SiouxSports.com Forum

goaltending

Siouxrock

? Does Ziggy and Lamoreaux get along? Sedieve will be just fine. You just can't go out and load up on a bunch of goalies, things will work out with the netminders they have. Lamoreaux should stay in the ushl until 2004, and as for Ziggy all you Grand Forks faithful this is not Red River. Ziggy is not the answer to your prayers. He would be crazy to walk on at UND if there was a chance he could play elsewhere.

NO THEY DO NOT GET ALONG, IF ONE COMES THE OTHER WILL NOT.

LAYNE SEDEVIE IS A GOALIE FROM BISMARCK. RIGHT NOW HE IS PLAYING

FOR TOPEKA (WAS HE HAS A BAD NECK INJURY). HE WAS SIGNED A YEAR

AND A HALF AGO TO PLAY FOR THE SIOUX. HE SHOULD BE THE MAN THE SIOUX COUNT ON NEXT YEAR. GIVE HIM SOME HELP AND HE IS SOLID.

Thanks Walleye. That explains why the Sioux are not recruiting Zieglemann. The Sioux have made their decision regarding Lamoreaux, and it is hard to argue. They are both very good, but Lamoreaux was the No. 1goalie in Lincoln last year. I would still like to see Lamoreaux come in early with Sedevie so we have 2 strong goalies, and particularly as insurance in case Sedevie does not recover. We would also have the benefit of a goalie coach as Pierre works as the goalie coach of every team that his kids play for including the Dakota Selects and GF Central.

Lamoureux is currently top 5 in the USHL in games (5th), minutes (5th), wins (3rd), GAA (2nd), and SV% (4th). Had to get? You make it sound like a bad thing. I'd say fortunate to have coming in.

Sedevie is 2, 2, 1, 5, 16.

Ziegelmann is 16, 15, 9, 7, 11.

Jordan Parise is 7, 7, 6, 6, 3. (Yes, Zack's brother has the best save percentage of the group.)

http://www.ushl.com/ushl0203/standings_framed.htm

Walleye, who are you and how do you know Ziggy and Phil don't get along? They get along just fine, they have a healthy competiveness that pushes each one to do better. There was a local news feature here in Lincoln talking about that, and both of them say they get along just fine.

Do you think a Red River Goalie would ever play 2nd fiddle to a Central goalie. No Way!!! . There is know chance Ziggy or Lammy are going to say the dislike each other in a interview. I wish them both well in the future and I believe the sioux got the better of the two. :0

Are you basing this off of fact or because they attended rival high schools? Both Ziggy and Phil are talented goalies and I don't think it would hurt the team to have either one playing for UND. Ziggy ages out of the USHL this season while Phil still has at least another year left and isn't going to UND until the 2004 season. I don't think/know if Phil would leave Lincoln early if Blais could arrange it. As far as wanting a goalie for next year, the most logical choice (between Phil and Ziggy) would be Ziggy. How ever with the abundance of goaltending the sioux currently has, who would have to get cut to make room for another one?

I say go with Ranfranz & Brandt!!!This weekend was a tough one but Ranfranz made unbelievable saves!!!!!remember the players in front of the goalie have to do their part also...the goalie can't do everything!I think ranfranz played good this weekend, but its unfortunate that they couldn't come out with a win...RANDT!!!!!!!(ranfranz & Brandt ) all the way the rest of the season....The sioux has to pick it up!!!!!!

Also the Mankato fans were horrible, I ahve never seen and heard such a bunch rude people!!!!GO SIOUX!!!!!!