount of pent up enthusiasm in this state can not be described. I wish last night could be bottled. I'll bet my Dad was up in Heaven cheering last night too.

GO NORTH DAKOTA!

GO RUTGERS!

The signature line reminds me each day of what is most important. Siouxscore, I am a Rutgers alumnus,but my Dad and I used to go to RU football and some basketball games when I was a kid. Was the strength coach with the football team during the Dick Anderson or Doug Graber years?

GO NORTH DAKOTA--BEAT SOUTH DAKOTA!

GO RUTGERS--BEAT CINCINNATI!

CHOP! CHOP! CHOP!

Chopping wood has been coach Schiano's battle cry all season. He's been preaching the theme since day one.

I follow college football religiously and Rutgers was a joke for years. It was fun to watch the game last night and see the crowd reaction when it ended. What a sight.

For those of us in Mpls/St Paul, are most of you like me when you hear the expression "choppin' wood," you immediately think of Ken Thomas and WJJY's cash call in Brainerd that's played on KQRS? :lol:"I was out choppin' wood and I hear da phone ring so I run."

Chopping wood has been coach Schiano's battle cry all season. He's been preaching the theme since day one.

I follow college football religiously and Rutgers was a joke for years. It was fun to watch the game last night and see the crowd reaction when it ended. What a sight.

For those of us in Mpls/St Paul, are most of you like me when you hear the expression "choppin' wood," you immediately think of Ken Thomas and WJJY's cash call in Brainerd that's played on KQRS? :lol:"I was out choppin' wood and I hear da phone ring so I run."

"pair of choppers" !! The best ever !! :lol:

JfR, not sure who the coach was back then. His name was Rocky Gullickson. Not sure how long he was @ RU. Moved on to the U of Texas. Not sure if he is still there either.

Rock Gullickson is the current Strength and Conditioning coach of the Green Bay Packers. I'd say the guy has class! :D;)

This is Rock's coaching history for those who care:

COACHING BACKGROUND:

Year College/Pro Team Position Coached

1978 Moorhead (Minn.) State Strength Coach

1979-80 Mayville (N.D.) State Strength Coach/Asst. Football

1981 South Dakota State Strength Coach &Weight Training Instructor

1982-89 Montana State Strength & Conditioning

1990-92 Rutgers University Strength & Conditioning

1993-97 University of Texas Strength & Conditioning

1998-99 University of Louisville Strength & Conditioning

2000-05 New Orleans Saints Strength & Conditioning

2006 Green Bay Packers Strength & Conditioning

Thanks GBPkrzz. I remember the name now--not many guys named Rock. He was there during the early years of a head coach we had named Doug Graber. We had mostly just below .500 seasons during Graber's five or six year run. From what I remember Graber may have also coached at Montana State(or maybe Montana) so naturally our former AD thought he would be a great recruiter for kids in New Jersey :D After Rutgers, Graber coached for years in the NFL-Europe and is now an announcer for ESPN. Most of the time he covers games in the South.

Rutgers is now #6 in BCS and sitting pretty being undefeated as other are not.

Stakes are extremely high, though correct? Or has things changed?

Louisville lost to RU and that took them out of the BCS picture entirely. I'd imagine, unless things are suddenly different, that RU is now in the same boat: Win you're in, lose you're out!